+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated or mad?

Dedicated or mad?

One of my colleagues & best friends is a fanatical Villa supporter & long standing season ticket holder. He's been to every game this season and decades of previous seasons.

On Saturday Villa play their play-off final against Fulham at 5pm.

At 1pm his step-daughter gets married 110 miles from Wembley. He's leaving the ceremony at 2pm prompt. Then driving to London, getting the tube (if he can park!) and planning to get to Wembley for a 5pm kick-off. After the game he's returning to get to the end of the wedding evening do.

He's seriously considered hiring a helicopter, a motor-cycle taxi & other such options.

He says military precision, I say very best of luck!

Re: Dedicated or mad?

Depends how close he is to his step daughter but sounds a bit of a dick head move tbh.

Idiot.

If it were me, I would've had words to avoid a potential clash. Then again, if I were a Villa fan, my delusions of grandeur would've meant I was sure if second place until it was too late

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Depends how close he is to his step daughter but sounds a bit of a dick head move tbh.
    just a bit

I’ll only be at the happiest day of your life love I’ve got to go and watch a game!

What will i be watched your first dance? No I’ll be on the 12.40 to London to watch some millionaires kicking a ball around some grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    One of my colleagues & best friends is a fanatical Villa supporter & long standing season ticket holder. He's been to every game this season and decades of previous seasons.

On Saturday Villa play their play-off final against Fulham at 5pm.

At 1pm his step-daughter gets married 110 miles from Wembley. He's leaving the ceremony at 2pm prompt. Then driving to London, getting the tube (if he can park!) and planning to get to Wembley for a 5pm kick-off. After the game he's returning to get to the end of the wedding evening do.

He's seriously considered hiring a helicopter, a motor-cycle taxi & other such options.

He says military precision, I say very best of luck!
    Sounds like addiction to me.

what a tit

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    what a tit
    I missed a good friend's wedding because Cardiff were playing Sheff U the same day. At the time, I was going to my preferred option (didn't really fancy a wedding, was younger and naive and self-centred, and Cardiff had were in the top 6), but in hindsight it was a shitty thing to do - and that was "only" a good mate.

It’s bad but your mate probably wouldn’t miss you that much with all his family there.

Imagine the guy who raised you running you down the isle because he had to get to Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s bad but your mate probably wouldn’t miss you that much with all his family there.

Imagine the guy who raised you running you down the isle because he had to get to Wembley
    I've heard Prince Charles is stepping in to take her down the aisle.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I've heard Prince Charles is stepping in to take her down the aisle.
    Oohh matron

Bit of a dick move tbh. Family should come first and I'd imagine his step-daughter is (quite rightly) furious

Just to put the record straight, she's in her late 20's and it's his new partners daughter, he's only known her a couple of years. She's 100% supportive of him going. The intent of my posting related to him being 110 miles away 3 hours before kick-off and efforts he's going to get there on time.

Just to put the record straight, she's in her late 20's and it's his new ex-partners daughter, he's only known her a couple of years. She's 100% supportive of him going. The intent of my posting related to him being 110 miles away 3 hours before kick-off and efforts he's going to get there on time.
    FYP.

In all honesty, it's equally odd that they don't care if he is there or not. Fulham is his real life partner.

Who gets married in the football season?
    Bloody dickheads that's who.

I would rather watch it on sky, all that stress would ruin the enjoyment of the game for me

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I would rather watch it on sky, all that stress would ruin the enjoyment of the game for me
    The couple of times I've been at Wembley (cheap seats) - I've ended up watching 90% of the game on the big screen anyway.

Just to put the record straight, she's in her late 20's and it's his new partners daughter, he's only known her a couple of years. She's 100% supportive of him going. The intent of my posting related to him being 110 miles away 3 hours before kick-off and efforts he's going to get there on time.
    But still his partner’s daughter like

What a twat

Important part of the post

Imagine the brownie points on offer if he doesn't go, very short term thinking IMO, they'll get battered anyway and its hardly like its European final, its a playoff against Fulham FFS

This is a Netmums-like thread with a possible family feud in the making. I hope the OP keeps us informed of the unfolding intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What a twat
    Any more personal info about the bride you feel you can share with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    FYP.

In all honesty, it's equally odd that they don't care if he is there or not. Fulham is his real life partner.
    Fulham is going to be livid when it finds out he's cheating on it with villa.

There's not much point in him going back for the evening do. Everyone will have spent the whole day slagging him off.