+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dedicated or mad?

Re: Dedicated or mad?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's not much point in him going back for the evening do. Everyone will have spent the whole day slagging him off.
    So true. He says he's going back but will he really rush back as quickly as he plans on getting to Wembley?

Should think about the family first, its not as if Villa hasn't seen good times and played in the higher league .

Could perhaps forgive the selfish act if it's was Accrington Stanley and its was his step daughters 15th marriage.

Pity its not on television he could have watched it that way, most places have electricity now , and televisions .

Idiot. Back last June/July we booked to go to Florida on Sunday; knowing the play-off final was on the Saturday. Plan these things and you don't have a problem!

I dare say he didn't consider they'd be in the play-off final because it's another Villa fan who thought the world owed them automatic promotion .

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    One of my colleagues & best friends is a fanatical Villa supporter & long standing season ticket holder. He's been to every game this season and decades of previous seasons.

On Saturday Villa play their play-off final against Fulham at 5pm.

At 1pm his step-daughter gets married 110 miles from Wembley. He's leaving the ceremony at 2pm prompt. Then driving to London, getting the tube (if he can park!) and planning to get to Wembley for a 5pm kick-off. After the game he's returning to get to the end of the wedding evening do.

He's seriously considered hiring a helicopter, a motor-cycle taxi & other such options.

He says military precision, I say very best of luck!
    Tell him to park in The Greenway, Ickenham (2 mins from my house!!!) Unrestricted on weekends. 2 minute walk to West Ruislip Station and get the mainline (overground) direct to Wembley Station. Can take as little as 10 minutes.

He'll do it easily as there'll be no traffic to get there. All the traffic around Hangar Lane and North Circ.

Could easily stop in the Soldiers Return Pub for a quick pint on the way.

One of my colleagues & best friends is a fanatical Villa supporter & long standing season ticket holder. He's been to every game this season and decades of previous seasons.

At 1pm his step-daughter gets married 110 miles from Wembley. He's leaving the ceremony at 2pm prompt. Then driving to London, getting the tube (if he can park!) and planning to get to Wembley for a 5pm kick-off. After the game he's returning to get to the end of the wedding evening do.

He's seriously considered hiring a helicopter, a motor-cycle taxi & other such options.

15.17 from Warwick Parkway (get a lift back having parked the car up early in the morning to ensure a parking space). Or a tv at the reception.

My brother-in-law gets married Saturday in London somewhere.

Was worried all season I’d have to miss the playoff final.

Should’ve had more faith in the boys! Did miss our final game for his stag do, but can live with that.

Update: family rift none & not going to be.
    Addiction: totally one of his daughters is called Aston.
    Pretentious: absolutely not
    Transport: he's going by Motorcycle taxi

Footnote: I missed my brother in laws wedding to go to a City match.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Who gets married in the football season?
    Bloody dickheads that's who.
    Exactly mate. I told my partner I have been in a relationship with the City much longer than her! 15 years down the line we are doing the deed next June out of the football season and no euro's or world cup

Ffs 🤦🏻

What a tit

Let's hope Aston marries a Mr Martin

Would've thought a Ricky Villa would've been more appropriate!!

Or a Mr Park

Depends on a few things. How old is the step daughter? Is it her 5th marriage? But he sounds a bit selfish if you ask me.

Update: family rift none & not going to be.
    Pretentious: absolutely not
    Transport: he's going by Motorcycle taxi

What his name? Richard Head? Or perhaps Jack Hunt?

No family rift? Sure....

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Exactly mate. I told my partner I have been in a relationship with the City much longer than her! 15 years down the line we are doing the deed next June out of the football season and no euro's or world cup
    Ive missed 1 home league game in the stadium since it was built , for a wedding of a friend of the Mrs . It didn't end well we had a massive row . City beat Sheff Weds 3-0 (i think) The bollacking started when i was listening to the game on an ear piece in the reception.
    Footnote - the marriage only lasted 2 years but my obsession continues .

What was the match?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Or a Mr Park
    Or let's hope Aston marries a Mr "AYoungMan'sSleeve" for all the Danny Abse fans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Depends on a few things. How old is the step daughter? Is it her 5th marriage? But he sounds a bit selfish if you ask me.
    He sounds unhinged. In some ways, it's good that he is channeling his addiction to something as relatively harmless as football. If he was as addicted to, say, women then we could have a John Wayne Gacy on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Idiot. Back last June/July we booked to go to Florida on Sunday; knowing the play-off final was on the Saturday. Plan these things and you don't have a problem!

I dare say he didn't consider they'd be in the play-off final because it's another Villa fan who thought the world owed them automatic promotion .
    In all honesty, I reckon he didn't have a say in booking the wedding and found out the date afterwards. Still a pleb though.

At the fa cup final, after match there was a Portsmouth fan on train platform who explained he had to get back to his sons christening (lived in London) . Never heard of a Saturday christening mind.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Ive missed 1 home league game in the stadium since it was built , for a wedding of a friend of the Mrs . It didn't end well we had a massive row . City beat Sheff Weds 3-0 (i think) The bollacking started when i was listening to the game on an ear piece in the reception.
    Footnote - the marriage only lasted 2 years but my obsession continues .
    In fairness, I am very lucky this time round as she totally gets it! When it came to setting a date there are at least 10 city season ticket holders in my close family and the reception would have looked a bit silly minus the groom, best man (nephew) father of the groom, my sister, 2 uncles, 1 aunty, other nephew's and numerous cousin's if it had been set during a football season!!

So what happened?