+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done the Tory Government

Well done the Tory Government

Another massive success for the Torys.

Sanction the unemployed and the poor, it's the Tory way.

“Sanctions generally delivered poor outcomes, including debt, poverty and reliance on charities such as food banks, the study found. Often imposed for trivial and seemingly cruel reasons, they frequently triggered high levels of stress, anxiety and depression”.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-and-damaging

Vile, nasty, hateful, vindictive. Always have been and always will be.

Their favourite pastime though is attacking the sick and the disabled.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ministers-slammed-unfit-purpose-benefits-12574952

Re: Well done the Tory Government

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Another massive success for the Torys.

Sanction the unemployed and the poor, it's the Tory way.

“Sanctions generally delivered poor outcomes, including debt, poverty and reliance on charities such as food banks, the study found. Often imposed for trivial and seemingly cruel reasons, they frequently triggered high levels of stress, anxiety and depression”.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-and-damaging

Vile, nasty, hateful, vindictive. Always have been and always will be.

Their favourite pastime though is attacking the sick and the disabled.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...efits-12574952
    I'm sure Eric will be along in a moment castigating you for posting an article without comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm sure Eric will be along in a moment castigating you for posting an article without comment.
    Look again honey, I’ve made my comments quite clear.

Savage minds, no compassion whatsoever.

I notice this sanction regime will include Working Tax Credit claimants who are in work when they switch to claiming it under Universal Credit, and that the Disability Premium will disappear for those who are ill which will make them financially worse off and negatively impact their conditions further no doubt.

I can see that JSA and Housing Benefit are two of the six benefits amalgamated in UC which is made as a single payment. What would happen to an unemployed renter if their JSA is sanctioned - would both their JSA and Housing Benefit cease for the sanction period?

I can't get angry about these changes as 1, they don't affect me; and 2, Labour or a Labour led coalition future government will retain this and every other welfare reform except for, perhaps, the bedroom tax, as a bone to its activists for them to chirp that fundamental differences exist between the blue and red sides of the same Political Class.

Ffs it was the Guardian, so obviously totally unbiased as are welfare confidentiality and the users they interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I dont about the story from the Guardian - it's about as unbiased as the Daily Mail. The report cited says it's based on a report by the http://www.welfareconditionality.ac.uk/ (no conflict of interest there then...)

The rules on sanctions are :-

Not applying for enough jobs.
    Refusing to apply for a suitable job.
    Not being available for work.
    Not attending a compulsory training or employment scheme.
    Leaving a job voluntarily or being sacked for misconduct.

If you are receiving money and there are conditions attached - then it's usually good practice to abide by the rules - in my experience. If you have had a sanction - then you can still ask for it to be reconsidered , and then you and appeal it again if that fails.

Previous Govts sought to get people off the dole queue and park them on a disability allowance (to make the unemployment figures look better) - now perhaps this is being reversed. If you are on any sort of allowance - then it is reasonable for the dept handing out the benefit payment to want to check your situation.

That should be enough ammo for gammon flaps to get juiced up about.
    I guess the dichotomy is similar to the approach to undocumented migrants and subsequent Windrush saga. Do you want to persecute X genuine cases to catch the Y who is taking the piss? The governments choice since taking power has been yes, instructed by the people of the UK I must add. I don't like the smell of that and I especially don't like the idea that they will end up sanctioning people who are just genuinely trying to do the right thing.

I dont about the story from the Guardian - it's about as unbiased as the Daily Mail. The report cited says it's based on a report by the http://www.welfareconditionality.ac.uk/ (no conflict of interest there then...)

The rules on sanctions are :-

Not applying for enough jobs.
    Refusing to apply for a suitable job.
    Not being available for work.
    Not attending a compulsory training or employment scheme.
    Leaving a job voluntarily or being sacked for misconduct.

If you are receiving money and there are conditions attached - then it's usually good practice to abide by the rules - in my experience. If you have had a sanction - then you can still ask for it to be reconsidered , and then you and appeal it again if that fails.

Previous Govts sought to get people off the dole queue and park them on a disability allowance (to make the unemployment figures look better) - now perhaps this is being reversed. If you are on any sort of allowance - then it is reasonable for the dept handing out the benefit payment to want to check your situation.

That should be enough ammo for gammon flaps to get juiced up about.
    Logged out again are we Gammon Chops. If not how are reading my posts? A bit of stalking again hey? I await your scary gammon like PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Logged out again are we Gammon Chops. If not how are reading my posts? A bit of stalking again hey? I await your scary gammon like PM.
    How many pm’s has he sent you?

I SAID HOW MANY PM’S HAS HE SENT YOU, NOW?

I removed all my ignores, when I say 'all' you were the only one on it Ms Gammon Flaps (or is it Erics alter ego)
    Put me off my food all day - just the thought of it....
    Attachment 2415
    Mmmm that’s looks and tastes as nice as I do. Don’t get rattled now mun it won’t do your blood pressure any good

I SAID HOW MANY PMs HAS HE SENT YOU, NOW?

I SAID HOW MANY PMs HAS HE SENT YOU, NOW?
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post4883850

I don’t think so, mate.

I don’t think so, mate.
    Ok mate, have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ok mate, have a good day.
    Will do. Cheers hun xx