http://www.football365.com/news/f365...palace-everton

Cardiff City

What do they need?
Plenty, to be brutally honest. You cannot fault Neil Warnock’s over-achievement in getting Cardiff promoted, but the squad will need serious surgery if they are to survive next season. Warnock will hope to play the Stoke City ‘they don’t like it up ‘em’ style that served Cardiff very well in the Championship, but aside from the two central defenders, Kenneth Zohore and Junior Hoilett, could you be truly confident about any of them making the step up? A new back-up striker is a must – sorry, Gary Madine – but both full-back positions and central midfield could also do with improving, particularly if Craig Bryson’s loan move isn’t made permanent. I’m trying not to p*ss on everyone’s chips, here.

What will they get?
During their 2013/14 season in the Premier League, Cardiff signed 14 players of 11 different nationalities from six different leagues, so this could be interesting. Having Warnock in charge should mean that such a scattergun approach might be toned down a touch, but Warnock will push for significant investment accompanied by loan players from top-six clubs. My random generator of names throws out Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Rob Holding and Harry Wilson.

What’s been said?
“I’ve already got transfer targets that I have got to try and get permission from the board to try and sign. Vincent and the owners know I don’t spend silly money, they are aware of that, but at the same time we do need five or six players to add to the squad to give us a chance really. I’ve got a great group of lads and I think most of them can play in the Premier League. And we need players to supplement that; we won’t be signing any big name, big-time Charlies who will disrupt our spirit” – Neil Warnock, May 7.
Is that a bit harsh do we think, whilst I agree we need a lot I think Etheridge and Ralls could step up too and an argument could be made for Bennett too.