+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lawsuit claims Monsanto hid cancer danger of weedkiller for decades

Blog Entries

Re: Lawsuit claims Monsanto hid cancer danger of weedkiller for decades

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Mainstream views? I look at the science Mrs R, then form an opinion based on reports from people who know, and not people thinking the governments are out to kill them.

OK, so you have some sort of reaction to it. Your post read "just the word aspartame does it for me". That was pretty vague, so I asked for a bit more information - oddly you've seen it as something to get all ranty and angry about instead of being civil. A terrible shame.

Ahhh, so there's more to it than just a burning sensation when you've taken it. Of course aspartame is associated with potential health risks. The fact is, though, that you would need to be taking in huge amounts to get to those risks. I would point you to the science, but hey, it could be classed as "mainstream" and everything "mainstream" is just fooling people right.

I agree, it is worrying. However, you would need to be drinking the equivalent of 19 cans of diet coke every day before you reached the levels classed as "excessive" by various health organisations. Again, I doubt you are interested in the actual science.

On this, I tend to agree. My basic understanding is that the body still produces insulin and that may cause cravings for sugary foods. However, I don't think this has been researched enough so I remain open minded (as I am with all things except Tan) because if I see evidence that can change my mind, then that evidence will change my mind. I get the feeling I could provide you with evidence that Monsanto is not as evil as some say, and that aspartame only causes issues when used excessively (like red meats, the sun and all things) - but your mind is already made up.
    Did I say the governments are out to kill people? I don't think I did.

Sorry if I came across as not being civil, I was a tad stressed this morning so I apologise for that.

I didn't say everything mainstream is fooling people but for decades we were told saturated fat clogs up the arteries and causes heart disease, it's only now that we are finding out that it's not true, I have no doubt that one day we will be talking about how the dangers of Aspartame were covered up, I will put my life on it.
    http://time.com/4485710/sugar-indust...ease-research/
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317118.php
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/w...me-to-fat.html
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...t-blame-at-fat

Badly Ironed Shirt in 'I tend to agree' with Mrs Steve R shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Why do people hate Monsanto so much, of all the companies out there they seem to attract a special level of hatred from certain groups
    Allegedly bad payers, 60 days dragging on to 90 after invoice, & bully smaller companies.

Mainstream views? I look at the science Mrs R, then form an opinion based on reports from people who know, and not people thinking the governments are out to kill them.

OK, so you have some sort of reaction to it. Your post read "just the word aspartame does it for me". That was pretty vague, so I asked for a bit more information - oddly you've seen it as something to get all ranty and angry about instead of being civil. A terrible shame.

Ahhh, so there's more to it than just a burning sensation when you've taken it. Of course aspartame is associated with potential health risks. The fact is, though, that you would need to be taking in huge amounts to get to those risks. I would point you to the science, but hey, it could be classed as "mainstream" and everything "mainstream" is just fooling people right.

I agree, it is worrying. However, you would need to be drinking the equivalent of 19 cans of diet coke every day before you reached the levels classed as "excessive" by various health organisations. Again, I doubt you are interested in the actual science.

On this, I tend to agree. My basic understanding is that the body still produces insulin and that may cause cravings for sugary foods. However, I don't think this has been researched enough so I remain open minded (as I am with all things except Tan) because if I see evidence that can change my mind, then that evidence will change my mind. I get the feeling I could provide you with evidence that Monsanto is not as evil as some say, and that aspartame only causes issues when used excessively (like red meats, the sun and all things) - but your mind is already made up.
    Only you could bring Vincent Tan into an argument/discussion about Monsanto !!.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I was being self deprecating - try it sometime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post

I was being self deprecating - try it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

You always do it, you were the same with coconut oil, pick pick pick always telling me how wrong I am pushing your mainstream views down my throat, saying my arteries are going to be clogged up when I already provided you with links showing that it was not the case yet here I am a year later 7 stones lighter and feeling healthier than ever so I will stick with my own advice if you don't mind

I do not have an allergy to aspartame, there you go again putting words in to people's mouths

Here's another one of my biased links
    https://draxe.com/aspartame/

I find the bit about it causing serotonin levels to decrease particularly worrying considering there is so much depression and anxiety about, depression is on the rise and this crap is added to everything, it does not take a genius to work out that it might not be a good thing.

It does not help you lose weight either, I lost all my weight while drinking full sugar juice, I still hunt high and low in shops for old stock that has not got this garbage added to it, I bought a bottle of water yesterday and even that had artificial sweeteners in it ffs
    http://time.com/4859012/artificial-s...s-weight-loss/

I cba to go in to any other reasons because I've not long got in and I want my dinner but I've read enough to know that I want to avoid it like the plague.

Oh btw, for their next trick Monsanto will take over the cannabis industry
    https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/mon...-of-marijuana/
    There is evidence that says that artificial sweeteners are often counterproductive in terms of weight loss and diabetes risk.
    When you taste something sweet your body starts working straight away to get rid of the sugar as quickly as possible. If you drink a lot of very sweet sugar free drinks then over time this response gets diminished, and when you do have some dietary sugars your body is no longer as efficient at processing them and they raise your blood glucose levels for longer.
    It's kind of a boy who cried wolf effect.

Of course you can also become enormously fat through drinking a lot of drinks with sugar in.
    Sugar free alternatives can be effective, but I think it's better if they are drunk with other food (i.e. when other sugars are going to be present) and not in large quantities.
    If it's only small quantities then sugary drinks are probably fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Allegedly bad payers, 60 days dragging on to 90 after invoice, & bully smaller companies.
    thats most of the corporate giants world ,strategy

International

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Providing jobs is poor compensation for poisoning people. The Nazis provided millions of jobs. Stuttgart, Wolfsburg and Munich are, to this day, reaping the rewards of Hitler’s industrial strategy.

I was inevitable wasn't it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There is evidence that says that artificial sweeteners are often counterproductive in terms of weight loss and diabetes risk.
    When you taste something sweet your body starts working straight away to get rid of the sugar as quickly as possible. If you drink a lot of very sweet sugar free drinks then over time this response gets diminished, and when you do have some dietary sugars your body is no longer as efficient at processing them and they raise your blood glucose levels for longer.
    It's kind of a boy who cried wolf effect.

Of course you can also become enormously fat through drinking a lot of drinks with sugar in.
    Sugar free alternatives can be effective, but I think it's better if they are drunk with other food (i.e. when other sugars are going to be present) and not in large quantities.
    If it's only small quantities then sugary drinks are probably fine.
    Obviously I was not talking about full sugar fizzy drinks like coke ect, I would not touch them either these days, I only drink cranberry juice drink, I doubt I will be able to do that for much longer though as the nanny state has decided that I'm too stupid to decide for myself if I want sugar or not and have taken my choice away
    It was nice to see so many other people had been on the Ocean Spray page on fb to tell them how revolting the new recipe is just like I did

I'm seeing more and more stuff about it not helping weight loss all the time..
    https://www.muscleforlife.com/artifi...d-weight-loss/
    https://www.fitday.com/fitness-artic...ight-loss.html
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/2004...diet-efforts#1

Dieting is not easy at the best of times, if there is a chance that it could make it harder why take the risk? especially as it tastes like shit and leaves a taste in your mouth like you've been chewing metal I can spot it a mile off in any drink, I really hate it with a passion