+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two weeks on....

Two weeks on....

I'm still pinching myself ..with a warm glow inside.
    Realistically I thought Swansea would get the win they needed , so what a double bonus the following week was!
    Any positive results next season..for me..will be looked upon as a bonus. Living near Cambridge most of the locals follow Spurs..Arsenal..Chelsea and when they mention little Cardiff they say we're definitely going down. I just agree with them and say every point we win will be a bonus.
    If we are struggling at the bottom i really hope Warnock stays..it's because of him that we have this free shot.
    Ken

Re: Two weeks on....

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Realistically I thought Swansea would get the win they needed , so what a double bonus the following week was!
    Any positive results next season..for me..will be looked upon as a bonus. Living near Cambridge most of the locals follow Spurs..Arsenal..Chelsea and when they mention little Cardiff they say we're definitely going down. I just agree with them and say every point we win will be a bonus.
    If we are struggling at the bottom i really hope Warnock stays..it's because of him that we have this free shot.
    Ken
    I must be alone in wanting Swansea to have stayed up. I bear them no grudge and would like to see two Welsh teams in the Premier League. And the local rivalry would create a spark twice in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I must be alone in wanting Swansea to have stayed up. I bear them no grudge and would like to see two Welsh teams in the Premier League. And the local rivalry would create a spark twice in the season.
    Not alone. I was exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Not alone. I was exactly the same.
    Me too, I was loking forward to beating them down there on Boxing Day and at home again on New Years Day, now that would have been a festive bonus.

I think Wolves are our local derby for next season!

I fecking hate Swansea and want them to do a Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Ken
    I cocked myself laughing when the jack's were relegated

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I cocked myself laughing when the jack's were relegated
    Me too...caaaaants

I would have had this opinion if it hadn't have been for the gloating and baiting by their fans. As far as I'm concerned now, they can go back where they belong to League 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I would have had this opinion if it hadn't have been for the gloating and baiting by their fans. As far as I'm concerned now, they can go back where they belong to League 2.
    ..reckon they'll end up having a boring mid table season..the worst.
    ( I'd prefer a relegation battle than a boring mid table season )

Remember the orange away shirts the season after we lost to Blackpool. Im sure Big Nose was behind that.

Small town club with huge chip on its shoulder.

They arent laughing anymore.

Their relegation is funny. Their fans reaction is funnier. The 9 man demo a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    But you are probably not talking about most of their fans - just like most Cardiff fans aren't typified by the gobby and nasty fraternity that we have. The relatively silent majority of most clubs are probably civilised people.

But you are probably not talking about most of their fans - just like most Cardiff fans aren't typified by the gobby and nasty fraternity that we have. The relatively silent majority of most clubs are probably civilised people.
    This is true TBG. There are a couple of Bluebird exiles who go to my local pub, and there is a lot of banter, but apart from supporting a different team there is not much difference.

TBH, I'm looking forward to a season or so in the Championship. The challenge of finishing in the top two or at least six is much more exciting than finishing out of the bottom three. What difference does it make to us supporters? We'll see six more games per season, and the fact that there will be a few less supercars about doesn't make any difference to me. A goal will still bring the fans to their feet, and hopefully we'll see more of them next season. It'll also be decision time for the owners. Are they going to hold 'em or fold 'em?

As a non season ticket holder, I though there might be more chance to get tickets for home games, but apparently season tickets are at the same level as last year, and there is still a waiting list. Seven years in the PL has made people used to going to see the games, I think the support will hold up, but there will be a few good time followers who will drop out.

Good luck next season, enjoy every game, turn a few of the "Big Six" over and finish out of the bottom three.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I fecking hate Swansea and want them to do a Coventry
    I’m still shocked they only managed 3 points from the last 9 or 10 games, talk about free fall, spectacular or what. Let’s hope they continue the Sunderland way. Sorry zz but you’re brethren have it coming after the grief we have had to endure the last 5 years or so. Established premier league team? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Me too, I was loking forward to beating them down there on Boxing Day and at home again on New Years Day, now that would have been a festive bonus.
    Me too.