+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Famara Diedhiou - brizzle

Famara Diedhiou - brizzle

no thank you , dirty little fker.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44209341

Re: Famara Diedhiou - brizzle

That's the 3rd spitting incident at least this season - Saiz of Leeds v Newport in the Cup, Masuaku of West Ham v Wigan in the Cup as well and now this one. The punishment doesn't seem to hit the players hard enough. 6 game ban OK but fine them at least 3 months wages and not the 2 weeks ( I think ) that seems to be the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    no thank you , dirty little fker.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44209341
    Jersey says it was all Cardiff’s fault.

If it were a punch, we'd all be saying it was uncalled for, and he might get a ban for a few months.

Spitting is something completely different. There's no dignity in it whatsoever. I'd go as far as saying it's a 10 game ban by the FA. I'd hope that clubs also align a fine to correspond with an appropriate fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    That's the 3rd spitting incident at least this season - Saiz of Leeds v Newport in the Cup, Masuaku of West Ham v Wigan in the Cup as well and now this one. The punishment doesn't seem to hit the players hard enough. 6 game ban OK but fine them at least 3 months wages and not the 2 weeks ( I think ) that seems to be the standard.

El Hadji Diouf used to gob at anyone and everyone. Horrible little shit he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    When he said he lived in spitting distance of some nice houses in Henley I see what he means now!

We don't need to concern ourselves with the antics of these lower league teams

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    If it were a punch, we'd all be saying it was uncalled for, and he might get a ban for a few months.

Spitting is something completely different. There's no dignity in it whatsoever. I'd go as far as saying it's a 10 game ban by the FA. I'd hope that clubs also align a fine to correspond with an appropriate fine.
    Find it weird how people always say they’d rather be punched than spat on. I’ve been punched before and would pick being spat on every time

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Find it weird how people always say they’d rather be punched than spat on. I’ve been punched before and would pick being spat on every time
    Yep. It was all the rage in the late 70's. We gobbed on life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg21bng7p_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agree with you. Heard coppers say it several times on TV shows like Police Interceptors. Can only think none have been on the receiving end of a teeth-rattling punch.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Was it a hoof spit?
    If not it doesn’t count

That’s just daft.

What is an “appropriate fine” ? The current levels of fines don’t seem to be. Players are motivated by the significant money that can be earned in the game. Spitting is abhorrent. The punishments need to fit the crime. Two weeks wages plus 6 games or so with your feet up doesn’t seem draconian enough for such an offence as this. Hit them hard where it hurts, in their pocket. Going without 3 months wages as a fine might make players think again.