+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Like your football documentaries?

Like your football documentaries?

You’ll love this. Pre World Cup the History channel have two weeks of non stop football programming.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...-160-countries

Re: Like your football documentaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You’ll love this. Pre World Cup the History channel have two weeks of non stop football programming.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...-160-countries
    The Damned United is available on BBC iPlayer after it was broadcast recently. I love watching that film every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The Damned United is available on BBC iPlayer after it was broadcast recently. I love watching that film every few years.
    Yeah agree, half way through watching it at the moment. Excellent film and performance. The book is a smart piece of work too.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah agree, half way through watching it at the moment. Excellent film and performance. The book is a smart piece of work too.
    The book is far darker, isn't it? And puts much more emphasis on his alcoholism if I remember rightly. It seemed more of a hatchet job than the film.

The book is far darker, isn't it? And puts much more emphasis on his alcoholism if I remember rightly. It seemed more of a hatchet job than the film.
    The book says it’s fiction based on reality, I really liked it though.

Provided you don’t kiss me is the best book on clough though. One of the best football books I’ve read.

Yeah, I think his family sued and the book was rewritten to make him less of an alcoholic. My copy is the original, luckily.

There's also a good literary device, where the flashbacks to his time at Derby are in the unusual second person.

I liked the book a lot, so I tried another by David Peace about the aftermath of Hiroshima. That was written so weirdly I couldn't continue (and is incredibly dark).

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah, I think his family sued and the book was rewritten to make him less of an alcoholic. My copy is the original, luckily.

There's also a good literary device, where the flashbacks to his time at Derby are in the unusual second person.

I liked the book a lot, so I tried another by David Peace about the aftermath of Hiroshima. That was written so weirdly I couldn't continue (and is incredibly dark).
    Im sure the families of Bremner and Giles complained as well, saying the book made them out to be villains when they didn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Im sure the families of Bremner and Giles complained as well, saying the book made them out to be villains when they didn't do anything.
    Yeah now you mention it, that does sound right.