+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madine deal worth more than 6 million quid?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Madine deal worth more than 6 million quid?

Give Madine a chance before completely writing him off. He played a part in our promotion and put his body on the line, taking a nasty injury early on. With a summer to properly train with the squad he might play a big part next season in playing the difficult lone striker role. I would put more emphasis on how well he trains in pre season because we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Give Madine a chance before completely writing him off. He played a part in our promotion and put his body on the line, taking a nasty injury early on. With a summer to properly train with the squad he might play a big part next season in playing the difficult lone striker role. I would put more emphasis on how well he trains in pre season because we haven't seen the best of him yet.
    He's had 5 months mate. He's had 6 good months in the Championship in his career, we were dumb enough to spend £5m on him. He's a good League One target man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's had 5 months mate. He's had 6 good months in the Championship in his career, we were dumb enough to spend £5m on him. He's a good League One target man.

I went to the Sheffield United game, changed our attacking dimension when he came on and got a priceless assist. I think that point gave us such a lift.

Played well at Ipswich , and did a number on their back four.

If he had scored that penalty against Wolves, we would not be having this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I went to the Sheffield United game, changed our attacking dimension when he came on and got a priceless assist. I think that point gave us such a lift.

If he had scored that penalty against Wolves, we would not be having this debate.
    Yes, we would. He's not good enough, that's clear for all to see. He's still not scored, and even with a pen he wouldn't have scored from open play. He's had a good half and a cameo vs Sheff Utd in the Champ. I don't seriously understand how people expect he'll improve when playing against players like Vertongen, or even Dunk and Mee.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post