+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Madine deal worth more than 6 million quid?

Re: Madine deal worth more than 6 million quid?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If Bolton are flush perhaps they will buy the donkey back
    He's got a promotion on his CV, so they can have him for £8m

Give Madine a chance before completely writing him off. He played a part in our promotion and put his body on the line, taking a nasty injury early on. With a summer to properly train with the squad he might play a big part next season in playing the difficult lone striker role. I would put more emphasis on how well he trains in pre season because we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Give Madine a chance before completely writing him off. He played a part in our promotion and put his body on the line, taking a nasty injury early on. With a summer to properly train with the squad he might play a big part next season in playing the difficult lone striker role. I would put more emphasis on how well he trains in pre season because we haven't seen the best of him yet.
    He's had 5 months mate. He's had 6 good months in the Championship in his career, we were dumb enough to spend £5m on him. He's a good League One target man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's had 5 months mate. He's had 6 good months in the Championship in his career, we were dumb enough to spend £5m on him. He's a good League One target man.

I went to the Sheffield United game, changed our attacking dimension when he came on and got a priceless assist. I think that point gave us such a lift.

Played well at Ipswich , and did a number on their back four.

If he had scored that penalty against Wolves, we would not be having this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I went to the Sheffield United game, changed our attacking dimension when he came on and got a priceless assist. I think that point gave us such a lift.

If he had scored that penalty against Wolves, we would not be having this debate.
    Yes, we would. He's not good enough, that's clear for all to see. He's still not scored, and even with a pen he wouldn't have scored from open play. He's had a good half and a cameo vs Sheff Utd in the Champ. I don't seriously understand how people expect he'll improve when playing against players like Vertongen, or even Dunk and Mee.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by guangzhoublue View Post
    Don't forget Tomlin and very possibly Madine will be out the door by the time the new season comes around.

Some will call it failed signings... however Mr J Warnock has made a killing off Mr Tomlin this season alone

Signs contract for Cardiff City = Signing on bonus + Consultancy Fees

Neil doesn't play him

Loaned to Forest 'for first team football' = Signing on bonus + Consultancy Fees

When he leaves this summer = Signing on bonus + Consultancy Fees + All sorts of other payments

Probably after 3 deals Mr Warnock's son has somewhere around half a million in his pocket i'd expect all at the expense of Vinny T.

Repeat the same with Madine on a even bigger scale?

I’ve heard it all now

Madine and Tomlin were all bought as a ploy to line the pockets of an agent. They haven’t had the desired effect since joining agreed but by Christ that’s a bigger conspiracy than the moon landing

He’s outscored all our strikers.

Yes, we would. He's not good enough, that's clear for all to see. He's still not scored, and even with a pen he wouldn't have scored from open play. He's had a good half and a cameo vs Sheff Utd in the Champ. I don't seriously understand how people expect he'll improve when playing against players like Vertongen, or even Dunk and Mee.
    Have you been watching Cardiff the last 6 months? If so you’ll notice we haven’t been playing any balls to feet or even getting decent crosses in.

That’s why both Madine and Zohore have looked terrible.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Please tell me where in the Bolton News article it states that we paid over £6m or anywhere near it. All it says is that Bolton have now received a 'seven figure sum in full from Cardiff'. That could be anything from £1m upwards. To continually have a go at Madine, when he has just helped us achieve promotion to the Premier League, is totally ridiculous. Whatever the club spent on him was well worth every penny, bearing in mind that our promotion has guaranteed us at least £100m tv income alone next season. Even if he never plays for us again he should be congratulated with the rest of the squad for achieving a miracle. I for one however hope that he plays regularly and scores at least 15 goals to stuff the words back down the throats of those people who wouldn't recognise a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit them on the nose.
    I like Madine. Even though he should have found the net on a few occasions, he produced some valuable assists in important games and his presence allowed others to have more space. I hope he thrives with us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I’ve heard it all now

Madine and Tomlin were all bought as a ploy to line the pockets of an agent. They haven’t had the desired effect since joining agreed but by Christ that’s a bigger conspiracy than the moon landing
    WHAT MOON LANDING WOULD THAT BE ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I like Madine. Even though he should have found the net on a few occasions, he produced some valuable assists in important games and his presence allowed others to have more space. I hope he thrives with us next season.
    He was asked to run the line. Chase down defenders. Win the headers.

He fluffed 2 chances, that’s all he’s done. Easier to score chances granted, but when we’re up against it next season, asking someone to fight for every ball, as were holding onto a 1-0 lead lumping it upfield I know he won’t be jumping out of challenges or giving half arsed headers

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Have you been watching Cardiff the last 6 months? If so you’ll notice we haven’t been playing any balls to feet or even getting decent crosses in.

That’s why both Madine and Zohore have looked terrible.
    Spot on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Please tell me where in the Bolton News article it states that we paid over £6m or anywhere near it. All it says is that Bolton have now received a 'seven figure sum in full from Cardiff'. That could be anything from £1m upwards. To continually have a go at Madine, when he has just helped us achieve promotion to the Premier League, is totally ridiculous. Whatever the club spent on him was well worth every penny, bearing in mind that our promotion has guaranteed us at least £100m tv income alone next season. Even if he never plays for us again he should be congratulated with the rest of the squad for achieving a miracle. I for one however hope that he plays regularly and scores at least 15 goals to stuff the words back down the throats of those people who wouldn't recognise a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit them on the nose.
    Maybe it was this bit:----------"It is understood a seven-figure fee has now been paid in full by the Bluebirds, taking the total value of the striker’s transfer above the £6million mark"

But I dunno. you tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If true, that is a monumental waste of money on a player who, from what many fans saw, is not even good enough for Championship football.

worth every penny his efforts paid for itself, especially in those games where he bullied the defenses and softened em up ,to let others take the opportunities.

leave him alone, Jesus we went up .

Villa and Grabban have yet to get there and that would have cost a lot more.

We had to get someone in, after we were used and gazumped

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If Bolton are flush perhaps they will buy the donkey back
    We live in hope.....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    worth every penny his efforts paid for itself, especially in those games where he bullied the defenses and softened em up ,to let others take the opportunities.
    🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ��
    Re run the away game at Norwich,changed out season that result ,he did a cracking job on them