+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madine deal worth more than 6 million quid?

Madine deal worth more than 6 million quid?

Re: Madine deal worth more than 6 million quid?

Crazy money for a very limited player.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Crazy money for a very limited player.
    I'm sure Warnocks son Ross is his agent, i've heard a lot of the players we have signed with warnock have been brokered through his son.

Warnock also dealt through his son at QPR & Crystal Palace.

I don't believe The Bolton News story ('It is understood....') any more than the various other media claims about the size of the fee made after Madine signed.

Warnock stated in a press conference in February that the fee was £5m including all add ons. I can believe that £1m+ was added when we got promoted, but the inference earlier in the year was that there were other triggers to take it up from an initial £2m (according to some posters on here who are usually reliable if not infallible). Those would surely have included 'goals scored' - and sadly for Madine and Bolton that didn't happen.

We certainly paid too much for Madine - but I would be very surprised if the claims of £6m+ turned out to be true.

Please tell me where in the Bolton News article it states that we paid over £6m or anywhere near it. All it says is that Bolton have now received a 'seven figure sum in full from Cardiff'. That could be anything from £1m upwards. To continually have a go at Madine, when he has just helped us achieve promotion to the Premier League, is totally ridiculous. Whatever the club spent on him was well worth every penny, bearing in mind that our promotion has guaranteed us at least £100m tv income alone next season. Even if he never plays for us again he should be congratulated with the rest of the squad for achieving a miracle. I for one however hope that he plays regularly and scores at least 15 goals to stuff the words back down the throats of those people who wouldn't recognise a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit them on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by guangzhoublue View Post
    I'm sure Warnocks son Ross is his agent, i've heard a lot of the players we have signed with warnock have been brokered through his son.

There is nothing like starting a stupid rumour, in the close season when things are quiet, for entertainment purposes is there. Who have you heard this stuff off ?. Are you having a go at one of the best managers we have ever had ?. You appear to be insinuating that some underhand dealing has been going on.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Please tell me where in the Bolton News article it states that we paid over £6m or anywhere near it. All it says is that Bolton have now received a 'seven figure sum in full from Cardiff'. That could be anything from £1m upwards. To continually have a go at Madine, when he has just helped us achieve promotion to the Premier League, is totally ridiculous. Whatever the club spent on him was well worth every penny, bearing in mind that our promotion has guaranteed us at least £100m tv income alone next season. Even if he never plays for us again he should be congratulated with the rest of the squad for achieving a miracle. I for one however hope that he plays regularly and scores at least 15 goals to stuff the words back down the throats of those people who wouldn't recognise a good centre forward if he jumped up and bit them on the nose.
    I thought his missed penalty was particularly cunning, the way it lulled both Fulham and Villa into false sense of security, which allowed us to sneak over the finishing line at the last moment

t is understood a seven-figure fee has now been paid in full by the Bluebirds, taking the total value of the striker’s transfer above the £6million mark.
    He won't start a premier league match next season, he'll be lucky to get off the bench. It was too much money how ever you look at it. He did get a flick on assist in one match but was ineffective otherwise.

A quick bit of googling suggests Warnock's son James is an agent, who was working for a company called unique sports management , the only player on their books (according to transfermarkt, not sure how reliable) that is relevant to us would be Lee Tomlin.
    Madine is apparently with stellar management, who don't appear to be working with anyone called warnock

There is nothing like starting a stupid rumour, in the close season when things are quiet, for entertainment purposes is there. Who have you heard this stuff off ?. Are you having a go at one of the best managers we have ever had ?. You appear to be insinuating that some underhand dealing has been going on.
    I know the football industry very well; along with the people in it... He says he never deals with Neil when he is interested in one of his clients but you know how things work.

What about HN sports too, have you looked into their dealings?

Sorry, James not Ross...

p.s Mark Harris, Rhys Healey, Lee Peltier, Joe Ralls, Lee Tomin, Anthony Pilkinton & Sean Morrison are all managed by Warnocks Son, James.

However, being managed by somebody and having someone broker your transfer deal are two different things and both happen in every transfer. James Warnock done a lot of business with Cardiff since Neil has been appointed which also means he will definitely of been taking consultancy fees and I bet they weren't cheap.

p.s Mark Harris, Rhys Healey, Lee Peltier, Joe Ralls, Lee Tomin, Anthony Pilkinton & Sean Morrison are all managed by Warnocks Son, James.

However, being managed by somebody and having someone broker your transfer deal are two different things and both happen in every transfer. James Warnock done a lot of business with Cardiff since Neil has been appointed which also means he will definitely of been taking consultancy fees and I bet they weren't cheap.
    Only one of those we've signed since Warnock came to the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Only one of those we've signed since Warnock came to the club?
    Contract renewals aren't free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Contract renewals aren't free.
    Who out of:

Mark Harris, Rhys Healey, Lee Peltier, Joe Ralls, Lee Tomin, Anthony Pilkinton & Sean Morrison

Has had a contract renewal recently ?

My point is that it's 10000% true that Warnocks son James takes consultancy fees from Cardiff City to broker their transfers. Regardless of what agent they're signed with. If they're signed with him then expect even bigger fees. Madine is our highest paid transfer in a while, a £6,000,000 deal will not just cost a few thousand to broker either.

I know we would all love to think that Neil loves our club but the truth is we are just another club to him with a bank balance. Ready for managers, agents + players to eat it all up between them. Until you work in football you honestly dont know the greed in the game.

Remember when Jason Puncheon went public when they were both at palace saying Warnock was taking payments from players to be in the starting line ups so they could get their appearence bonuses?.

Best believe Junior Hoiletts new contract which was negotiated by his father David will be brokered by a company related to Mr J Warnock

Best believe Junior Hoiletts new contract which was negotiated by his father David will be brokered by a company related to Mr J Warnock
    It could well be the case that we've paid this guy some money for some work. I don't think we pay over the market rate or I'm sure Mr Tan would be all over that like a rash. They produce lists on who paid what to agents each year, I can't remember us being an outlier.

Also given you were calling the fella Ross until a couple of posts ago I'm not sure how much credence to give your insights

Lets hope so RJK. CTID.

My point is that it's 10000% true that Warnocks son James takes consultancy fees from Cardiff City to broker their transfers. Regardless of what agent they're signed with. If they're signed with him then expect even bigger fees. Madine is our highest paid transfer in a while, a £6,000,000 deal will not just cost a few thousand to broker either.

I know we would all love to think that Neil loves our club but the truth is we are just another club to him with a bank balance. Ready for managers, agents + players to eat it all up between them. Until you work in football you honestly dont know the greed in the game.

Remember when Jason Puncheon went public when they were both at palace saying Warnock was taking payments from players to be in the starting line ups so they could get their appearence bonuses?.
    I completely agree with what you've said but I think Puncheon was charged over those comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who out of:

Mark Harris, Rhys Healey, Lee Peltier, Joe Ralls, Lee Tomin, Anthony Pilkinton & Sean Morrison

Has had a contract renewal recently ?
    Harris, Healey, Peltier, Morrison, with a deal for Tomlin.

I love Warnock and hes's done a fantastic job but the Madine & Tomlin deals stink

Some interesting names on the Unique Sports Management client list - wouldn't say no to the first four on there

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/uniq...a/berater/4142

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Some interesting names on the Unique Sports Management client list - wouldn't say no to the first four on there

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/uniq...a/berater/4142
    Certainly got talent on the books

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can't be true - super dad and dml told me it's only £2m.

I'll need to re read the quote from Warnock about never spending silly money.