+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nigel Farage to Zuckerberg: Brexit, Trump wouldn't have happened without Facebook

Nigel Farage to Zuckerberg: Brexit, Trump wouldn't have happened without Facebook

Former United Kingom Independence Party leader and European Parliament member Nigel Farage told Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg that the online platform gave rise to "Brexit" and President Trump.

"Historically, of course, it's true that through Facebook and other forms of social media, there’s no way that Brexit or Trump or the Italian election could have ever possibly have happened," Farage told Zuckerberg at a hearing before the European Parliament on Tuesday. "It was social media that allowed people to get around the back of mainstream media

"Perhaps you’re horrified of this creation of yours and what it’s led to," he continued

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...-have-happened

Re: Nigel Farage to Zuckerberg: Brexit, Trump wouldn't have happened without Facebook

The most striking thing for me since the introduction of social media is the weakness and foolishness of high profile people advancing thier private views in public ,some of which border on hate ,racism, sexist and very threatening .

Re: Nigel Farage to Zuckerberg: Brexit, Trump wouldn't have happened without Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The most striking thing for me since the introduction of social media is the weakness and foolishness of high profile people advancing thier private views in public ,some of which border on hate ,racism, sexist and very threatening .
    A lot of high profile people have a lot to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A lot of high profile people have a lot to lose.
    I also wonder if half of the comments are written when in half pissed states.