+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One last year of milking us for Cwmpas

One last year of milking us for Cwmpas

Our promotion is yet another bonus for them as we enter the final year of our deal with them. I have no idea of the cost involved to fit out the catering facilities within our stadium when it was constructed, but I think it is fair to say they will have made a pretty packet on all the profits on all food and beverages during the 10 year period of the deal that was struck by Peter Ridsdale.

I hope whoever is responsible for securing the next contract comes up with a better deal that's equally beneficial to our club as it is the supplier.

Re: One last year of milking us for Cwmpas

Why is everyone so convinced that the deal with compass was so bad? I have no idea personally but I doubt anyone else on here does either.
    What should we get for that kind of franchise?

They had us over a barrel from day one. The club couldn't sign off the stadium at it had no way to finance the catering facilities required. Cwmpas held all the cards when the deal was struck 9 years ago. I am lead to believe that Tan tried everything in his power a few years ago to buy the contract out from Cwmpas but it was that loaded in their favour that they wouldn't budge.

Poor service at the bar at half time and sh1t beer are the main problems for me.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they renewed the contract.

For the regular punter, even if Tan took over like he tried to, I can’t see either quality increasing, or prices decreasing.

Would surprise me I have to say. However, whoever wins the tender, at least next time around the club and the supplier will hopefully both profit and the fans will get better value for money than we have since the stadium opened.

Hi Martin - I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by tosh # 5 View Post
    Hi Martin - I'm back
    Blood hell, hello uncle Tosh! More comebacks (and same age!!) than Sinatra! How you doing you old duffer!!

Give it to Wetherspoons & The Caroline Street chippys

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they renewed the contract.

For the regular punter, even if Tan took over like he tried to, I can’t see either quality increasing, or prices decreasing.
    We might get Oriental snacks with Malaysian beer.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Our promotion is yet another bonus for them as we enter the final year of our deal with them. I have no idea of the cost involved to fit out the catering facilities within our stadium when it was constructed, but I think it is fair to say they will have made a pretty packet on all the profits on all food and beverages during the 10 year period of the deal that was struck by Peter Ridsdale.

I hope whoever is responsible for securing the next contract comes up with a better deal that's equally beneficial to our club as it is the supplier.

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/...y-stadium-deal

I’d say it’s a good deal for Cardiff City

They never milked me - I never bought anything from them since day one. Always amazes me that people grumble about being ripped off - it was never compulsory to buy owt from them! Somehow I seem to able to survive 2 hours or so at a football match without eating or drinking .

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/...y-stadium-deal

I’d say it’s a good deal for Cardiff City
    Would Cardiff make £5m a year profit from the outlets? I would suggest not.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would Cardiff make £5m a year profit from the outlets? I would suggest not.

It’s not £5m per year profit, it’s £4.8m turnover ....

Leave compass to run the show , Any suggestions re match day tell them , they are a really professional company and have a lot of dealings with them thru my business. There is far worse out there and on non match days they bring in good profits for both themselves and the club .

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    It’s not £5m per year profit, it’s £4.8m turnover ....
    Always read it properly... doh!

Not relevant but wasnt the boss of this company the guy who died in that Aussie plane crash?