+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2 best teams in this years Championship after Wolves....

Re: The 2 best teams in this years Championship after Wolves....

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And they played reading in the playoffs final with a gd of something like +4
    Bristol City, I think, had the lowest in the Millennium, with a GD of +1. Compare that to this year where the lowest is Derby on +21!

I,m very happy with the way city play considering they spent relative low money.
    i would be more concerned if I were man u in the premier having spent a large fortune and and still not replaced fergy and still only coming second.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    I,m very happy with the way city play considering they spent relative low money.
    i would be more concerned if I were man u in the premier having spent a large fortune and and still not replaced fergy and still only coming second.
    I dont think coming second is a disaster for man u. It's a big step forward on the previous year.
    In the longer term there are reasons to be concerned though, mourihnio seems to be falling out with more and more players and the way they play is just so tedious.
    We have a strong defence that focuses on defending, but our transition to attack is very fast, and we attack with pace. If you watch man u as soon as they win the ball they look to be safety first and not lose it, which just means they are almost always attacking an organised defence, which makes for a boring game.

However, their commercial income is so massive that they can afford to spend about £100m more than their rivals each season, so they'll get there sooner or.later

Fulham 3 Villa 0

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Hope Fulham win - I've got time for (some) of their fans.

Can't stand the villa - grealish & terry epitomise them.

had to laugh about terry saying he won't play against chelsea next year.

i hope he doesn't get the chance.
    This is absolutely ****ing ludicrous. Terry is a wanker of the highest order. It would almost be worth Villa going up if it meant they told him to **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Enjoy Menorca. A much under-rated destination. Not having to organise coaches to Wembley is a bonus it being the worst location for a stadium in the country. I don't think many supporters realise the stress involved in organising coaches so enjoy the rest. Es Grau for us in a few months time.
    Cheers. It was a Kate booking and we just took what we could get.

Hope you have a great time too 👍

I'm sure by value and man for man skills they are ,however they need to drop the word team from the association of best team in their discussions .

The verb for team is :
    ""come together as a team to achieve a common goal""

I guess Talksport are not likely to be aware of verbs.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I don't really mind it as an assessment. Fulham went on an incredible run and if it wasn't for the terrible start they would have won the entire league (in 17th place in November).

It is right to say Cardiff for the majority of the time were not a fantastic team, but the grit and determination they shown though out the season was fantastic, lets be honest Cardiff should not have been promoted this season, the budgets and the squads we were up against made the task near impossible, and the play-off would have been an achievement.
    Didn’t we have the 14th highest wage in the championship? Says it all

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    By the smallest of margins I would prefer Fulham to win - just because of the pleasure I would get seeing Terry and Grealish lose.

But either way one group of entitled fans is going to have a day of misery - so I will sit back with no stress and enjoy!

And Cardiff fully deserved 2nd place - we skinned the cat a different way, but did it really well. The arrogance and ignorance of the media and self-proclaimed 'football' experts will do no harm at all next season. We will be underdogs in our bunker again - and all set to come out fighting and defy the odds. That will do fine.
    Totally agree ^^^
    Fulham by the odd goal but city fully deserved of the second spot.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brentford for one were a better "footballing side" than Villa - Sheffield United for another, Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday when they got it right, I could go on.
    Wahing Brentford against Fulham I would say they was number 1 for footballing side

I am going to the game with my mate from Jersey Psycho.
    He comes to see City away games with us at least twice a season.
    Real football fan. Actually goes to games. 😉
    He and I want Fulham to win.
    They deserve it.

If Villa go up after the season they had it will be more than unjust.

Hope Slippy falls over at some critical point.

Thank feck we are up.

Well I am bias, but all tne radio shows talksport and sky, it’s all about villa, and I think we play our A game we win, but I think we will be out muscled, and lose 1-0 to a set piece, I tnem **** off on holiday for a month, I am so excited and nervous it’s untrue

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wahing Brentford against Fulham I would say they was number 1 for footballing side
    Like I stated in other posts, they play like Brazil against us, superb team on there day

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Like I stated in other posts, they play like Brazil against us, superb team on there day
    How you feeling tonight?

I did.
    Villa Liverpool double.

one of the reasons i love being a cardiff fan, everyone hates us.

How many fookin games did they need to prove it?

Nobody can argue when the league is done. 46 games is be all and end all of arguements. What a pathetic load of tosh Talksport spout.

I hope Villa do it tomorrow because this Fulham praise has gone way too far. Did I hear that Jokanovic was being tipped for the Chelsea job?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    How you feeling tonight?
    Very nervous and excited, I am fearing the worse, I have waited a long time for a day like this, we usually lose in the big games thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Nobody can argue when the league is done. 46 games is be all and end all of arguements. What a pathetic load of tosh Talksport spout.

I hope Villa do it tomorrow because this Fulham praise has gone way too far. Did I hear that Jokanovic was being tipped for the Chelsea job?
    The praise has come from outsiders not Fulham fans, vila fans to far up there own arses

The praise has come from outsiders not Fulham fans, vila fans to far up there own arses
    Football is simple, the team that scores more goals than the other team wins, in the championship that means 3 points for them none for the other team, if they score the same as the other team or neither team score they draw, in the championship 1 point. The teams in the top two positions at the end of 46 games go up. Or in simple terms best two footballing teams in the championship go up.

Good luck today as looking at the table you are the third best footballing team in the championship and deserve to go up !

I’m hoping the pitch is too big for villa and Fulham smash them 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m hoping the pitch is too big for villa and Fulham smash them 4-1
    Me too

Villa losing would probably be funnier so I'm backing Fulham.

Very nervous and excited, I am fearing the worse, I have waited a long time for a day like this, we usually lose in the big games thanks
    Get a gallon and half down your neck and you'll be fine.