+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2 best teams in this years Championship after Wolves....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The 2 best teams in this years Championship after Wolves....

I did.
    Villa Liverpool double.

Brentford for one were a better "footballing side" than Villa - Sheffield United for another, Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday when they got it right, I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brentford for one were a better "footballing side" than Villa - Sheffield United for another, Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday when they got it right, I could go on.
    Hull were an interesting one, both scored and conceded 70 goals, I can't remember many sides having seasons like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hull were an interesting one, both scored and conceded 70 goals, I can't remember many sides having seasons like that before.
    Didn't Hull get promoted with a minus goal difference a few years ago ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Didn't Hull get promoted with a minus goal difference a few years ago ?
    Huddersfield definitely did last season, with minus 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Huddersfield definitely did last season, with minus 2.
    And they played reading in the playoffs final with a gd of something like +4

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wahing Brentford against Fulham I would say they was number 1 for footballing side

I am going to the game with my mate from Jersey Psycho.
    He comes to see City away games with us at least twice a season.
    Real football fan. Actually goes to games. 😉
    He and I want Fulham to win.
    They deserve it.

If Villa go up after the season they had it will be more than unjust.

Hope Slippy falls over at some critical point.

Thank feck we are up.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wahing Brentford against Fulham I would say they was number 1 for footballing side
    Like I stated in other posts, they play like Brazil against us, superb team on there day

I,m very happy with the way city play considering they spent relative low money.
    i would be more concerned if I were man u in the premier having spent a large fortune and and still not replaced fergy and still only coming second.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    I,m very happy with the way city play considering they spent relative low money.
    i would be more concerned if I were man u in the premier having spent a large fortune and and still not replaced fergy and still only coming second.
    I dont think coming second is a disaster for man u. It's a big step forward on the previous year.
    In the longer term there are reasons to be concerned though, mourihnio seems to be falling out with more and more players and the way they play is just so tedious.
    We have a strong defence that focuses on defending, but our transition to attack is very fast, and we attack with pace. If you watch man u as soon as they win the ball they look to be safety first and not lose it, which just means they are almost always attacking an organised defence, which makes for a boring game.

However, their commercial income is so massive that they can afford to spend about £100m more than their rivals each season, so they'll get there sooner or.later

Fulham 3 Villa 0

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Enjoy Menorca. A much under-rated destination. Not having to organise coaches to Wembley is a bonus it being the worst location for a stadium in the country. I don't think many supporters realise the stress involved in organising coaches so enjoy the rest. Es Grau for us in a few months time.
    Cheers. It was a Kate booking and we just took what we could get.

Hope you have a great time too 👍

I'm sure by value and man for man skills they are ,however they need to drop the word team from the association of best team in their discussions .

The verb for team is :
    ""come together as a team to achieve a common goal""

I guess Talksport are not likely to be aware of verbs.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I don't really mind it as an assessment. Fulham went on an incredible run and if it wasn't for the terrible start they would have won the entire league (in 17th place in November).

It is right to say Cardiff for the majority of the time were not a fantastic team, but the grit and determination they shown though out the season was fantastic, lets be honest Cardiff should not have been promoted this season, the budgets and the squads we were up against made the task near impossible, and the play-off would have been an achievement.
    Didn’t we have the 14th highest wage in the championship? Says it all

Well I am bias, but all tne radio shows talksport and sky, it’s all about villa, and I think we play our A game we win, but I think we will be out muscled, and lose 1-0 to a set piece, I tnem **** off on holiday for a month, I am so excited and nervous it’s untrue

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Like I stated in other posts, they play like Brazil against us, superb team on there day
    How you feeling tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    How you feeling tonight?
    Very nervous and excited, I am fearing the worse, I have waited a long time for a day like this, we usually lose in the big games thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Very nervous and excited, I am fearing the worse, I have waited a long time for a day like this, we usually lose in the big games thanks
    Get a gallon and half down your neck and you'll be fine.

I’m hoping the pitch is too big for villa and Fulham smash them 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m hoping the pitch is too big for villa and Fulham smash them 4-1
    Me too

Villa losing would probably be funnier so I'm backing Fulham.

Would rather Fulham win ,finished 3rd so deserve to go up as 3rd best team in the championship, can't stand that cheat grealish

Article in the Telegraph today saying Villa will have all sorts of financial problems if they don’t go up

I’d have Jedinak here ( cheap and good character) and Johnstone (Man U loaner)
    Grealish will go to a bigger club

Kodije maybe ? Who else could they get big fees for ?

Snodgrass is on loan ( live to get him here too), Abdomah not good enough for the Prem, the rest mainly on loan or too old, Chester is good, but is anyone going to pay big money for him ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...remier-league/

Not easy for Fulham if they lose too.
    Cairney sure to go, Fredericksburg out of contract,6 others on loan, parachute payments finished.

I think a lot of clubs were on their last big spend this year, including us to a certain extent.

It’ll be an easier league next season for any of the relegated teams who keep their heads. Surely Boro will be favourites ( although I said that this year), wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Preston, Blackburn or Wigan come up.