+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GDPR & cookies

GDPR & cookies

GDPR is already cutting down masses of junk mail but this morning every site is asking for cookie approval, is this related to GDPR or something different?

Re: GDPR & cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    GDPR is already cutting down masses of junk mail but this morning every site is asking for cookie approval, is this related to GDPR or something different?
    It's related.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It's related.
    With GDPR you have to opt in, so we've been advised to ignore everything, not even decline.

Is there any shortcut on cookies or do you have to go in & turn the options off?

My wife buys me gluten free cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    With GDPR you have to opt in, so we've been advised to ignore everything, not even decline.

Is there any shortcut on cookies or do you have to go in & turn the options off?
    Some companies are still using PECR regs rather than GDPR if they have a "legitimate interest" this means you are "opted in" for marketing but have to be given the opportunity to opt out - if you don't opt out - your still in.

You need to read the question carefully to see what happens if you ignore the email.

rule of thumb is if they aren't selling stuff it's safe to ignore the email...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My wife buys me gluten free cookies
    you have to accept a cookie policy when you visit a website - if you don't you wont get any further on that site.

Depends on why you are visiting.