Thread: Tommy Robinson 'arrested while filming outside grooming trial' in Leeds

Re: Tommy Robinson 'arrested while filming outside grooming trial' in Leeds

Looks like his initial arrest was flaud, his team and supporters
    were right ?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    were right ?
    Afraid not. The initial arrest in Canterbury was upheld as correct. He has been released on bail pending a retrial in London on the charge of contempt at Leeds Crown Court where the Appeal Court found that the sentencing judge did not follow due process. Not that that Judge's conclusions were incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    were right ?
    Not at all. He is facing a retrial, and still stands accused of contempt of court. At this stage, he is neither guilty nor innocent - that will be determined in a Court of Law and not in the streets or on Social Media.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I haven't seen the Order of Court but it is usually there to safeguard the interests of the victims rather than the accused. The news report identifies the accused and when the trial is expected to start.

The great freedom fighter wanders into the court area filming indiscriminately after the order was served risking identifying victims, jurors, witnesses and those involved in other unrelated cases where there may be restrictions. Robinson's stupid and self-serving actions risked the victims not getting the justice they deserve but I guess his objective was to stay in the spotlight and if others suffered as a consequence so be it.

If you want to understand the rules that operate and the contempt of court consequences they are here.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-cont...may-2016-2.pdf
    It's probably the first thing you should have done before going on another extended diatribe. You have form for this, so I think I'm going to be refering to you as One-eyed Cyril from now on

PS I ain't no Tommy fan, but surely you could see even a tiny whiff of political chicanery? The judge laughing through the window was a dead giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's probably the first thing you should have done before going on another extended diatribe. You have form for this, so I think I'm going to be refering to you as One-eyed Cyril from now on

PS I ain't no Tommy fan, but surely you could see even a tiny whiff of political chicanery? The judge laughing through the window was a dead giveaway.
    If you are no fan of Tommy then perhaps you should avoid posting Malky emojis when you first reported his release on bail (before discretion got the better of you)!

ps The Order of the Court I referred to was the one made at the start of the trial in Leeds that sets the rules on reporting around court cases not the ruling made by the judge that found Robinson in contempt, which was the subject of the judgment today. I know facts are a struggle for you so don't worry about it.

If you are no fan of Tommy then perhaps you should avoid posting Malky emojis when you first reported his release on bail (before discretion got the better of you)!
    That was the OP's emoji, should I be calling you Half-an-eye Cyril?

That was the OP's emoji, should I be calling you Half-an-eye Cyril?
    Call me what you like given you deleted the post and replaced it with a link to the BBC site. Anyway what about this Order of Court issue you want to discuss?

Call me what you like given you deleted the post and replaced it with a link to the BBC site. Anyway what about this Order of Court issue you want to discuss?
    I didn't delete it, I replaced it with the BBC report which had more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Not him again, how do we know he's not a secret propagandist? He spends all day on the internet, instead of being in court! I know what barristers earn, and I know how much blogging pays, so he would be an idiot to spend his time on the latter instead of the former

Heisenberg

Never knew that his real name was Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. Hasn't quite got the same working class, man of the people ring to it as Tommy Robinson, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Never knew that his real name was Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. Hasn't quite got the same working class, man of the people ring to it as Tommy Robinson, does it?
    Lennon will never be a working class hero!

Not him again, how do we know he's not a secret propagandist? He spends all day on the internet, instead of being in court! I know what barristers earn, and I know how much blogging pays, so he would be an idiot to spend his time on the latter instead of the former

He’s right though. Robinson has still been convicted of one officer of contempt of court and is facing retrial for the other.

Any links from Breitbart saying otherwise out of curiosity?

So understanding the law is the same as spreading propaganda now.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Amazing how the cult of the alt right refuse to actually see what law is.

You're the expert on this, so I bow to your superior knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    It'll be alt-right on the night.

You're the expert on this, so I bow to your superior knowledge
    Ok, so why the comment that appears to suggest you don’t believe what is as far as I’ve read and I’ve past experiemce of court procedures a very good synopsis of what has occurred.

Ok, so why the comment that appears to suggest you don’t believe what is as far as I’ve read and I’ve past experiemce of court procedures a very good synopsis of what has occurred.
    Which comment suggests I don't believe it?

It's all part of the plan. Don't trust the media, don't trust the law, only one man can save you. Why anyone would want to be part of the cult is beyond me.

It's all part of the plan. Don't trust the media, don't trust the law, only one man can save you. Why anyone would want to be part of the cult is beyond me.
    Says the man who pushed the Trump Russia Collusion drama way more than CNN ever did!