+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre season schedule confirmed

Pre season schedule confirmed

Re: Pre season schedule confirmed

the week before we fly to the US, not sure i can convince the mrs we could take another week off work, bit rude not working for 5 weeks

Looks like somewhere near Saltash is a pretty central place to stay. Get the kettle on Neil!

Sounds great to me, little jaunt to Bodmin then onto Torquay on a Friday night and weekend in Torquay on the english riviera.

I must make an effort to see one or two of those games. By the end of September I will have visited every country in Europe but I have only been to Cornwall very briefly despite living near the Somerset/Devon border.

Friday in Torquay, Saturday in Plymouth for us.

Great weekend last time

Bear in mind that the Truro game is on the same day as the World Cup final. Earlier in the day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Bear in mind that the Truro game is on the same day as the World Cup final. Earlier in the day though.
    All round to OUR NEIL'S it is then

I went with my son last year.Stayed 3 nights and took in the Bodmin game on the Wednesday,the training session on the Thursday and then the Plymouth game.We stayed just outside Looe,which was pretty central.What I will say is that there was a really positive feel about the team,and they were all happy to chat and have photos etc,in the main this was driven by Neil Warnock.Its worth a trip,the weather wasn’t great last year, but if it is fine this year it will be great.I come back from holiday on the 14th,so will probably only do the Torquay game and stay one night.

Torquay in the early 90's was a classic city away game ( of that time )

fun and frolics at the seaside

the train trip home and the stop at Exeter was lively aswell

I did the Tavistock & Bodmin matches last year & enjoyed the craic. Just booked Tavistock, St Austell & Bodmin to take 3 matches in this time, returning on Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Torquay in the early 90's was a classic city away game ( of that time )

fun and frolics at the seaside

the train trip home and the stop at Exeter was lively aswell
    The first game I remember going to was Torquay home on a Boxing Day. I think they forgot their kit so wore our yellow CMB away kit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    The first game I remember going to was Torquay home on a Boxing Day. I think they forgot their kit so wore our yellow CMB away kit.
    I remember that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I remember that game.
    Deon Burton scored twice in our 2-0 win I believe

Torquay booked for me and prodiical son. Bit of fishing in Brixham then home. Lovely.

From what I’m reading on various social media there could be a very big following down there for the Torquay game, glad my mate’s wife is organised and has already booked our B & B.

What a boost for the players if they walk out and there’s a couple of thousand of us there

Alternatively it may be the same people using different names in different places 😉

£70 earlybird booking with railcard to much of a bargain to resist for me!! Travelodge Hotel in centre of Torquay a mile from station and mile from the ground. Weekend in Torquay sorted with no driving involved! Bluebirds!!

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    £70 earlybird booking with railcard to much of a bargain to resist for me!! Travelodge Hotel in centre of Torquay a mile from station and mile from the ground. Weekend in Torquay sorted with no driving involved! Bluebirds!!
    Don’t forget your poppy if drinking in the Clocktower.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I must make an effort to see one or two of those games. By the end of September I will have visited every country in Europe but I have only been to Cornwall very briefly despite living near the Somerset/Devon border.
    Is no thread immune from the tales of your travel exploits

BTW I've shagged a lass from every county in Britain except for Cornwall, so I think I will be going on tour too