+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Come on Fulham

Come on Fulham

Think if Fulham play the way they did in second leg against Derby then they'll be too good for Villa this afternoon.

Re: Come on Fulham

Can't stand Villa or their obnoxious fans.
    Come on Fulham.

Fulham fans still whine about the fact we beat them fair and square over two legs in the play offs last year and finished above them in the table that season. Most overly entitled set of fans in the Championship.

Come on James Chester. Come on the Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Fulham fans still whine about the fact we beat them fair and square over two legs in the play offs last year and finished above them in the table that season. Most overly entitled set of fans in the Championship.

Come on James Chester. Come on the Villa.
    I'm not sure about the entitled set of fans statement, Villa fans believe they have a god given right to be in the PL, they can't believe little ole Cardiff finished above them. How dare we.

Looking at Wembley yesterday im pretty sure the clappers are on the Fulham seats. Annoying tw@ts.

Fulham finished well ahead of Villa and were the best team in the second half of the season, so should win.

My main reason for wanting them is Villa will always be a monster of a club in the championship and despite dwindling parachute payments will have the clout to get promotion. I believe Fulham on the other hand will need to disband this team and regroup if they don't go up today

So a championship of Villa, Boro with a full preseason with Pulis, Derby have a great squad and money (they buy high and sell even higher), Stoke with a good championship manager, West Brom with a team made for the championship,Sheff Wednesday & united and of course not so mighty Leeds our country cousins are due for one hell of a shock

It comes down to who I want to lose more and that is Aston Villa.

Must be in the minority but don't mind Villa at all. Nice ground, a decent atmosphere.

Personally thought fulham were banging on like they were the second coming of Barcelona so will be happy for them to stay down, get their team ripped apart when Fredericks, Sessengon, Mitrovic and Cairney move on and be in the champ for a few years.

Also fancy the chances of villa struggling in the PL being a lot higher too. Fans won't take long to turn on Bruce and it could be a bit of a circus if he goes around November time.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Must be in the minority but don't mind Villa at all. Nice ground, a decent atmosphere.

Personally thought fulham were banging on like they were the second coming of Barcelona so will be happy for them to stay down, get their team ripped apart when Fredericks, Sessengon, Mitrovic and Cairney move on and be in the champ for a few years.

Also fancy the chances of villa struggling in the PL being a lot higher too. Fans won't take long to turn on Bruce and it could be a bit of a circus if he goes around November time.
    This

I never liked Villa. My feelings towards them worsened due to Terry and Grealish.
    In a perfect world, Grealish will get clobbered, and Terry will miss the last penalty in a shoot out.

Come on Fulham!

+1 Especially the Fulham bit.

I've worked in the Midlands for the last 20 years, amongst Villa, Blues, Baggies, Wolves & Cov fans. Previously I lived & worked in Stoke.

I work daily with up to 100 Villa fans and can assure that none of them or obnoxious or believe they have a god given right to be in the Premiership. The majority expect to lose today and have little confidence. When we were both looking for managers 18 months ago, they wanted Warnock and said immediately that they'd made the wrong choice. They fear not getting out of the division this season due to FFP, their parachute payments running out and the quality of the division next season.

Me, I want Fulham to win, as it would be great to have a season (or more) in the division above them for a change and to be able to take the p!ss when they lose to Shrewsbury next season.

Anyone who wants Terrance to succeed is a bit of a **** tbh

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That Terrance guy can get ****ed

Honestly don't care. Just grateful we are not involved today.

Villa for me - think they'll be back down.

Makes perfect sense. Can see Fulham being a decent side in the Prem, can see Villa being a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've worked in the Midlands for the last 20 years, amongst Villa, Blues, Baggies, Wolves & Cov fans. Previously I lived & worked in Stoke.

I work daily with up to 100 Villa fans and can assure that none of them or obnoxious or believe they have a god given right to be in the Premiership. The majority expect to lose today and have little confidence. When we were both looking for managers 18 months ago, they wanted Warnock and said immediately that they'd made the wrong choice. They fear not getting out of the division this season due to FFP, their parachute payments running out and the quality of the division next season.

Me, I want Fulham to win, as it would be great to have a season (or more) in the division above them for a change and to be able to take the p!ss when they lose to Shrewsbury next season.
    I think a lot of people’s views of clubs get tainted by the srseholes on Twitter and Facebook.

I know decent people who support both clubs

Villa and Derby are both having to make massive budget cuts. Wednesday will have problems with FFP too and have an aging squad.

United face losing Wilder, and Leeds are just Leeds.

WBA should be strong now they e sorted their manager and Boro too.

Apart from them it’s wide open. I’d say the Jacks will have a decent chance if they do the right things this summer - but early to tell for them.

I think it’ll be tough at the bottom as there aren’t many weak sides left now. Surely Brum and Reading will sort their issues and Wigan and Blackburn will be strong

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    So basically, anyone who disagrees with you is 'a bit of a **** tbh'. Rather harsh opinion of other people who post on here, isnt it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So basically, anyone who disagrees with you is 'a bit of a **** tbh'. Rather harsh opinion of other people who post on here, isnt it ?.
    Actually it’s not. Show me someone who thinks John Terry is a fine upstanding member of society and i’ll show you a bad judge of character.

Not that I’m judging you as I don’t know your position on him, although you sound like you might approve of him

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Actually it’s not. Show me someone who thinks John Terry is a fine upstanding member of society and i’ll show you a bad judge of character.

Not that I’m judging you as I don’t know your position on him, although you sound like you might approve of him
    I doubt anyone here knows him personally. I'm sure like most people he has done good and bad.

I'm sure villa fans want him to succeed today, they can't all be *****. If he had played for us and done what Morrison has this year most people would be singing his praises.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Villa and Derby are both having to make massive budget cuts. Wednesday will have problems with FFP too and have an aging squad.

United face losing Wilder, and Leeds are just Leeds.

WBA should be strong now they e sorted their manager and Boro too.

Apart from them it’s wide open. I’d say the Jacks will have a decent chance if they do the right things this summer - but early to tell for them.

I think it’ll be tough at the bottom as there aren’t many weak sides left now. Surely Brum and Reading will sort their issues and Wigan and Blackburn will be strong

Chris Wilder and his assistant Alan Knill both signed contract extensions 4 days ago - and killed off the speculation that he might jump ship to Sunderland (that was before Jack Ross was appointed).

There are still some problems behind the scenes at Sheffield United, but I expect them to be serious top 6 contenders next time around.

I am sorry to disappoint some of you but John Terry WILL be lifting the trophy today.

I just don't know what colour the ribbons on it will be yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Chris Wilder and his assistant Alan Knill both signed contract extensions 4 days ago - and killed off the speculation that he might jump ship to Sunderland (that was before Jack Ross was appointed).

There are still some problems behind the scenes at Sheffield United, but I expect them to be serious top 6 contenders next time around.
    Alan Knill, that’s not a name that brings back good memories.

If Wilder is staying and is backed then yes, you’d expect them to do well.

Although they did fall away quite badly in the 2nd half of the season