+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadline passed on Hoilett and Gunnars?

Deadline passed on Hoilett and Gunnars?

Did I read somewhere that NW had given Junior and Aron until yesterday to sign their contracts? Has there been any news on them yet?

If both leave then we'll have a very different feel to us as a team next year I think...

Re: Deadline passed on Hoilett and Gunnars?

At this point i'm expecting both to move on. They would have been offered improved terms and the chance to play in the premier league, I was hoping both contracts would have been sorted fairly soon.

Usually if someone wants to sign a new deal it's done fairly quickly, often behind the scenes with very little media speculation. They are both entitled to see find the best deal for them and I'm quite sure they have a preference for other options at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    At this point i'm expecting both to move on. They would have been offered improved terms and the chance to play in the premier league, I was hoping both contracts would have been sorted fairly soon.

Usually if someone wants to sign a new deal it's done fairly quickly, often behind the scenes with very little media speculation. They are both entitled to see find the best deal for them and I'm quite sure they have a preference for other options at this moment.

I tend to agree

I think the so called deadline was just paper talk.
    We have to accept these two will have other options and may not want to make final decisions until their contracts expire at the end of June.

Just going on the interviews with both from the final game through to the open top bus tour and awards night - I still expect Junior to stay but less sure about Gunnar.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I think the so called deadline was just paper talk.
    We have to accept these two will have other options and may not want to make final decisions until their contracts expire at the end of June.
    Except I don’t think NW will accept it as he tends to want to do his business early. So I think we’re now in the situation where both parties are looking elsewhere but might still end up with each other.

I'd be okay with Junior staying and Gunnars opting to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just going on the interviews with both from the final game through to the open top bus tour and awards night - I still expect Junior to stay but less sure about Gunnar.
    Honestly don’t think that will be a bad thing.
    I think Hoillet has the talent to do well at the top level, but Gunnar I’m not convinced about.

His focus will all be onIcrksnf this summer, so ge’llbevehind When he returns, I also reckon he’ll wait and see what’s on offer to him.

I can’t see him getting any better and he struggled on his return from injury last season.

We aren’t really in a position to give him the contact he’ll be looking for- I’d rather use the money to get better in

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think Hoillet has the talent to do well at the top level, but Gunnar I’m not convinced about.

His focus will all be onIcrksnf this summer, so ge'llbevehind When he returns, I also reckon he’ll wait and see what’s on offer to him.

I can’t see him getting any better and he struggled on his return from injury last season.

We aren’t really in a position to give him the contact he’ll be looking for- I’d rather use the money to get better in
    Bit to much sangria, I think Tim

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Bit to much sangria, I think Tim
    I wish Tony.
    Unfortunately I type like an alian even when I’m sober.

Don’t understand why autocorrect picks on words I want to say and corrects them to bollox ( which it tried to correct to ‘Hillon’ ) yet misses it when I type in Klingon ?

I wish Tony.
    Unfortunately I type like an alian even when I’m sober.

Don’t understand why autocorrect picks on words I want to say and corrects them to bollox ( which it tried to correct to ‘Hillon’ ) yet misses it when I type in Klingon ?
    You know you could have bigged yourself up by claiming you were typing in Icelandic? Nobody would have known...

International

Or perhaps they are both still on their holiday??????

Hoilett is, don't know about Gunners!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

His focus will all be onIcrksnf this summer, so ge’llbevehind When he returns, I also reckon he’ll wait and see what’s on offer to him.

His focus will all be onIcrksnf this summer, so ge’llbevehind “

Issit Icelandic?

I think Gunnars is looking for a new experience. He’s played in the premier league with Cardiff, and if he’s being offered the same money (or more) to play in Spain or Germany or Italy, then I’d expect him to go. And good luck to him

Perhaps Holilett is looking to Wassa in DC whilst his stock is high .

I don't think Gunnerson is a premiership midfielder, in fact I don't think we have a premiership midfielder full stop. Ralls has potential though .

I think Warnock is living in the past if he thinks he can bully and manipulate players into signing new contracts by issuing ultimatums, and using the media.

Agents and players hold all the cards these days.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think Warnock is living in the past if he thinks he can bully and manipulate players into signing new contracts by issuing ultimatums, and using the media.

Gunnarsson is going into a WC injured. With no contract.
    Perhaps Junior is hoping to be signed up by Man City.

Yeah, they're holding all the cards alright.

Both are replaceable, easily.

Warnock a bully? He's a well established manager. Perhaps he should bend over backwards for average (at best) PL standard players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    I think Gunnars is looking for a new experience. He’s played in the premier league with Cardiff, and if he’s being offered the same money (or more) to play in Spain or Germany or Italy, then I’d expect him to go. And good luck to him
    New experience? Is this a metaphor for a large signing on fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Gunnarsson is going into a WC injured. With no contract.
    Perhaps Junior is hoping to be signed up by Man City.

Yeah, they're holding all the cards alright.

Both are replaceable, easily.

Warnock a bully? He's a well established manager. Perhaps he should bend over backwards for average (at best) PL standard players.
    Not in the premier league he isn’t.

JH was arguably our best player last season. Certainly our best offensive player. He is not “easily replaceable” at all.

JH isnt proven in the PL.

I'd go along with NW all day long instead of a modern day player and agent

I've no doubt he'll sign anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    JH isnt proven in the PL.

I'd go along with NW all day long instead of a modern day player and agent

I've no doubt he'll sign anyway
    What do you know about football? Let’s be fair. Stick to doing rugby and hurling ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Are we really to believe that if Hoilett says in a fortnight's time that he will sign a contract for us, we'll tell him no, we gave you a deadline and you didn't stick to it?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I actually asked Junior if he was likely to be staying with us for next season and he said "yes sure." But I guess that could have also meant Yes if the offer is right. Like you Jon, I am confident Junior will stay and also not sure about Gunnars.
    Spedger