+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LIVERPOOL 1 - 3 REAL MADRID Match thread

Re: LIVERPOOL v REAL MADRID Match thread

Imagine travelling over 1,000 miles to see your goalkeeper do that

Gareth's goal mind....

Surely those videos weren't right... There were fans cheering when Madrid scored, and according to BT everyone there was supporting Liverpool!

I don't like Liverpool because of the years of snide comments I've had from armchair supporters around Cardiff, but I still feel cheated by Ramos after the way he cynically took Salah out of the game. I was curious as to whether Salah was capable of bringing his A game to a match like this, and now I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I don't like Liverpool because of the years of snide comments I've had from armchair supporters around Cardiff, but I still feel cheated by Ramos after the way he cynically took Salah out of the game. I was curious as to whether Salah was capable of bringing his A game to a match like this, and now I'll never know.
    You would have loved the "Scousers" in the Clive singing "Walk On" full pelt- like they were in the Kop, it was weird everybody with a Cardiff accent wearing Liverpool shirts and crying real tears as a Cardiff boy tore them a new ring piece, and NOT ONE of them said anything positive about how great he is or anything- just that "he's a w*nker " and "plays for a bunch of cheats" etc.
    I feel great amounts of "schadenfreude" (as the Germans say), because IMHO;apart from Chelsea fans, it couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of phoney arseholes on this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Bop Deluxe View Post
    You would have loved the "Scousers" in the Clive singing "Walk On" full pelt- like they were in the Kop, it was weird everybody with a Cardiff accent wearing Liverpool shirts and crying real tears as a Cardiff boy tore them a new ring piece, and NOT ONE of them said anything positive about how great he is or anything- just that "he's a w*nker " and "plays for a bunch of cheats" etc.
    I feel great amounts of "schadenfreude" (as the Germans say), because IMHO;apart from Chelsea fans, it couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of phoney arseholes on this earth.
    I didn't say I was unhappy to see Liverpool lose - quite the opposite, despite having friends who support them. I was just disappointed at not seeing whether Salah might have been able to become a legend tonight. The game meant nothing to me really other than curiosity and looking to see whether Bale might show signs of returning to form. I think it's fair to say he did...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Deluded.

Leaving something on an opponent is completely different to cynically taking somebody out.

Not a Liverpool fan but a football fan.
    Nobody likes to see a top player cynically taken out but Ramos is completely exonerated of any blame.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Deluded.

Leaving something on an opponent is completely different to cynically taking somebody out.

Not a Liverpool fan but a football fan.
    Nobody likes to see a top player cynically taken out but Ramos is completely exonerated of any blame.
    We'll have to agree to disagree then. He'd already taken Salah out of the move - he could have released his arm but chose not to. You can interpret that however you wish.