+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sergio Ramos

Sergio Ramos

You almost have to admire his dedication to being a complete shithouse. Almost.

On another note, Gareth starts getting back into form after we win promotion, scores in the CL final and drops a huge hint about leaving? Coincidence? I think not...

Re: Sergio Ramos

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You almost have to admire his dedication to being a complete shithouse. Almost.

On another note, Gareth starts getting back into form after we win promotion, scores in the CL final and drops a huge hint about leaving? Coincidence? I think not...
    He's been watching WWF Superstars hasn't he? Fantastic player though, and a great captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's been watching WWF Superstars hasn't he? Fantastic player though, and a great captain.
    I think going out to deliberately injure someone makes him a **** personally but you're entitled to your opinion. I think he's got away with outrageous stuff over the years simply because he plays for Real Madrid - it's easy to look good when you're treated differently to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think going out to deliberately injure someone makes him a **** personally but you're entitled to your opinion. I think he's got away with outrageous stuff over the years simply because he plays for Real Madrid - it's easy to look good when you're treated differently to everyone else.
    Who do you think he purposely injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Impossible he could have planned that outcome!

Messi nearly snapped Ramos ankle a few weeks back, was he aiming to do that?

Ramos is a great defender. As a professional and man, I think he's a gobshite of the highest order.
    Bale and Rinaldo are obviously world class players. They aren't team players. I despise the pair of them. Its all about them.
    These type of people make me hate the game. Other than the city of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Ramos is a great defender. As a professional and man, I think he's a gobshite of the highest order.
    Bale and Rinaldo are obviously world class players. They aren't team players. I despise the pair of them. Its all about them.
    The attacking players have got way more tricks than the defenders, Ramos is just more streetwise than most.

I’m not suggesting you haven’t but anyone who has played the game for long enough knows that he knew exactly what he was doing by holding onto Salah’s arm like that. Ruined the game as a spectacle and only Bale’s goal made up for it

The attacking players have got way more tricks than the defenders, Ramos is just more streetwise than most.
    Streetwise = a cheating bastard who sickens me. Then again 80% of top players are. I much more enjoyed the play off final.
    Grealish and Terry .... :)

Ramos is in the Roy Keane mould. Horrible individual

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Ramos is in the Roy Keane mould. Horrible individual
    You never saw Keane roll around on the floor. If he was on the floor there was a reason. I'd have paid to see Keane punch him.

I’m not suggesting you haven’t but anyone who has played the game for long enough knows that he knew exactly what he was doing by holding onto Salah’s arm like that. Ruined the game as a spectacle and only Bale’s goal made up for it
    Ramos was going to ground, so he took Salah with him to prevent him continuing towards goal unnoposed. I don't think he set out to dislocate his shoulder. I once had a Scottish coach who had played under Jock Stein. My instruction was to hit my opposing player as hard and as early as possible, to let him know he was in a game. Of course this was during the days when tackles came flying in and men were men. We all shook hands after the game.

Ramos was going to ground, so he took Salah with him to prevent him continuing towards goal unnoposed. I don't think he set out to dislocate his shoulder. I once had a Scottish coach who playec played under Jock Stein. My instruction was to hit my opposing player as hard and as early as possible, to let him know he was in a game. Of course this was during the days when tackles came flying in and men were men.
    I don’t think he set out to dislocate his shoulder either, but when you’re pulling somebody’s arm as you fall to bring them down with you, you know it is a possibility

You never saw Keane roll around on the floor. If he was on the floor there was a reason. I'd have paid to see Keane punch him.
    The reference was to the fact they’d both deliberately injure another player given the opportunity - scum the pair of them

Keane was the ultimate ‘it’s all about me’ individual

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Who do you think he purposely injured?
    Salah

The reference was to the fact they’d both deliberately injure another player given the opportunity - scum the pair of them

Keane was the ultimate ‘it’s all about me’ individual
    Phil Dwyer, Don Murray never? Get a grip and get over ya tippy tappy football.
    Faking injury ruins the game.

Salah got out-muscled, simple as.
    If anything, Salah instigated the "coming together"

I disagree - as a professional sportsman you'll know when you're likely to injure an opponent or not. Salah was on his way down but he held onto his arm long enough to make sure he put a huge amount of pressure through it. That's being a thug, not playing football.

I didn't see Messi's tackle but if he meant to injure Ramos then I just think it a shame he didn't manage it as I'd have loved to have seen him injured. I despise players like Ramos - you clearly don't. That's fine - it's all about opinions.

If a City player dislocates, Salah's shoulder again in exactly the same manner next season, will those who are claiming last night's injury was deliberate be saying the same thing I wonder?

Salah’s got a weak shoulder because he's been carrying 10 men all season

Great player, captained a team of superstars to so much success, he can't be anything other than class.

Not convinced he's purposely injured salah, impossible to plan for such a perfect outcome.

If he had played for us though the media would be calling for his arrest.

Ramos definitely done Salah in my opinion. His roll and then putting his body weight into it definitely looked to me like he done him.

Shame someone like Souness wasn't playing for retribution.

Chuffed for Gareth Bale though. The guy has now effectively won two champions leagues for Real Madrid and I hope where ever he plays next season he can be the focal point of the team.

Ramos and Pepe have tried to maime Messi for years but Messi is too sharp for them thank ****.

Bale not a team player? What exactly is a team player in your eyes