+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronaldo

Re: Ronaldo

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So it looks like a big rebuilding job for Real Madrid is fast approaching, maybe the manager should leave too? His stock will never be any higher.
    As I was saying ...

As I was saying ...

It was hardly a secret

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I don't think Ronaldo has a say on whether Bale plays or not. Could you see Zidane tolerating that?

Apparently Bale isn't the nicest of guys off the pitch. I've heard he can be a bit of a p#### . Cue 'he's one of us' replies.

*Note to Gareth. Get your hair cut. You look like an art student that got hit by a bus
    Who did you hear this from?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It was hardly a secret
    There was no mention of it after the game in any of the press reports, not even a hint of speculation. The only thing we heard was Bale's post-match comments, and then a story about Ronaldo. Zidane could have easily stayed at Madrid and taken on the job rebuilding the team, just like Ferguson did on numerous occasions, and the fans would given him some leeway after delivering 3 Champions League Trophy's. Actually leaving is the cynical option, where you bank your success and don't risk your legacy. Either way, it looks like the end of an era for this brilliant Real Madrid side.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    probably ronaldo

Knowing the family, if that was true it would make him the black sheep!

There was no mention of it after the game in any of the press reports, not even a hint of speculation. The only thing we heard was Bale's post-match comments, and then a story about Ronaldo. Zidane could have easily stayed at Madrid and taken on the job rebuilding the team, just like Ferguson did on numerous occasions, and the fans would given him some leeway after delivering 3 Champions League Trophy's. Actually leaving is the cynical option, where you bank your success and don't risk your legacy. Either way, it looks like the end of an era for this brilliant Real Madrid side.
    They've been talking about it all season in Spain. He's been under severe pressure as they thought this year Madrid would sweep up everything.

Winning the champions league probably would have saved his job but his decision was probably made long before then.

As for the squad itself, I honestly don't think it needs much rebuilding.

They probably have the strongest midfield in the world with Modric,Kroos, Casemiro, Kovacic, Vasquez and Isco. They also have some good youngsters like Dani Ceballos who are extremely good players.

Asensio is gonna be a superb player and it's time he pushed on. Defensively they are strong and even if they swap Bale with Lewandowski and lose Ronaldo but sign Neymar I don't think it would weaken them much.

Out of the two La Liga giants there is only one of them that need major surgery and it's not Real Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    probably ronaldo

Knowing the family, if that was true it would make him the black sheep!
    To be fair, if he was the kind of bloke who dragged his team mates to visit the war grave of a Welsh War Poet in Flanders, or to surprise children at a cancer hospice with a big bag of toys, or give his training shirt to a disabled child, I'd support him all the way.

But now I know someone's heard he's a bit of a p rick, I have to go along with it.

They've been talking about it all season in Spain. He's been under severe pressure as they thought this year Madrid would sweep up everything.

Winning the champions league probably would have saved his job but his decision was probably made long before then.

They probably have the strongest midfield in the world with Modric,Kroos, Casemiro, Kovacic, Vasquez and Isco. They also have some good youngsters like Dani Ceballos who are extremely good players.

Asensio is gonna be a superb player and it's time he pushed on. Defensively they are strong and even if they swap Bale with Lewandowski and lose Ronaldo but sign Neymar I don't think it would weaken them much.

Out of the two La Liga giants there is only one of them that need major surgery and it's not Real Madrid.
    Ronaldo, Marcelo, Modric, Ramos and Benzema all over 30. Bale off to Man U. I'm not sure it will be so easy next time around.

To be fair, if he was the kind of bloke who dragged his team mates to visit the war grave of a Welsh War Poet in Flanders, or to surprise children at a cancer hospice with a big bag of toys, or give his training shirt to a disabled child, I'd support him all the way.

But now I know someone's heard he's a bit of a p rick, I have to go along with it.
    He's actually a pretty humble, quiet and shy fella.
    Nothing "prickish" about him in the slightest.

Don't bother he's one of these "Ronaldo is a one man team" nonsense

Don't bother he's one of these "Ronaldo is a one man team" he probably doesn't even know any of the players mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Don't bother he's one of these "Ronaldo is a one man team" he probably doesn't even know any of the players mentioned
    You still have to bed the younger players in, and there will be some new signings too. The current team have been together for quite a while, as you can see by the way they play. It's probably a good time to do the rebuilding now, so not a bad thing if a new manager comes in. We were lucky enough to see a great side capable of winning 3 Champions Leagues in a row, but nothing lasts for ever. However this team will be talked about for generations to come (as will the Barcelona of the Messi era).

You still have to bed the younger players in, and there will be some new signings too. The current team have been together for quite a while, as you can see by the way they play. It's probably a good time to do the rebuilding now, so not a bad thing if a new manager comes in. We were lucky enough to see a great side capable of winning 3 Champions Leagues in a row, but nothing lasts for ever. However this team will be talked about for generations to come (as will the Barcelona of the Messi era).
    Which youngsters?

Bale seems well liked to me. Especially when he's with the Welsh squad. Many players have said you wouldn't believe he was one of the best players at Real Madrid earning the money he is. He's just himself.

I think at real he has been left out a bit. Maybe his own fault for not learning the language, but I've seen the likes of Modric, Benzema, Kroos and Ramos having a joke with him. The younger players too..

Which youngsters?
    The ones who don't play regularly and will be required to form the new core of the team. The current side are exceptional and it took a lot of hard work to get to that level.

The ones who don't play regularly and will be required to form the new core of the team. The current side are exceptional and it took a lot of hard work to get to that level.

I sense a bit of blagging there. Too late to come back with a Google search now

I sense a bit of blagging there. Too late to come back with a Google search now
    If it was so easy to replace key players with understudies and new signings, then Barcelona would still be winning Champions League trophies year after year

If it was so easy to replace key players with understudies and new signings, then Barcelona would still be winning Champions League trophies year after year
    Not to mention half of the Real team are over 30, and they just happen to be their best players, plus Bale and Ronaldo are off, so no more goals.

Barcelona's biggest problem was replacing Laporte as president. So much in that club is political. There are the Pro-Cruyff and Anti-Cruyff factions at the club who lock horns.

Barcelona's biggest curse in the long term was the signings of Suarez and Neymar. These two brought short term success but sent Barcelona on a course of trying to mimic the galactico philosophy of Madrid.

Real Madrid are bigger than Ronaldo. They are the biggest and most successful club in the world but Barcelona's grip on La Liga and Spain is about to come to an end and in Messi and Busquets we see the last of Pep era and once Messi retires (who truly is irreplaceable for a club like Barcelona who haven't got the backing like Madrid to just throw money at it) I believe they will hit a lean period.

Madrid have uncharacteristicly planned for the end of Ronaldo and co by signing some very very good young players to carry on their success.

They will also add one or two big signings and have been tipped to get Neymar and I believe if Lewandowski is leaving Munich that can only be for Madrid.

I think they will probably get Fabian from Betis and in Asensio they have someone who should become one of the world's best.

I also think that if Ronaldo does leave (which he won't) then Bale will stay so they won't lose both of them.

Something has made Zidane head for the door instead of going for an unprecedented 4th Champions League title, and I'm guessing it's to do with the playing side of things

Not to mention half of the Real team are over 30, and they just happen to be their best players, plus Bale and Ronaldo are off, so no more goals.
    Real Madrid have an endless pot of gold and will buy the next best player even knowing they've already got a good squad without additions I'd like to know what youngsters you refer too because if Asensio is one of them he is already in Spain's squad along with isco and Vasquez who are about 25/26.
    Madrid's side next year could well be
    De gea/Allison
    Carvahal
    Ramos/gimenez
    Varane
    Marcelo
    Modric/dybala
    Kroos
    Casemeiro
    Isco/neymar/hazard
    Asensio/bale
    Lewandoski/Ronaldo

I'm not a fan of real Madrid but they'll always be the powerhouse of football

Something has made Zidane head for the door instead of going for an unprecedented 4th Champions League title, and I'm guessing it's to do with the playing side of things
    He's been there 17 years and would've been sacked if they lost maybe he just wanted to say feck you I'm off

Real Madrid have an endless pot of gold and will buy the next best player even knowing they've already got a good squad without additions I'd like to know what youngsters you refer too because if Asensio is one of them he is already in Spain's squad along with isco and Vasquez who are about 25/26.
    Madrid's side next year could well be
    De gea/Allison
    Carvahal
    Ramos/gimenez
    Varane
    Marcelo
    Modric/dybala
    Kroos
    Casemeiro
    Isco/neymar/hazard
    Asensio/bale
    Lewandoski/Ronaldo

I'm not a fan of real Madrid but they'll always be the powerhouse of football
    I get your point, but it's not as simple as just having good players (e.g. Man City, PSG), they have to gel as a team who can consistenly beat any team they play. Let's see if Real Madrid win the CL next year