Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Re: Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Quote Originally Posted by RygeTheRam View Post
    No. It cuts the shit out which is ruining the 'beautiful game'
    Based on?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    They may not work, imo a game or 2 ban like with diving would hopefully cut it out
    That's what has to happen. Ten minutes off the pitch will also, in my opinion, lead to teams closing shop for 10 minutes and time wasting. Also remember, in football the clock doesn't stop and time is added on at the end of the half.

Sheff U v Derby - Derby player sent to sin bin. Suddenly, player goes down with cramp. Refuses medical attention. Goalkeeper takes ages taking a goal kick. Football is a brilliant sport, not sure why it needs to emulate other sports. In fact, it only seems to be people from other sports that are advocating its introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Because I’m quoting the article

“Nigel Owens is demanding football bring in a 15-minute sin-bin and citing process following Real Madrid's 3-1 Champions League win over Liverpool in Kiev on Saturday night”.
    Maybe you should have read what he said rather than repeat what somebody else said.
    If they said you were a twat would that mean they are right?

He's probably one of the best refs in the world ......the world's best if you listen to the inbred incestuous Welsh media

And he makes some very good points

But he is just playing to the wendyball bigots , we don't need new rules we need refs willing to send people off for cheating ......mo Saleh took a dive a few weeks ago and they did feck all

A strong jack Taylor type old school ref is what's needed not yet another soccer , god I hate the way rugby types call it that ....... article

Have you got other interests besides football? If so keep your nose out from now on!
    Apart from politics probably not, but he has no interest other than promoting his books/tv career.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's probably one of the best refs in the world ......the world's best if you listen to the inbred incestuous Welsh media

But he is just playing to the wendyball bigots , we don't need new rules we need refs willing to send people off for cheating ......mo Saleh took a dive a few weeks ago and they did feck all

A strong jack Taylor type old school ref is what's needed not yet another soccer , god I hate the way rugby types call it that ....... article
    Exactly Sludge. He should keep his nose out of something he knows f all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Bring in a 15-minute sin-bin and citing process following Real Madrid's 3-1 Champions League win over Liverpool in Kiev on Saturday night.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...l-new-14712554

Get stuffed Nige
    Why the hostility? Apart from the fact he’s involved in th game of rugby....which for some reason is considered evil.

Nobody could deny that any rule brought in that would see Ramos go off the pitch for 15 minutes moaning and whinging would be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by RygeTheRam View Post
    No. It cuts the shit out which is ruining the 'beautiful game'
    Yep and the team with the player advantage would then really go for it during the sin bin period.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Why the hostility? Apart from the fact he’s involved in th game of rugby....which for some reason is considered evil.

Nobody could deny that any rule brought in that would see Ramos go off the pitch for 15 minutes moaning and whinging would be worthwhile.
    Who said anything about rugby being evil? For your information and Mr Gammons , I support Senghenydd in rugby. I watch them when the City are away, most weeks. Also watch my nephews play for Senghenydd youth. I just don’t like Nigel Owens, he gets on my bloody nerves with his “this is not soccer” and all the other anti football jibes he makes.

I just wonder what the reaction would be if this had been said by somebody in football.All this play acting shite is killing the game.Its interesting though in countries like Italy this kind of behaviour is often regarded as being clever.This thread ought to be retitled to "Shoot the messenger"

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I just wonder what the reaction would be if this had been said by somebody in football.All this play acting shite is killing the game.Its interesting though in countries like Italy this kind of behaviour is often regarded as being clever.This thread ought to be retitled to "Shoot the messenger"
    I think a lot of posters on here think they have to slate the oval ball game in order to be a cool “proper” City fan.
    Owens was just giving his thoughts and opinions on a topic, just like everybody does.

We all know the play acting is a disgrace. No matter what sport you're from, a cheat is easily spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I just wish the egger would keep his nose out of football. He has no interest in the game, just looking to publicise his latest book.
    Can we ban this stupid word egger????

Closet Liverpool fan l bet,wonder what he thought of Gareth’s goal,

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Because it adds more pressure on the referees. Because it slows the game. Because it gives referees too much influence on a game.

Because it works in rugby, it doesn't mean it has to work in all sports. Does it?
    VAR was pushed and pushed again by Sky - for 2 seasons at least every dodgy decision prompted ' we need VAR' comments. For the TV companies it's an added bit of 'drama', and so will sin bins. All it will do is slow down the game even more, and unlike rugby where an extra man makes all the difference, all you will see is 10 men behind the ball for the duration of the 'ban'...

Sin bins in football great idea

rugby league super league live evening matches have had their kick off times brought forward by 15 minutes because constant referring to the video ref has extended game times including half time to over two hours, games were kicking off at 8 and finishing past 10
    general consensus being that it is overused und slows the game needlessly, also gives refs a cop out on all big decisions

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

There’s something ironic about the way in which the sending off of a player in your match only benefits the next team that plays them

It’s a cultural thing in football and nothing new Spanish and Italian players have been rolling around and cheating since the sixties and probably before ,just watch some clips of European games against British clubs from that era

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Salah got booked for diving and even his own manager said he needs to cut that out straight away

Sin bins in football :)

Up there with popcorn at half time and goal music only it effects the game itself.

Fa Cup half time show next.

All we need are refs with a clear understanding of the rules and for those in charge to stop over complicating what is a very simple and enjoyable game.

TBH it's killing the game ........ I would like to see a siteing committee started, any player found guilty of driving or blatant cheating should be given a min 6 match ban and fined ££££.

Don't you think players who constantly dive (Cheat) would learn their lesson after being given a min 6 match ban and 6 weeks wage cut ........ donate the money to the development of grass roots footy.

It's absolutely disgusting how players get away with nowadays ...... Fine the Club and start deducting points if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    TBH it's killing the game ........ I would like to see a siteing committee started, any player found guilty of driving or blatant cheating should be given a min 6 match ban and fined ££££.

Don't you think players who constantly dive (Cheat) would learn their lesson after being given a min 6 match ban and 6 weeks wage cut ........ donate the money to the development of grass roots footy.

It's absolutely disgusting how players get away with nowadays ...... Fine the Club and start deducting points if necessary
    Problem is you would need all countries doing the same otherwise the best foreign players wouldn't likely play over here

Problem is you would need all countries doing the same otherwise the best foreign players wouldn't likely play over here
    The sin bin is a good idea. However as refs are so powerless to stop time wasting in football the ball probably wouldn’t come back into play for the next 10 minutes, as the clock still runs down and the ref does nothing.

Agreed ........ FIFA have already taken a stance over Racism, now how about "Kick out Cheating"