+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Re: Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

He always gets found out and disappears until, he hopes, everyone has forgotten his untruths and shortcomings.
    Nah, that would be Mrs Harris who hasn't posted on here once since we worked out it was actually you posting and not Mrs Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yeah, had a vague memory of that, but I also remember when we were down to 8 men at Cambridge once, someone saying after the game on some sport show that if we'd gone down to 7 the game would have been abandoned. Obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Nah, that would be Mrs Harris who hasn't posted on here once since we worked out it was actually you posting and not Mrs Harris.
    Mate - There's no "We" when it comes to this message board. It is very apparent that you are very much on your own on here.

https://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/si...ea-pigs.10114/

https://www.refchat.co.uk/threads/sin-bins.10501/

I have other links too - if you can exhibit a little more patience.
    But where did you get the idea from that refs, players and fans all hated the sin-bins when they were trialled? You've put up two links, one from before the trials even started and one from a couple of months in where every ref is broadly supportive bar one with no mention of fans' or players' views. You're against sin-bins, that's fine, and if refs, players and fans did all hate them then that's going to help your argument but you can't blame me for thinking you've made it up if you can't provide any evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    But where did you get the idea from that refs, players and fans all hated the sin-bins when they were trialled? You've put up two links, one from before the trials even started and one from a couple of months in where every ref is broadly supportive bar one with no mention of fans' or players' views. You're against sin-bins, that's fine, and if refs, players and fans did all hate them then that's going to help your argument but you can't blame me for thinking you've made it up if you can't provide any evidence.

No, I can't blame you for that at all so will provide the other links when I get the time.

It's been introduced in tier 7 this season, the referees hate it, the players hate it, the fans hate it.
    The head of referees, Neale Barry, says the trials have been very positive. There has been a 38% reduction in dissent since the scheme started and the experiment will be extended to more leagues next season.

https://www.balls.ie/football/refere...in-bins-385628

The head of referees, Neale Barry, says the trials have been very positive. There has been a 38% reduction in dissent since the scheme started and the experiment will be extended to more leagues next season.

https://www.balls.ie/football/refere...in-bins-385628
    But I was told categorically - by an excellent source - that referees, fans and players all hated sin-bins.

But I was told categorically - by an excellent source - that referees, fans and players all hated sin-bins.
    Don't worry, he's got the evidence to prove it, he's going to put it on here when he's got time. The head of referees is going to look like a right clown when he does.

Don't worry, he's got the evidence to prove it, he's going to put it on here when he's got time.
    Indeed I will.

Indeed I will.
    Ok. I'll be patient, see if you can put it up by the time the World Cup starts (the 2018 one in Russia I mean, not the 2022 one which could be held in a number of Middle Eastern nations).

It's a shame there's so little information about the sin-bin experiment outside of your imagination. Those kind of trials are usually a good indicator of whether rule changes could work at the higher levels of the game and can often throw up surprising results. For example, players at that level used to have to pay a £10 fine if they got a yellow card for dissent but that was scrubbed when the experiment started as dissent was now to be punished with 10 minutes in the sin-bin instead. Some refs were worried that dissent would now increase as there was no financial penalty involved but it turns out that it actually decreased by 38%.

Seems that sin-bins are an effective deterrent from that but obviously we need more information before we can draw any conclusions about their overall impact. Your evidence will help to provide that, share it when you're ready.

Have you dug up that evidence yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    When he has time Jamie. He’s too busy putting everyone on ignore, and then reminding them they are ignore like it’s going to ruin their day

Being told by BIS that youre on ignore is like being told by Jimmy Saville that you’re not invited to ride in the back of his limousine with him

Could BIS be Jason Mohamed? He blocks everyone on Twitter who has a differing opinion than his.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Could BIS be Jason Mohamed? He blocks everyone on Twitter who has a differing opinion than his.
    No, Mohamed is a Cardiff City supporter.

I thought he was Spurs fan who occasionally turns up at the CCS.

I don't understand why he has a column. Separate to this, am sure he represents an element of the Welsh psyche but the two articles I have seen (brexit and football world cup) seem to undermine Wales more than anything.

Na, he's a Spurs fan, first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, he's a Spurs fan, first and foremost.
    Not according to the man himself

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I have known Jason for over 30 years, he is a Spurs fan first, then a City fan (when he wants to be seen), and he has a feeling for Abertawe Town, as that's where he went to uni.

Unfortunately, he has changed for the worst since his MotD & BBC promotions, and forgotten where he came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Does he promote Cardiff City or Wales? Whenever I have heard him talk/seen him tweet it seems to be, not that this is necessarily a negative in wider scheme, about promoting himself.

Anyway, will today be the day that BIS comes up with the evidence that he has that all players, fans, referees and everyone else in the world detest sin bins????

Anyway, will today be the day that BIS comes up with the evidence that he has that all players, fans, referees and everyone else in the world detest sin bins????
    No