Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
Not true, in fact those arguing against the sin bin are mainly giving reasons why it won't work. As yet, you haven't given any reason why you agree,
I have yet to see a cogent argument in this thread as to why sin bins would not work in football, despite you suggesting that everyone is giving reasons it won't work.

Take your reasoning for example, and I quote:

"Owen also doesn't appreciate that sin bins won't work in football because football isn't rugby (thank feck)"

A good strong argument, that - Sin bins won't work in football because football isn't rugby.

Had video assistance been in place during the European final then Ramos would probably have spent at least 30 minutes in the bin for elbowing the keeper and for blatantly cheating and trying to get a free-kick / booking / Sending off for Mane. That may have made a difference to the outcome of the game.

I do hope, however, that some retrospective action is taken against Ramos for what was picked un on video, as referred to above. He deserves to be banned for quite a few games for those antics, which are not needed and not welcome on any football pitch or any other sporting field for that matter.

I still see the main problem in this thread being a rugby referee making a comment on football rather than the issue of VAR / sin bins in themselves.

It is woven throughout the whole of the thread.