+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Bring in a 15-minute sin-bin and citing process following Real Madrid's 3-1 Champions League win over Liverpool in Kiev on Saturday night.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...l-new-14712554

Get stuffed Nige

Re: Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Only way he stays relevant is whinging about football

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Bring in a 15-minute sin-bin and citing process following Real Madrid's 3-1 Champions League win over Liverpool in Kiev on Saturday night.

Get stuffed Nige
    Yep. Feck off back to your egg chasing Nige!

You come on here to have your opinion but nige can't have his?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You come on here to have your opinion but nige can't have his?

I think there needs to be a yellow card + sin bin for cynical fouls that break up attacking play. Nothing more frustrating than the commentator saying "he's taken one for the team' or 'that was a good foul', by the end of the game everyone in the back four has a yellow as any chance of an attack where the defence is outnumbered is wrecked by what amounts to a professional foul.

Ruins the spectacle for the neutral completely.

The problem with play acting is that the referee had to make a judgment on whether the victim is making a foul or being fouled. I have a lot of sympathy for football refs because of this - people often mention the things a ref gets wrong, and fail to mention when a player has tried to fool a ref.

Owen doesn't realise that retrospective action is now taken against PL players found to be diving. Owen also doesn't appreciate that sin bins won't work in football because football isn't rugby (thank feck). I'm not really sure he watches football for any other reason than to say how marvellously correct rugby union is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think there needs to be a yellow card + sin bin for cynical fouls that break up attacking play. Nothing more frustrating than the commentator saying "he's taken one for the team' or 'that was a good foul', by the end of the game everyone in the back four has a yellow as any chance of an attack where the defence is outnumbered is wrecked by what amounts to a professional foul.

Ruins the spectacle for the neutral completely.
    Did you say that when Gyepes made "that" rugby tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The problem with play acting is that the referee had to make a judgment on whether the victim is making a foul or being fouled. I have a lot of sympathy for football refs because of this - people often mention the things a ref gets wrong, and fail to mention when a player has tried to fool a ref.

Owen doesn't realise that retrospective action is now taken against PL players found to be diving. Owen also doesn't appreciate that sin bins won't work in football because football isn't rugby (thank feck). I'm not really sure he watches football for any other reason than to say how marvellously correct rugby union is.
    Indeed, no play acting in egg or indeed playing of the ref.

Owens is a blithering idiot more concerned with being the center of attention than anything else.

Listened to an egg chucker on talksport saying about the attack on the amateur referee last week would never ever happen in rugger.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.w...g-14685158.amp
    He obviously had not seen this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Did you say that when Gyepes made "that" rugby tackle?
    Obviously not

Where did he say how marvellously correct rugby union is?

What use is retrospective action if you lose a playoff final or a champions league final because somebody dived?

Get stuffed Nige
    Other than to stir shite why do you say “demands”

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Listened to an egg chucker on talksport saying about the attack on the amateur referee last week would never ever happen in rugger.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.w...g-14685158.amp
    He obviously had not seen this incident.
    That is nothing like the incident in the football game. I don't understand people's problem with rugby and why there always seems to be a need to compare

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Other than to stir shite why do you say “demands”
    Because I’m quoting the article

“Nigel Owens is demanding football bring in a 15-minute sin-bin and citing process following Real Madrid's 3-1 Champions League win over Liverpool in Kiev on Saturday night”.

Because I’m quoting the article

“Nigel Owens is demanding football bring in a 15-minute sin-bin and citing process following Real Madrid's 3-1 Champions League win over Liverpool in Kiev on Saturday night”.
    I read his tweet this morning and nowhere does he demand anything, he actually suggests players get punished for their shameful behaviour to eradicate it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Where did he say how marvellously correct rugby union is?

What use is retrospective action if you lose a playoff final or a champions league final because somebody dived?
    It is implied every time a rugby player talks about football. For some reason rugby professionals keep comparing their sport with football. It's really quite strange, because they rarely compare Union with League (for example), or Union with Ice Hockey, or Union with basketball - you get the picture.

Retrospective action is the best available course to try to eliminate cheating in football - my main issue is that it cannot be extended to all levels of the game. The game is also too fluid to stop every so often to go to a video ref. We've already seen it in action, and it is shit. I wonder how infallible Owen would be without a video ref to help him out? I've seen the clips of how great a referee he is, and quite often he has to go to the third eye.

What Owen is suggesting will add more pressure onto referees, not take it away. Remember, the same laws apply in football whether it is Liverpool v Real in a European Cup final, or Grange Albion against Ely Rangers in a pre-season friendly. Whilst a Premier League referee will have the benefit of some video footage, I'm not so sure that a Championship referee will, and I'm absolutely certain that a League 1 or League 2 referee will not. If Owen's suggestion (he talks from a viewpoint of having little interest in "soccer") was taken up, referees at lower levels of football would have far too much pressure, and far too much power to influence a game.

One thing I would like to see (along with retrospective action against cheaters) - is that the manager gets a 1-game touchline ban if 2 of his players are found guilty of diving in the same season. If a third is found guilty, then it's a 2 game ban and so on.

It is implied every time a rugby player talks about football. For some reason rugby professionals keep comparing their sport with football. It's really quite strange, because they rarely compare Union with League (for example), or Union with Ice Hockey, or Union with basketball - you get the picture.

Retrospective action is the best available course to try to eliminate cheating in football - my main issue is that it cannot be extended to all levels of the game. The game is also too fluid to stop every so often to go to a video ref. We've already seen it in action, and it is shit. I wonder how infallible Owen would be without a video ref to help him out? I've seen the clips of how great a referee he is, and quite often he has to go to the third eye.

What Owen is suggesting will add more pressure onto referees, not take it away. Remember, the same laws apply in football whether it is Liverpool v Real in a European Cup final, or Grange Albion against Ely Rangers in a pre-season friendly. Whilst a Premier League referee will have the benefit of some video footage, I'm not so sure that a Championship referee will, and I'm absolutely certain that a League 1 or League 2 referee will not. If Owen's suggestion (he talks from a viewpoint of having little interest in "soccer") was taken up, referees at lower levels of football would have far too much pressure, and far too much power to influence a game.

One thing I would like to see (along with retrospective action against cheaters) - is that the manager gets a 1-game touchline ban if 2 of his players are found guilty of diving in the same season. If a third is found guilty, then it's a 2 game ban and so on.
    What a load of nonsense Owens is one of the best rugby union refs in the world

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What a load of nonsense Owens is one of the best rugby union refs in the world
    He may well be, that doesn't make him right on this football subject though.

Having a sin bin in football is a really good idea. It works well in rugby. If it reduces some of the nonsense we see in a football pitch then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Having a sin bin in football is a really good idea. It works well in rugby. If it reduces some of the nonsense we see in a football pitch then why not?
    Because it adds more pressure on the referees. Because it slows the game. Because it gives referees too much influence on a game.

Because it works in rugby, it doesn't mean it has to work in all sports. Does it?

Get stuffed Nige
    I just wish the egger would keep his nose out of football. He has no interest in the game, just looking to publicise his latest book.

Because it adds more pressure on the referees. Because it slows the game. Because it gives referees too much influence on a game.

Because it works in rugby, it doesn't mean it has to work in all sports. Does it?
    No. It cuts the shit out which is ruining the 'beautiful game'

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I just wish the egger would keep his nose out of football. He has no interest in the game, just looking to publicise his latest book.
    Have you got other interests besides football? If so keep your nose out from now on!

They may not work, imo a game or 2 ban like with diving would hopefully cut it out