+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Re: Nigel Owen eggers ref demands football

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    80% of all refs? 77% of all coaches? 70% of all clubs?
    Did you open the link? You said there'd been a trial and the refs hated it, I've just put up the survey results on the trial and 80% of the refs want it to continue. Why would they want it to continue if they hate it? You said the players and the fans hated it yet 70% of the clubs want it to continue. Why, if they hate it?

You keep saying you've got the evidence to back up your argument, it's a shame you can't find the time to put it on here. Maybe your son's toothache is playing up again? Get well soon to him if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Did you open the link? You said there'd been a trial and the refs hated it, I've just put up the survey results on the trial and 80% of the refs want it to continue. Why would they want it to continue if they hate it? You said the players and the fans hated it yet 70% of the clubs want it to continue. Why, if they hate it?
    80% of what refs? 80% of all refs? 80% of refs in tier 7? 80% of refs in this one division?

Maybe your son's toothache is playing up again? Get well soon to him if it is.
    It did flare up again a week or so ago, it appears to be infected and may need removal. I'll pass on your best wishes to him, I'm sure it'll cheer him up no end.

It did flare up again a week or so ago, it appears to be infected and may need removal. I'll pass on your best wishes to him, I'm sure it'll cheer him up no end.
    If he's older than 3, get him to explain those survey results to you. You seem to be struggling with them.

If he's older than 3, get him to explain those survey results to you. You seem to be struggling with them.
    Are you older than 3? If so, maybe you can tell me which referees were surveyed and how many.

Are you older than 3? If so, maybe you can tell me which referees were surveyed and how many.
    I put the link up for you, what don't you understand?

http://surreyprimaryleague.com/fa-sin-bin-pilot-update/

It's under the heading 'results of the pilot nationally'. The stat before mentions 31 leagues (which was, if I remember rightly, the number of leagues involved in the trial), then it says 'when surveyed, 80% of referees, 77% of coaches and 70% of clubs wanted the pilot to continue'.

What refs, players and fans were you talking about when you said there'd been a trial and they all hated it?

Leave him alone - his little lads still not well and he needs him to read the big words in the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Leave him alone - his little lads still not well and he needs him to read the big words in the link.
    You’d think his lad would have earache, not toothache, listening to that fool all day.

This thread needs locking or removing, it's going nowhere, except to satisfy the needs of a few internet bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This thread needs locking or removing, it's going nowhere, except to satisfy the needs of a few internet bullies.
    Thinly veiled “I’d like to be made a moderator” post IMO

I think the threads that BIS keeps dragging down need to be moderated more. He's had his opportunity to have a platform to offer an opinion but it's now getting worse where it's an agenda to poke a stick at CCFC rather than a constructive argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I think the threads that BIS keeps dragging down need to be moderated more. He's had his opportunity to have a platform to offer an opinion but it's now getting worse where it's an agenda to poke a stick at CCFC rather than a constructive argument.
    Fair enough, I've said on more than one occasion that BIS doesn't help his situation on here. In my opinion, he comes across as an intelligent poster who is bitter about what went before, fair enough, but he does need to offer his opinion in a different way. He seems to have got this one wrong, and can't offer any evidence to back up his statement, yet the usual suspects are pushing it like spoilt five year olds, it's embarrassing all round and really brings this messageboard down.

I think that’s accurate. There’s lots of good stuff on here and different points of view are always part of the enjoyment. I’m even ok with it getting heated with the colourful language that accompanies the debate at times (I see that as part of the entertainment at times) but the one thing that gels people is primarily CCFC and it’s hardly surprising that he gets abused with the drivel he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Thinly veiled “I’d like to be made a moderator” post IMO
    The 'Boss' did ask me, but when i showed him my list of posters i'd like banned, he realised that he would've been out of business

The 'Boss' did ask me, but when i showed him my list of posters i'd like banned, he realised that he would've been out of business
    🤣

OK Mike - so where in this thread have I had a dig at CCFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think the threads that Nick keeps dragging down need to be moderated more. He's had his opportunity to have a platform to offer an opinion but it's now getting worse where it's an agenda to poke a stick at people rather than a constructive argument.

It's been introduced in tier 7 this season, the referees hate it, the players hate it, the fans hate it.
    A brief report here on how the FA are expanding the sin bin experiment for this season after it's successful and popular introduction last season.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/30/sin-bins-300718

A brief report here on how the FA are expanding the sin bin experiment for this season after it's successful and popular introduction last season.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/30/sin-bins-300718
    That must be made up Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That must be made up Shirley
    Has to be a wind-up. The FA are trolls, I'm putting them on ignore.

Hmmm, so no rush for my link but a bitchy response when I haven't posted for a few hours. If it's OK with you, I have had to nurse my little lad through toothache - all things considered - your yearnings were not that high on my list of priorities. I'm sorry if that doesn't tie in with your graph on the patterns of my internet behaviour (I prefer your loan watch to your "me" watch). You are already exhibiting signs of confirmation bias, so whilst I was going to post some links you can wait a little while longer just for being so needy.
    Fair enough, its been nearly three months now though.

Exactly.
    It's been introduced in tier 7 this season, the referees hate it, the players hate it, the fans hate it.
    Any updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Bring in a 15-minute sin-bin and citing process following Real Madrid's 3-1 Champions League win over Liverpool in Kiev on Saturday night.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...l-new-14712554

Get stuffed Nige
    It's the ****ing refs who should be put in the sin bin

Exactly.

Also, player's taking an age to take a throw-in, players taking an age to take a goal kick. All the while knowing that 10 minutes in football is 10 minutes. The ref will add on time at the end of the half for all the time wasting.

If they bring in a sin-bin, it will be exciting for a season, then people will moan about how referees are seemingly trying to be centre of attention (which is one jibe we often get about referees).

Who is going to monitor the 15 minutes sin bin? The fourth official? They don't get that luxury in tier 7 of the pyramid. It's been introduced in tier 7 this season, the referees hate it, the players hate it, the fans hate it.
    Well, well, well.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/10-...036f6727e15fad

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Bring in a 15-minute sin-bin and citing process following Real Madrid's 3-1 Champions League win over Liverpool in Kiev on Saturday night.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...l-new-14712554

Get stuffed Nige
    Nigel Owens is starting to believe his own hype and thinks he has to give an opinion on everything.
    He needs to stick to his own 'swim lane' talk about rugby, we have plenty of relevant football pundits.