+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Brooks

David Brooks

"England was a good stepping stone" Good lad!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44261831

He's going to be an important part of the Wales set up for years to come. I think he'd be an excellent signing for us, didn't Warnock specifically mention him once regarding his favourite player in the Championship or something like that?

Re: David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "England was a good stepping stone" Good lad!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44261831

He's going to be an important part of the Wales set up for years to come. I think he'd be an excellent signing for us, didn't Warnock specifically mention him once regarding his favourite player in the Championship or something like that?
    Brooks was the name Neil Warnock came up with when he was asked which Championship player he would like to sign at his meeting with supporters back in November I think it was. Our manager qualified his comment by saying that he doesnt tend to notice opposition players during games because he is concentrating on his team so much, but he has been impressed by Brooks when he came on in our win over Sheffield United in August.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brooks was the name Neil Warnock came up with when he was asked which Championship player he would like to sign at his meeting with supporters back in November I think it was. Our manager qualified his comment by saying that he doesnt tend to notice opposition players during games because he is concentrating on his team so much, but he has been impressed by Brooks when he came on in our win over Sheffield United in August.
    Good movement and vision, can take players on and score goals. He might be out of our league, I expect Sheffield Utd will want a bit of cash for him?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Now that would be a purchase to build a legacy. Brooks could potentially grow at the same rate as the club. I don't think he would command as much as the papers are hyping for either. Though he may still be out of our range.

Think we need two attacking mids / 10s for our squad, so a younger option would be amazing. I always feel that teams tend to do well if players in this position are the stronger ones in the team.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Think we need two attacking mids / 10s for our squad, so a younger option would be amazing. I always feel that teams tend to do well if players in this position are the stronger ones in the team.
    Spot on imo
    As Liverpool discovered against RMadrid

Takes the pressure off the defense and the strike grouping

He was outstanding at Bramall Lane when we sneaked a point but its a catch 2 thing. City need experience in their team but he is mega talented and will develop only if he's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    He was outstanding at Bramall Lane when we sneaked a point but its a catch 2 thing. City need experience in their team but he is mega talented and will develop only if he's playing.
    Harry Wilson looks a talent, and I can't see him going back to Liverpool U23's or the Championship.

I think we should be signing players that if we did go down we’d have the squad to come straight back up no need to spend silly money we need to be sensible and cute

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think we should be signing players that if we did go down we’d have the squad to come straight back up no need to spend silly money we need to be sensible and cute
    I think Warnock has said this himself.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Harry Wilson looks a talent, and I can't see him going back to Liverpool U23's or the Championship.
    Would love him here, but I'd be concerned with his injury record. It would have to be one of our loans. But I'd rather us go for permenent transfers over loans this summer. I feel we are highly likely to go down, so I hope we share some young talent for beyond this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think we should be signing players that if we did go down we'd have the squad to come straight back up no need to spend silly money we need to be sensible and cute
    I agree to a point. I feel that we should also look to capture players with the potential for exceptional talent while we have the status also. Which kind of backs up your point anyway.

Wilson is injury free now. He got injured when he went out on loan a few seasons ago.

Blue in the Face

Wilson is injury free now. He got injured when he went out on loan a few seasons ago.
    Let's hope you're right going forward. But he's been injured countless times in between his first and second Wales cap

Good movement and vision, can take players on and score goals. He might be out of our league, I expect Sheffield Utd will want a bit of cash for him?
    Given the kinds of players all the teams we are competing with will be looking to bring in, we are really going to struggle if we can't even consider a fairly good championship player in a middling championship team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Given the kinds of players all the teams we are competing with will be looking to bring in, we are really going to struggle if we can't even consider a fairly good championship player in a middling championship team.
    Liverpool were sniffing around during the last transfer window.

He signed a very long-term contract extension with Sheffield United in late 2017 - to the summer of 2021.

Transfermarkt think he's worth 5 million Euros.

Now Chris Wilder has agreed an extension at Bramall Lane I imagine it will be harder for any club to prise Brooks away.

Would be a great signing, though.

Let's hope you're right going forward. But he's been injured countless times in between his first and second Wales cap
    To be fair, there was about 4 and a half years between those two caps

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He signed a very long-term contract extension with Sheffield United in late 2017 - to the summer of 2021.

Transfermarkt think he's worth 5 million Euros.

Now Chris Wilder has agreed an extension at Bramall Lane I imagine it will be harder for any club to prise Brooks away.

Would be a great signing, though.
    €5 million sounds good to me

Liverpool were sniffing around during the last transfer window.
    who?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    €5 million sounds good to me
    Cheaper than Madine, maybe we can do a straight swap, and tell them to keep the change?

Blue in the Face

And he was injured for around half of that time. I don't understand why that wouldn't be a concern for a buying club?

And he was injured for around half of that time. I don't understand why that wouldn't be a concern for a buying club?
    Maybe because he was the best player in PL2, and then banged them in for Hull while also providing assists, without any sign of injury?

Blue in the Face

Harry Wilson may be forced to lease Liverpool for first-team opportunities
    https://tbrfootball.com/harry-wilson...ter-seek-exit/

Harry Wilson may be forced to lease Liverpool for first-team opportunities
    https://tbrfootball.com/harry-wilson...ter-seek-exit/

I don't think they'll let him rent out the first team