Re: David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I don't think they'll let him rent out the first team
    I copy and pasted that I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Harry Wilson may be forced to lease Liverpool for first-team opportunities
    https://tbrfootball.com/harry-wilson...ter-seek-exit/
    I predict a one year loan to a Premier League club to see how he performs at a higher level. This would increase his value, and Liverpool also have the option to keep him if he does well.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I predict a one year loan to a Premier League club to see how he performs at a higher level. This would increase his value, and Liverpool also have the option to keep him if he does well.
    Any move would be late in the window I reckon. I reckon Klopp will try him out in pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Any move would be late in the window I reckon. I reckon Klopp will try him out in pre-season.
    He would have to leapfrog Woodburn though.

He would have to leapfrog Woodburn though.
    I think his loan performances put him ahead of Woodburn, I'd imagine he'll be looking to loan Woodburn out next season

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think his loan performances put him ahead of Woodburn, I'd imagine he'll be looking to loan Woodburn out next season
    Woodburn wasn't loaned out as he was considered to be close to the first team squad. Didn't he travel to Kiev?

Woodburn wasn't loaned out as he was considered to be close to the first team squad. Didn't he travel to Kiev?
    Even Danny Ward & Adam Bogdan travelled to Kyiv

I saw Liverpool are looking at signing Zaha which pushes him even further down the pecking order, hopefully Wilson's loan performances convince Klopp to loan Woodburn out

Even Danny Ward & Adam Bogdan travelled to Kyiv

I saw Liverpool are looking at signing Zaha which pushes him even further down the pecking order, hopefully Wilson's loan performances convince Klopp to loan Woodburn out
    Well he's training with the first team and has been on the bench, he even came on against Brighton in May.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could grab a few of these talented Welsh lads for the campaign ahead and bolster Wales .

It's a shame we had Lawrence under Slade, who sapped the footballing ability from every decent player.
    Imagine what he would've been like under Warnock for us.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could grab a few of these talented Welsh lads for the campaign ahead and bolster Wales .
    There is a lot of talent in the 17-21 age group. Exciting times ahead

Well he's training with the first team and has been on the bench, he even came on against Brighton in May.
    One 7 minute league appearance isn't justification for not sending him out on loan, if anything it shows he should have been loaned

Blue in the Face

There is a lot of talent in the 17-21 age group. Exciting times ahead
    Cardiff should try and nab Jack Vale of Blackburn

One 7 minute league appearance isn't justification for not sending him out on loan, if anything it shows he should have been loaned
    If he becomes a regular on the bench, it means they are easing him into the first team. They had the option to send him out on loan in January, but they decided to keep him with the first team. Even the U19 coaches have said he has gone up a level whenever he has made an appearance for them. It seems like Klopps plan is working, so I can't see him going anywhere, especially if he starts getting more game time next season.

If he becomes a regular on the bench, it means they are easing him into the first team. They had the option to send him out on loan in January, but they decided to keep him with the first team. Even the U19 coaches have said he has gone up a level whenever he has made an appearance for them. It seems like Klopps plan is working, so I can't see him going anywhere, especially if he starts getting more game time next season.
    He isn't consistently on the bench, he's been there a fair few times this season, but being on a bench isn't an effective substitute for actual gametime for a player's development

Gary Neville pointed it out on the commentary of that game that a player is "nothing" until they get 100 games under their belt, young players need those games. Wilson is the perfect example of a player thriving when given a chance away from Liverpool

He isn't consistently on the bench, he's been there a fair few times this season, but being on a bench isn't an effective substitute for actual gametime for a player's development

Gary Neville pointed it out on the commentary of that game that a player is "nothing" until they get 100 games under their belt, young players need those games. Wilson is the perfect example of a player thriving when given a chance away from Liverpool
    Woodburn is 18, he is already ahead of schedule. I believe Liverpool will take the in-house route that gifted players such as Giggs and Rooney followed, i.e. straight into the first team. They had the chance to send him out on loan in January which would have been the perfect time, but they declined. Obviously a very high level management decision was taken regarding his future.

Woodburn is 18, he is already ahead of schedule. I believe Liverpool will take the in-house route that gifted players such as Giggs and Rooney followed, i.e. straight into the first team. They had the chance to send him out on loan in January which would have been the perfect time, but they declined. Obviously a very high level management decision was taken regarding his future.
    At 18, Rooney had made 67 league appearances for Everton, Woodburn is 19 in October and by then Giggs had made 40 league appearances

I really hope that Woodburn gets into Liverpool's first team soon but that's extremely unlikely. He's already behind a whole host of players at Liverpool and it'll only get worse as they inevitably strengthen in the summer

A season of competitive football will be far more beneficial to his development than the occasional appearance on the subs bench and captaining the Under 19s

At 18, Rooney had made 67 league appearances for Everton, Woodburn is 19 in October and by then Giggs had made 40 league appearances

I really hope that Woodburn gets into Liverpool's first team soon but that's extremely unlikely. He's already behind a whole host of players at Liverpool and it'll only get worse as they inevitably strengthen in the summer

A season of competitive football will be far more beneficial to his development than the occasional appearance on the subs bench and captaining the Under 19s
    Exactly by the time Shrek was his age he was a 30 Millon pound player, I can't believe Liverpool didn't loan him out so he could toughen up a bit how will a player develop when they're not playing I believe if you're good enough no matter on age you should be playing, take that Reece Oxford on loan out in Germany I'm sure he's going to come back in a much better position than when he left

If it was deemed beneficial he would have gone out on loan with Wilson in January, and not joined the 1st team squad instead. Unless of course you think Klopp is a numptie who doesn't know what he is doing?

If it was deemed beneficial he would have gone out on loan with Wilson in January, and not joined the 1st team squad instead. Unless of course you think Klopp is a numptie who doesn't know what he is doing?
    He's very good at losing finals

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Exactly by the time Shrek was his age he was a 30 Millon pound player, I can't believe Liverpool didn't loan him out so he could toughen up a bit how will a player develop when they're not playing I believe if you're good enough no matter on age you should be playing, take that Reece Oxford on loan out in Germany I'm sure he's going to come back in a much better position than when he left
    Shrek also burnt himself out early, but it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Have you really resorted to "Klopp knows better than you"?

Shrek also burnt himself out early, but it's better to burn out than to fade away.
    That's probably because he doesn't have the natural body type Ronaldo started playing first team football regularly at 17 he's doing ok

Have you really resorted to "Klopp knows better than you"?
    Either he does, or he's got it all back to front and upside down

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That's probably because he doesn't have the natural body type Ronaldo started playing first team football regularly at 17 he's doing ok
    15 years ago all the top teams weren't rammed with global superstars, it has had a huge negative effect on talented young players.