+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Elis James' Feast of Football live in Cardiff

Elis James' Feast of Football live in Cardiff

A good listen to be fair for a Jack compere:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p066t7cc

Re: Elis James' Feast of Football live in Cardiff

Yeah it’s a good listen. He comes across well I think.

The one in Swansea last week was even better. Especially Gabbs stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The one in Swansea last week was even better. Especially Gabbs stories.
    Absolutely hilarious I thought. And Bob(?) asking if Cardiff were going to sign Bale and Allen

The entire series has been very good this year.

For those that enjoy funny and entertaining football podcasts try ‘Quickly Kevin, will he score?’

Josh Widdicombe and crew - start with the Matt Le Tissier one which was the very first - had me smiling and laughing all the way through. Paul Merson (episode 3) is also top quality. I’m only 5 episodes in but it’s right up there with the best sport podcasts I’ve heard

Recorded following promotion on Sunday and during Huddersfield's draw at Chelsea. Poor guy...

Murphy has just got a new nickname ..... 'Spooner'.

That was very good. Thanks for sharing.

Just listened to the one recorded in Swansea - well up to the usual standard. Interesting to hear Danny Gabbidon talk about a new City signing to be announced soon and that even he thought Russell Slade would have been better off picking a youngster on the bench instead of him just before he announced his retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The entire series has been very good this year.

For those that enjoy funny and entertaining football podcasts try ‘Quickly Kevin, will he score?’

Josh Widdicombe and crew - start with the Matt Le Tissier one which was the very first - had me smiling and laughing all the way through. Paul Merson (episode 3) is also top quality. I’m only 5 episodes in but it’s right up there with the best sport podcasts I’ve heard
    Started listening to these. Great podcast thanks. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Started listening to these. Great podcast thanks. ��
    I've just started them too. Heard the Norwich V inter Milan commentary - he nails the nasal commentator voice and stupid comments.

Looking forward to working my way through them.

Quickly Kevin is excellent, and it gets better because after the first series Chris stops laughing loudly at everything the footballer says.

The end of series quizzes are brilliant. Mark Lawrenson is an asshole. I pissed myself during the Steve Bruce Striker novel ones.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I've just started them too. Heard the Norwich V inter Milan commentary - he nails the nasal commentator voice and stupid comments.

Looking forward to working my way through them.
    Yeah I’ve been up to speed on the Ellis James ones for a while. Just starting the Kevin ones.

Merson my favourite so far. There’s 2 Ellis James on there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Yeah I’ve been up to speed on the Ellis James ones for a while. Just starting the Kevin ones.

Merson my favourite so far. There’s 2 Ellis James on there too.
    The ones with Ellis are great, particularly the one about Welsh football being shite in the 90s. He's got a great memory for the absurd stories (no spoilers but it's 90% Bobby Gould).

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The ones with Ellis are great, particularly the one about Welsh football being shite in the 90s. He's got a great memory for the absurd stories (no spoilers but it's 90% Bobby Gould).
    Elis is great to be fair, nice to see a (semi) famous Welshman refusing to pander to the rugby stereotype and bigging up Welsh football instead

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Elis is great to be fair, nice to see a (semi) famous Welshman refusing to pander to the rugby stereotype and bigging up Welsh football instead
    I went to a Guardian Football Weekly Live, in London a few months back and Elis James was one of the panelists.

At one point he went on this very eloquent monologue about why he really hated Welsh eggby so much (because of the negative effect that is has on Welsh football, and the embarrassing stereotype that it creates, as much as anything), to the point that I actually started applauding.

He is excellent. Even for a Jack. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I went to a Guardian Football Weekly Live, in London a few months back and Elis James was one of the panelists.

At one point he went on this very eloquent monologue about why he really hated Welsh eggby so much (because of the negative effect that is has on Welsh football, and the embarrassing stereotype that it creates, as much as anything), to the point that I actually started applauding.

He is excellent. Even for a Jack. ;-)

He made a 2 part radio show on "The Rugby Myth"