+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Didier Ndong linked

Didier Ndong linked

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/ca...d-dider-ndong/

Sunderland midfielder Didier Ndong has become the latest possible transfer target for Cardiff City in this transfer window.

Ndong has joined a number of players to have been linked to the club, but the Bluebirds are yet to do business after the transfer window opened earlier this month.

He joined Watford on loan this January but failed to make an appearance under manager Javi Gracia.

Gabon news outlet iSport says that the Bluebirds are serious contenders to sign the Gabonese international, but French side Olympique Lyonnais and an unnamed club are also interested.

Fortunately for Cardiff, Ndong does not favour a return to France, making Cardiff a more likely destination if he were to leave the Stadium of Light. The Black Cats though will want to recoup their money for the midfielder, given that his contract doesn’t expire until 2021.

Cardiff fans will remember Ndong after he was shown a straight card for a foul on Junior Hoilett, in the Bluebirds 4-0 victory over Sunderland. Ndong is also an international teammate of Cardiff City defender Bruno Ecuele Manga.

The 23-year-old has been at Sunderland since 2016 when he became the Black Cats club record transfer. However, he was relegated with the club and made just a handful of appearances since their relegation to the Championship.

Before moving to Sunderland, Ndong played his football in Tunisia and France, spending a total of three seasons for Lorient, before moving to the North East.

Underwhelming.

Re: Didier Ndong linked

Certainly not made much of an impression - but something must have persuaded Sunderland to have paid a Club record for him at the time. Let's give him a chance if this is true, though I remember him not being brilliant when we played them.

Bit of a harsh sending off if I remember correctly. Still, the entire Sunderland were useless that day including him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Bit of a harsh sending off if I remember correctly. Still, the entire Sunderland were useless that day including him.
    It was indeed a harsh sending off. I seem to recall he made contact with the ball first, but his boot somehow ended up rolling over the top it and made contact with Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It was indeed a harsh sending off. I seem to recall he made contact with the ball first, but his boot somehow ended up rolling over the top it and made contact with Hoilett.
    i can remember saying this during the game indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/ca...d-dider-ndong/

Sunderland midfielder Didier Ndong has become the latest possible transfer target for Cardiff City in this transfer window.

Ndong has joined a number of players to have been linked to the club, but the Bluebirds are yet to do business after the transfer window opened earlier this month.

He joined Watford on loan this January but failed to make an appearance under manager Javi Gracia.

Gabon news outlet iSport says that the Bluebirds are serious contenders to sign the Gabonese international, but French side Olympique Lyonnais and an unnamed club are also interested.

Fortunately for Cardiff, Ndong does not favour a return to France, making Cardiff a more likely destination if he were to leave the Stadium of Light. The Black Cats though will want to recoup their money for the midfielder, given that his contract doesn’t expire until 2021.

Cardiff fans will remember Ndong after he was shown a straight card for a foul on Junior Hoilett, in the Bluebirds 4-0 victory over Sunderland. Ndong is also an international teammate of Cardiff City defender Bruno Ecuele Manga.

The 23-year-old has been at Sunderland since 2016 when he became the Black Cats club record transfer. However, he was relegated with the club and made just a handful of appearances since their relegation to the Championship.

Before moving to Sunderland, Ndong played his football in Tunisia and France, spending a total of three seasons for Lorient, before moving to the North East.

Underwhelming.
    But someone I wouldn't be too surprised to see us go for.

Blue in the Face

Happy to see us going for players whose reputations have dropped off. Buy low sell high. I can see this being a good purchase.

Blue in the Face

Cardiff City set to miss out on transfer target Didier N’Dong – reports
    http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/ca...ndong-reports/