+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man City's midfielder Phil Foden will NOT be loaned out next season...

Man City's midfielder Phil Foden will NOT be loaned out next season...

....according to the Telegraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-new-contract/

shame: I rather hoped we'd be in with a chance of taking him

Re: Man City's midfielder Phil Foden will NOT be loaned out next season...

why would he come to us if europes elite were taking interest?

Whether it's deserved or not is another argument, but I really think people should factor in the perception of the type of football we play and the Warnock factor (I mean in a negative way - I suspect there will be some clubs who may be unwilling to loan any players to a team managed by him) when speculating about the sort of young player we might sign on loan from a top club. Grujic was allowed to come here, but he's a big, physical player who it was thought would fit in with our style - in a lot of cases though, I believe clubs will be reluctant to allow smaller, more technical, youngsters to come here and I'm not sure they'd be the type of players Neil Warnock would be looking for anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Whether it's deserved or not is another argument, but I really think people should factor in the perception of the type of football we play and the Warnock factor (I mean in a negative way - I suspect there will be some clubs who may be unwilling to loan any players to a team managed by him) when speculating about the sort of young player we might sign on loan from a top club. Grujic was allowed to come here, but he's a big, physical player who it was thought would fit in with our style - in a lot of cases though, I believe clubs will be reluctant to allow smaller, more technical, youngsters to come here and I'm not sure they'd be the type of players Neil Warnock would be looking for anyway.
    You've raised some good points there. If you had a gifted, but rather lightweight youngster on your club's books, you'd wonder how our style is going to help develop him.

I really do hope that we're able to attract a few players who can put their foot on the ball.

Huffing & puffing is never going to blow the door down in the Premier.

I agree with Bob. There is absolutely no chance on hell of Foden coming here. Personally I think it would be a terrible move for the kid too if i take my Cardiff glasses off