+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tractor Boys appoint Hurst

Tractor Boys appoint Hurst

Good appointment for them, and a change of playing style from McCarthy. Very impressed with how Shrewsbury passed and moved in our pre season game there last August. Always difficult to make judgements pre season but I wasn't surprised with Shrewsbury having the fine season they did.

Re: Tractor Boys appoint Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Good appointment for them, and a change of playing style from McCarthy. Very impressed with how Shrewsbury passed and moved in our pre season game there last August. Always difficult to make judgements pre season but I wasn't surprised with Shrewsbury having the fine season they did.
    McCarthy did fairly well considering the budget he had to work with.

Hurst may regret going to Ipswich.

Time will tell. Given their finances it will be difficult for sure. However, there was a lot of unrest amongst their fanbase with the style of football served up under McCarthy and the appointment of Hurst shows a complete change in philosophy. Some massive clubs in the championship next season, with budgets to match. Pre season will be massive for clubs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I thought the same mate. They played us off the park and did the same to Wolves and Villa in Pre season. They were rank outsiders for promotion too. Pity they didn't go up. Maybe Ipswich worth keeping an eye ion next season.
    Spedger