+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Warnock, who accepts his budget will be limited this summer,"........

"Warnock, who accepts his budget will be limited this summer,"........

"The Cardiff boss wants five or six players to supplement his current squad and is set to once again utilise the loan and free transfer market. The likes of Salomon Rondon — linked with the Bluebirds in media reports — could be out of reach because of budget restraints."

No "formal bid" for NDong.

We're going for "mainly British-based experienced players" (so they won't come cheap even if they're Bosmans).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rnock-14722688

Re: "Warnock, who accepts his budget will be limited this summer,"........

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "The Cardiff boss wants five or six players to supplement his current squad and is set to once again utilise the loan and free transfer market. The likes of Salomon Rondon — linked with the Bluebirds in media reports — could be out of reach because of budget restraints."

We're going for "mainly British-based experienced players" (so they won't come cheap even if they're Bosmans).

I dont believe that the club has a good enough European network, to bring in a lot of cheaper unknown European talent.

I think the club will see a fair bit of spending (because the tv money is big). However all the other Premier league clubs will be spending bigger.

"Big news set to be announced next week"... Jesus christ, can't wait for our lovely new red home kit to be released next week then.

"biG nEWs"
    Naming rights to the stadium and the unveiling of the kit?

NW has already stated it will be very much limited. He also said, we will probably have the smallest budget in the PL.

To be fair we don't really want any continental types disrupting the harmony, like Ole did last time. Some more experienced players to bring a bit of class and guile to our system would be my wish. Your Kevin Nolan, Mark Noble, Peter Crouch types are what we need.

Which players fit that mould and are available now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    To be fair we don't really want any continental types disrupting the harmony, like Ole did last time. Some more experienced players to bring a bit of class and guile to our system would be my wish. Your Kevin Nolan, Mark Noble, Peter Crouch types are what we need.

The issue you get there is because they have been in the Premier league forever their wages will be sky high, and as such out of our budget.

The European market would probably be the best for our budget, but i dont believe we have the scouting network to take advantage of that.

The best avenue for us is to probably pick up the best available to us out of the championship, even then think players at the bigger clubs will be out of our reach.

It wasn't the players that ole signed that was the problem, he brought in some excellent players, but nobody in the team had a clue as to what they were supposed to be doing from one game to the next.
    Signing those type of players would be an utter disaster.
    Past it premier league war horses who would be on a stupid wage and completely impossible to move on again one we get relegated. Those are the type of signings that drag a club down.

Not a single quote in that article. Could at least get a line from Warnock's barber or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It wasn't the players that ole signed that was the problem, he brought in some excellent players, but nobody in the team had a clue as to what they were supposed to be doing from one game to the next.
    Past it premier league war horses who would be on a stupid wage and completely impossible to move on again one we get relegated. Those are the type of signings that drag a club down.
    Ole had a bit of Mourinho type way of signing players, "I've seen him on match of the day and he looked alright so I'll sign him!"

There was no structure to his signings and add to that he was irresponsible (along with Choo and Dalman) in the way players were given large and long contracts which crippled us for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Not a single quote in that article. Could at least get a line from Warnock's barber or something.
    This. The whole story is pure speculation.

It could just as easily "Warnock could be bringing Wales trio to Cardiff City. Gareth Bale hinted he could be moving on from Real Madrid welsh fans would delight in seeing him in a City shirt blah blah blah.... Meanwhile Aaron Ramsey's future could be uncertain under new manager blah blah blah...... Joe Allen will surely be on way out of Stoke and a move to the Welsh capital is not out of the question.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Agreed Ole tactically didn’t have a clue. Would have loved to have seen the squad managed by someone decent. I’d be happy for us to sign a few bargain “continental types “ much better value and more chance of resale value.

Imagine the money we’d have to waste on Mark Noble!

BREXT MEANS BREXIT

We should avoid those kinds of players like the plague, old, past it & massive wages. No thanks.

I have a feeling that Snodgrass will be one of our signings!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    BREXT MEANS BREXIT

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I have a feeling that Snodgrass will be one of our signings!
    #metoo

Poor Neil, I bet he wishes he was the Fulham manager who will have 100 times more to spend

Warnock is in a difficult position. Does he plan to stay in the Premier League (which in itself would be as miraculous as our promotion) or for the season after when we are relegated according to the bookies. Looking at the teams that are likely to struggle next season it is hard to look beyond relegation as man for man our squad is infinitely inferior to the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford, West Ham and Southampton and probably inferior to even Huddersfield. Even the three relegated clubs have better squads than ours!

Given the near impossible job Warnock will have to remain in the top flight the last thing he needs to do is recruit Premier league has beens such as those mentioned and needs to look for decent Championship and loan players to add to the squad and even many of those will be beyond the budget. I think he knows that and is likely to do the sensible and realistic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I don’t honestly think anyone has a clue who City are going to sign,if we are going to be hard nosed and realistic about things,I think we are looking at the best we can afford from the Championship ,who will be able to give us better long term value for money than has beens or mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I dont believe that the club has a good enough European network, to bring in a lot of cheaper unknown European talent.

I think the club will see a fair bit of spending (because the tv money is big). However all the other Premier league clubs will be spending bigger.
    We'll grab the left overs, just like the rash we are feeding off the unwanted and uglies.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We'll grab the left overs, just like the rash we are feeding off the unwanted and uglies.
    Unless we get good cheap players in.... in which case it shows the club are clearly more knowledgeable than fans.

Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    I don’t honestly think anyone has a clue who City are going to sign,if we are going to be hard nosed and realistic about things,I think we are looking at the best we can afford from the Championship ,who will be able to give us better long term value for money than has beens or mercenaries.
    Wow - that's a sleeper account and a half! Register in July 2012 and this is your first post

At least we know what interests you now

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Wow - that's a sleeper account and a half! Register in July 2012 and this is your first post

At least we know what interests you now
    Happy to be here,believe it or not,i’m a daily visitor to the site,who for whatever reason,has been unable to log on for years!!,long term season ticket holder,first game was 1961-2 season Chelsea home 5-2, favourite player Tony Villars, who scored my favourite goal, against Palace which kept us up in 74,now i’m in I hope to contribute a tad more regularly!.

Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Happy to be here,believe it or not,i’m a daily visitor to the site,who for whatever reason,has been unable to log on for years!!,long term season ticket holder,first game was 1961-2 season Chelsea home 5-2, favourite player Tony Villars, who scored my favourite goal, against Palace which kept us up in 74,now i’m in I hope to contribute a tad more regularly!.
    Welcome Oliver..had the same problem for a couple of years..MM sorted it out