+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Warnock, who accepts his budget will be limited this summer,"........

Re: "Warnock, who accepts his budget will be limited this summer,"........

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    "Tan has been bitchin about premier league since relegation. “His club NEEDS”, to be in the premier league etc. Now he gets a hefty and much needed cash injection, but goes about it like a cheap skank!?"

What would you do in the circumstances? Would you be prepared to sink around 15% of your net wealth into the football club and continue to support it to the tune of around £1m a month and then put up with criticism from disgruntled supporters. If I were Tan I would take a hefty chunk of his investment out especially when some "fans" continue to criticise. The proposal to shop for players in the bargain basement is the right one because even if £100m was spent on players the likliehood would be that the club would still struggle in the Premier League.
    What fans think or not is really not relevant. The club need to progress to survive, and for that to happen there need to be investments. Warnock is talking about 6 players. The warchest for that to happen with the quality needed is arround 40 to 50 millions. It’s not about going all Malky in the Market, it’s still a small investment I’m sorry to say.
    There is not a chance in hell this team will survive without it. IF Tan wants his money back, now is not the time to do that. But if he want to, he should just pack up and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The thing is - to change our style of play, and start passing it around like brentford would require a massive investment, which we can't afford to do at the same time as strengthening.
    We have to stick to the principles that got us promoted and improve on those.
    I’m not suggesting a change of style (although I would prefer it)..I’m suggesting we need more quality,precision and pace in the team.
    They can’t battle their way out at this level. They will run them self to the ground chasing both the ball and quicker players. And they need to manage to string more than two passes together. We need a strong defence. Be quick and precise on the counter and be good on set pieces.Thats my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    What fans think or not is really not relevant. The club need to progress to survive, and for that to happen there need to be investments. Warnock is talking about 6 players. The warchest for that to happen with the quality needed is arround 40 to 50 millions. It’s not about going all Malky in the Market, it’s still a small investment I’m sorry to say.
    There is not a chance in hell this team will survive without it. IF Tan wants his money back, now is not the time to do that. But if he want to, he should just pack up and leave.
    You could spend a £100m on the team and even then the club would have little chance of survival. Look at the relegated sides and those near the bottom of the Premier league and then compare them with ours. They are far superior in terms of manpower. Spending heavily to survive is not the answer. It seems from what little information is available that the club will not be spending heavily so I can only presume the intention is to plan for the Championship the season after next and to preserve the long term future of the club going forward without the heavy reliance we have received so far from Tan. That seems to me to be the sensible approach as preserving the long term future of the club is infinitely preferable to spending huge sums of money and then get relegated putting the future of the club at risk. We have been there before and it has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Its a difficult one when you look at it.

What is the money we gain from the premier league £190m is bandied about, but from my understanding that is a £100m payment for this year and the other £90 will be from parachute payments over the next 4 years.

What is our wage bill annually at the moment £25m?

So if we double our wage bill (which will still put us £10 a year below Aston Villa last season), and spend £30 million. We will hit £80m of our £100m first year payment, but bear in mind we will then take an £50m wage bill with us to the championship.

When you look at the £25m asked for Maddison, it shows the position we are in.
    This article says Fulham could net about £280 million if they survive for one season in the Premier League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44238566

You could swear we were heading into a battle in the dungeon reading some of this doom and gloom.

Has anyone actually watched some of the crap at the bottom of the PL?. Swansea got over 30 points. Id have backed our current line up to have bullied their lightweight line up for starters.

If they got 30 our current lot can do it as well and thats without incomings.

We are going to bring something completely different to the table and there will be sides that wont cope.

We may get relegated. We are far from certainties from the drop though.

I think if we signed nobody wed end up with between 28-32 points. We need that little bit extra quality to get us safe.

I think we will stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This article says Fulham could net about £280 million if they survive for one season in the Premier League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44238566
    I would imagine that is £100m for 1 season, another £100m for the second season and the £80m would then be parachute payments.

Im no expert on this but that is my take on the £190 million figure.

When you break it down and add in a wage bill on top it is easy to see it getting eaten up quite quickly with transfer values being bandied about.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Since the rebrand and relegation I have always wondered what Tan's end game is - and the least worst scenario for him is to trouser as much money as possible next season in the Premiership in order to cut his losses.
    Self inflicted losses at that. This, for me, is why his failure to convert debt to equity is such a massive issue. Had he done what he said he was doing, you would now have a debt free club with a massive windfall and enough cash to make a decent stab at staying up.

Debt free was by 2021 I thought?

Even if Warnock has a limited budget I doubt we will make much of a profit to make a big dent into the debt.

Vincent Tan is likely to be our owner for many years. No one is going to buy him out. Come 2021 even if we are debt free I doubt wed have a buyer. Even then its likely to be a different foreign consortium.

More than happy with the way Vincent Tan is running the club now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Debt free was by 2021 I thought?

Even if Warnock has a limited budget I doubt we will make much of a profit to make a big dent into the debt.

Vincent Tan is likely to be our owner for many years. No one is going to buy him out. Come 2021 even if we are debt free I doubt wed have a buyer. Even then its likely to be a different foreign consortium.

More than happy with the way Vincent Tan is running the club now.
    Sense

Sense
    Burnley were one of lowest spenders last season. How did they do?

With clubs of our size the more money we spend the worse we seem to do at that level. Remember how much qpr spent before? Crazy money and they were awful.

Ironically the clubs who do best like Swansea Bournemouth and Burnley are the ones who spend the least.

At our level we can’t attract genuine quality so we just end up spending loads on average. Better off spending less on commitment and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

With clubs of our size the more money we spend the worse we seem to do at that level. Remember how much qpr spent before? Crazy money and they were awful.

Ironically the clubs who do best like Swansea Bournemouth and Burnley are the ones who spend the least.

At our level we can’t attract genuine quality so we just end up spending loads on average. Better off spending less on commitment and potential.
    Despite the outliers there is a strong correlation between operating budget and league position.

Oh, is it debt free by 2021 now? 9 years after the initial promise, and still no firm commitment on debt to equity conversion.

Exactly.

Its good to see the club being run sensibly. Im not conceding relegation but if it comes we will be in a far better position than last time.

It wouldnt matter if we were debt free. Overspending with a debt free club can still put you in the sh!t if you go down. Jacks somehow have a cash flow problem and their season has only just ended.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update...-issue-shares/

Pretty sure Langston and other debts which were threatening our existence have been paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Oh, is it debt free by 2021 now? 9 years after the initial promise, and still no firm commitment on debt to equity conversion.
    Not sure why you even care?

Self inflicted losses at that. This, for me, is why his failure to convert debt to equity is such a massive issue. Had he done what he said he was doing, you would now have a debt free club with a massive windfall and enough cash to make a decent stab at staying up.
    Its only a massive issue for you and a couple of others. You continually drag this up at any opportunity you can and derail threads onto the topic because it suits your agenda. Presumably a 'decent stab' to you would be spending £50-£60m like last time on players who werent good enough and were only interested in taking the money and running. The money put into the club by Tan is his own personal fortune. Like to see you right off £120-£130m of your money at a stroke, like you suggest he should do. He is converting his debt into equity at a sensible rate bearing in mind the clubs situation to date and FFP rules.

Anyway - right back , 2 central midfielders , winger - all quality - we stay up.

Anyway - right back , 2 central midfielders , winger - all quality - we stay up.
    Completely agree.
    Even then there's a chance we go down so contracts have to have relegation clauses.

2 good loans. 4 decent ish fees and with a bit of luck a bargain buy or 2 may come good.

We are more than capable of having a right go at this. Cant believe some of the negativity.

Burnley have spent big on some players in the two years:

Brady 15m
    Hendrick 12m
    Defour 8m
    Westwood 5m
    Gudmundsson 3m
    Pope 1m

Wood 15m
    Cork 9m
    Wells 5m
    Walters 2m
    Lennon 2m

Every side in the Premier League spent more than 10m on a player last season, including Huddersfield.

Bournemouth and Swansea have both spent loads. Defoe is on more than 80k a week ffs. Swansea had the Ayews, Bony and 2 very expensive loan players. Burnley have done well by not spending loads but it's hardly like they've spent nothing either.

We are desperate for another striker as well as Zohore. People can hope all they want but Madine isn't going to score enough in the premier league.

2 good loans. 4 decent ish fees and with a bit of luck a bargain buy or 2 may come good.

We are more than capable of having a right go at this. Cant believe some of the negativity.
    We should be preparing to be relegated though.
    In my opinion you can split the league into 2 groups. Those who could win the league in the next 5 years and those who could be relegated in the next 5 years, and we are very much in the latter. More than half the league should be planning for relegation if they have any sense.

Not sure why you even care?
    Yeah, a person promising to wipe out £68m of debt "immediately" and not doing it is obviously something not to care about. After all, the Premier League is all that really matters. Everything will definitely be fine now.

Yeah, a person promising to wipe out £68m of debt "immediately" and not doing it is obviously something not to care about. After all, the Premier League is all that really matters. Everything will definitely be fine now.
    The question wasn't it is worth worrying about, it was why do YOU care?