Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
Ole's signings are unlikely to have disrupted things last time as it was the time where Tan was boasting he could do it better than Malky.

How many players did we have last season who fit into that experienced mould you're talking about? Most of ours were lower leagues or cast offs. I wouldn't want to sign the 2018 version of Kevin Nolan on a 2 year and high wage deal who won't want to play in the Championship or won't be effective in year 2.
I know Nolan is just an example here but twice he went down to the championship and both times scored a load of goals to get promoted back the first time of asking. Why wouldn't this be the kind of senior pro that we need?

The squad screams inexperience of playing at the highest level. We do need people who know what it's all about. Phil Jagielka could probably still play 15-20 games a season and would bring something we don't currently have. I don't know who is available and what terms they would want but I really hope Neil brings a few quality players to compliment what we already have.