+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Warnock, who accepts his budget will be limited this summer,"........

Re: "Warnock, who accepts his budget will be limited this summer,"........

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Its only a massive issue for you and a couple of others. You continually drag this up at any opportunity you can and derail threads onto the topic because it suits your agenda. Presumably a 'decent stab' to you would be spending £50-£60m like last time on players who werent good enough and were only interested in taking the money and running. The money put into the club by Tan is his own personal fortune. Like to see you right off £120-£130m of your money at a stroke, like you suggest he should do. He is converting his debt into equity at a sensible rate bearing in mind the clubs situation to date and FFP rules.
    He is on video heralding £68m of debt to equity conversion "immediately". February 2017. Has he said why this hasn't happened?

The debt that needs to be converted is the debt that he accrued. He initially said it was investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Burnley have spent big on some players in the two years:

Brady 15m
    Hendrick 12m
    Defour 8m
    Westwood 5m
    Gudmundsson 3m
    Pope 1m

Wood 15m
    Cork 9m
    Wells 5m
    Walters 2m
    Lennon 2m

Every side in the Premier League spent more than 10m on a player last season, including Huddersfield.
    I can see us doing a similar sort of business. Wood and Hendrick are well over priced in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The question wasn't it is worth worrying about, it was why do YOU care?
    Because I'd quite like for there to be a sustainable club in Cardiff once Tan has left. Not one where new owners are bogged down having to sort out another mess from another irresponsible owner.

You should care too - it's apparently affecting the clubs purchasing power this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Because I'd quite like for there to be a sustainable club in Cardiff once Tan has left. Not one where new owners are bogged down having to sort out another mess from another irresponsible owner.

You should care too - it's apparently affecting the clubs purchasing power this summer.
    To be honest, the club seems better run than in a long while, whether the money invested is in debt or equity is of little consequence to me, as long as we aren't being charged extortionate rates for the debt like in the bad old days.

I doubt that's the case. It doesn't help Tan got his fingers burnt last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I can see us doing a similar sort of business. Wood and Hendrick are well over priced in my opinion.
    Over priced perhaps but they're two of Burnley's best players now. They'd spend it again, so I'd say it was worth it. Brady on the other hand... (admittedly he's had injury problems).

He is on video heralding £68m of debt to equity conversion "immediately". February 2017. Has he said why this hasn't happened?

The debt that needs to be converted is the debt that he accrued. He initially said it was investment.
    It was February 2016 not 2017.

Dalman subsequently spoke about Malaysian regulatory compliance problems that prevented conversion in one go, and that he had advised Tan to take a more gradual approach to conversion.

Tan has converted and written off a significant amount of debt and appears to be committed to carrying on with that every year. I am pretty sure the combined figure is £30m+.

We have covered all this in detail many times - including quoting the most up to date figures after the annual accounts become available and Keith Morgan does his regular commentaries - and I believe you have been all over every one of those threads.

Why are you pretending ignorance now?

Can we not let one of the few interesting threads descend into this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agreed. BIS is like a stuck record...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Agreed. BIS is like a stuck record...
    Looks like I've stepped into another echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It was February 2016 not 2017.

Dalman subsequently spoke about Malaysian regulatory compliance problems that prevented conversion in one go, and that he had advised Tan to take a more gradual approach to conversion.

Tan has converted and written off a significant amount of debt and appears to be committed to carrying on with that every year. I am pretty sure the combined figure is £30m+.

We have covered all this in detail many times - including quoting the most up to date figures after the annual accounts become available and Keith Morgan does his regular commentaries - and I believe you have been all over every one of those threads.

Why are you pretending ignorance now?
    So what is the current rate of conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What do you think needs doing to the ground?
    Tiers added to the ends, take capacity up to 38k (fill in corners to 42k as well if needs be). Strike when then iron is hot. Construction prices are going up all the time. The current tier expansion was lamented by a few as a folly, how wrong are they now, it was an inspired decision and the European Super Cup and most Wales games wouldn't be played here without it. It will even pay for itself within 5-10 years. Build and they will come...

Quote Originally Posted by GrangetownLurker View Post
    Tiers added to the ends, take capacity up to 38k (fill in corners to 42k as well if needs be). Strike when then iron is hot. Construction prices are going up all the time. The current tier expansion was lamented by a few as a folly, how wrong are they now, it was an inspired decision and the European Super Cup and most Wales games wouldn't be played here without it. It will even pay for itself within 5-10 years. Build and they will come...
    42k? You're crackers.
    Imagine playing the following season with 14k fans in a 42 capacity stadium

So what is the current rate of conversion?
    I'm sure you're more than capable of finding all the relevant material and performing the complicated analysis required to work out that information.

It would be best if you don't distract yourself by posting here whilst doing that, better to focus your immense intellect upon that single arduous task.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Tan has been bitchin about premier league since relegation. “His club NEEDS”, to be in the premier league etc. Now he gets a hefty and much needed cash injection, but goes about it like a cheap skank!?

That, and Warnock’s very limited scouting range is not going to end well!

You could say the team needs only this and that. They ended second. Team spirit etc.
    We got the points needed...

But the truth is, and I can’t stress this enough. We can’t play football! We can fight, but we can’t play. Going through the championship with our stats, we are going to get murdered in the premier league. Wake up and smell the coffee!
    won't smell the coffee in my house, I don't drink it.

It aggrevates my gout!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'm sure you're more than capable of finding all the relevant material and performing the complicated analysis required to work out that information.

It would be best if you don't distract yourself by posting here whilst doing that, better to focus your immense intellect upon that single arduous task.
    Used to get these sort of responses when I was questioning Hammam's spending at Cardiff.

Used to get these sort of responses when I was questioning Hammam's spending at Cardiff.
    If it isn't the message that's wrong then maybe it's the delivery

Well, not from me as I didn't post around that time.

So get busy with your taxing research then.

Well, not from me as I didn't post around that time.

So get busy with your taxing research then.
    Not sure I need to, others here seemed to have all the answers at lunchtime today.

Not sure I need to, others here seemed to have all the answers at lunchtime today.
    Good, you therefore have the answers to your well crafted questions.

Good, you therefore have the answers to your well crafted questions.
    All those questions need are answers from the well informed people mentioned some moments ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yep ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I have a feeling that Snodgrass will be one of our signings!
    Thought he had a stinker in the play off final. Not alone but one of the big time Charlies who let them down.

Snodgrass has no pace. Warnock will want pace wide. I dont think its out of the question that he moves for him but id be suprised if he signs him to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Snodgrass has no pace. Warnock will want pace wide. I dont think its out of the question that he moves for him but id be suprised if he signs him to play there.
    Yeah, if anywhere would be as part of a CM 3