+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luke Freeman QPR as recommended by 442

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Luke Freeman QPR as recommended by 442

luke_freeman.jpg

"Neil Warnock’s Cardiff combined defensive steel with a direct approach to defy the odds and secure promotion. But a team usually needs more than this if they’re to survive in the Premier League – and former Arsenal academy star Freeman could add creativity and industry to help the Bluebirds survive.

The 26-year-old midfielder managed 12 assists in a poor QPR team last season, and could be a target for a number of Premier League clubs looking for a relatively inexpensive option in attacking areas."

Courtesy of Four Four Two

Re: Luke Freeman QPR as recommended by 442

I'd be happy with him or luongo.
    Matt Smith could be a good bench option too

Good player along with Woods at Brentford.

We need flair players with effort and steel , don't want any more of the Kennyne Jones, Tomlin crap , I'm a superstar, no effort , overpaid ,over hyped rubbish .

I like Freeman and said about him in the realistic players thread

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We need flair players with effort and steel , don't want any more of the Kennyne Jones, Tomlin crap , I'm a superstar, no effort , overpaid ,over hyped rubbish .
    ooh and nutters

No flair just kicking seems to be the type of players some on here are intent on signing.

Yes a big reason we went up was our solid defence but hoilet, Mendez Laing, Ralls and Zohore adding some quality on top of that were what got us up.

We are desperate for a quality wide player, striker, a paced fullback and attacking midfielder. We need some steel but we’ve got enough work horse water carriers as it is.

Last time Warnock got promoted he signed bothroyd, Wright-Phillips, Kieron dyer, Luke young and anton Ferdinand. I don’t know why people think he’ll be signing just hard men who only kick other players up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Last time Warnock got promoted he signed bothroyd, Wright-Phillips, Kieron dyer, Luke young and anton Ferdinand. I don’t know why people think he’ll be signing just hard men who only kick other players up in the air.
    Recently I re-read Warnock's autobiography "The Gaffer", from the point where QPR were 6 games from promotion to when he was sacked early in the New Year. I thoroughly recommend this book, particularly if you are really interested in Warnock's approach to going into the Premier League with an average squad, a small budget and (in QPR's case) absolute chaos at the top and no support for the manager.

He is by no means narrow-minded about players he looks at or wants to sign.

He might surprise us.

I’ve just finished it too, really good book I definitely recommend it.

Hope he retires with us and writes another one picking up from being sacked at Leeds, through Rotherham and to us.