+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Give him a trial Neil

Give him a trial Neil

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44300269

_101806952_strims.jpg

"Maybe a club will see something and decide to give me a chance," said Bolt,

Usain Bolt vs NML and JH, How close could they get ? I`d pay to see that.

Re: Give him a trial Neil

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44300269

_101806952_strims.jpg

"Maybe a club will see something and decide to give me a chance," said Bolt,

Usain Bolt vs NML and JH, How close could they get ? I`d pay to see that.
    Sprinting in a straight line vs running with the ball.

Bolt, seemingly the only Jamaican not to have failed a drugs test would be toast against professionals.

Malky would have snapped him up by now for 20 million , saying he's one for the future

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Malky would have snapped him up by now for 20 million , saying he's one for the future
    I remember Cornilius standing with fans at the West Ham game, but oh what a cock up of a signing that was, it should never have got past the clubs board to be fair. Malkys biggest feck up I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Sprinting in a straight line vs running with the ball.

Bolt, seemingly the only Jamaican not to have failed a drugs test would be toast against professionals.
    I thought we did ok this season with a bit of kick and run at times ? He thinks he is worth a go , what`s to lose ?

Would suit our style, and I imagine there would be a sizeable commercial factor, although he'd probably want to retain all rights.

Would probably get injured in the first game and retire

I thought we did ok this season with a bit of kick and run at times ? He thinks he is worth a go , what`s to lose ?
    Yup, forgot our players just purely ran in straight lines, honest.

Bolt thinks he's a footballing legend. He has done for many years.

Maybe, just maybe he's a bit shit at football?

I'd rather Warnock went with actual players than PR stunts.

I seem to recall Daley Thompson ended up playing a few games for Reading or Oxford or someone?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Yup, forgot our players just purely ran in straight lines, honest.

Bolt thinks he's a footballing legend. He has done for many years.

Maybe, just maybe he's a bit shit at football?

I'd rather Warnock went with actual players than PR stunts.
    Vinnie loves a bit of good publicity and that`s fine, Good PR is fine too as I think the club can actually manage it very well nowadays. I can`t see anything negative coming from a trial to be honest. We will soon enough see where we stand in terms of signings and the calibre of players we are likely to attract. Like you mate I only want the best for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I seem to recall Daley Thompson ended up playing a few games for Reading or Oxford or someone?
    Mansfield and Stevenage according to Wikipedia

I remember Cornilius standing with fans at the West Ham game, but oh what a cock up of a signing that was, it should never have got past the clubs board to be fair. Malkys biggest feck up I think.
    Plenty of excitement on here at the time of the signing. I was a "dissenter" - pointing out that the Danish league was shit (Eric the Half a Stat had a stat to prove I was wrong) - but there weren't many others.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Mansfield and Stevenage according to Wikipedia
    My memory was Reading - he was on the sub bench against Cardiff. Can remember listening to the radio commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    My memory was Reading - he was on the sub bench against Cardiff. Can remember listening to the radio commentary.
    As pointed out above, Wikipedia states he played professionally for Mansfield and Stevenage and then non league for Ilkeston. No mention of Reading. He may have trained with Reading at some point but possibly only in a fitness coaching capacity.