Funny if true

Re: Funny if true

It isn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It isn’t
    Who pissed on your corn flakes?

The Chief Executive of a government agency I once worked for had to attend a parliamentary committee. On the train to Westminster he had a last minute review of his briefing material which was in a file with a classification of "Not for National Audit Office Eyes".

He was welcomed to the Public Accounts Committee hearing by the Chair, who he recognised as the person sitting opposite him on the train. The first question was along the lines of "Given that the NAO has unrestricted access to people, data and documentation for the public sector bodies within the scope of its service why does your organisation use filing conventions denying them that access"!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

We’re in a motorway service station and we buy some food including a kit kat
    The place is quite crowded so we share a table with a chap in a suit who is reading newspaper and drinking tea
    We put our stuff down and get ourselves sorted and we proceed to eat our food
    The chap leans over and breaks off and eats two fingers of a kit kat
    I’m stunned
    My partner looks at me and leans over and takes a bite out of the other two fingers gives the rest to me and I finish it off. We’re very happy with this because we think he’s a cheeky sod
    We finish our drinks and returned to the car.
    I’m reaching in my bag for the car keys when I also pull out the kit kat we had just bought
    I totally forgot that I put in my bag to make it easier to carry the rest of the food

I should have gone back into apologise but lacking the requisite level of moral fibre I fkd off as quick as I could

Never been able to face going into that services again

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Very similar to the car park story that's being doing the rounds for donkey's years.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    We’re in a motorway service station and we buy some food including a kit kat
    The place is quite crowded so we share a table with a chap in a suit who is reading newspaper and drinking tea
    We put our stuff down and get ourselves sorted and we proceed to eat our food
    The chap leans over and breaks off and eats two fingers of a kit kat
    I’m stunned
    My partner looks at me and leans over and takes a bite out of the other two fingers gives the rest to me and I finish it off. We’re very happy with this because we think he’s a cheeky sod
    We finish our drinks and returned to the car.
    I’m reaching in my bag for the car keys when I also pull out the kit kat we had just bought
    I totally forgot that I put in my bag to make it easier to carry the rest of the food

I should have gone back into apologise but lacking the requisite level of moral fibre I fkd off as quick as I could

Never been able to face going into that services again
    Did that really happen to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Very similar to the car park story that's being doing the rounds for donkey's years.
    You can't beat a good tale of cumupance, we all love it when an arrogant tosser gets to face the consequence of their actions. The only people who dislike these kind of stories are the pricks who are on the receiving end

Something similar happened to my ex. She was cut up on the road on the way to her job interview and although she was generally a placid lady she showed her ire - only to later find out it was the woman who was to interview her.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2015/01/17...glish-updated/

Knew I'd read it before

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who pissed on your corn flakes?
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    No. It’s funny but not true
    The story or several variations thereof has been going around for many years

Ah yes👍

Apologies my above reply was premature

Haha so embarassing!

Reminds me of the time I was with my mate in the bar, looking out for some tasty skirt. Eventually we got the eye from a couple of birds across the room so I told my mate to play it nice and cool, and leaned on to the bar all casual like. Unbeknownst to me, the barman had just been through and raised it, so I lent with all my weight and fell right on to the floor!

I was pretty ruffled by the whole thing and told my mate to drink up and left straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Haha so embarassing!

Reminds me of the time I was with my mate in the bar, looking out for some tasty skirt. Eventually we got the eye from a couple of birds across the room so I told my mate to play it nice and cool, and leaned on to the bar all casual like. Unbeknownst to me, the barman had just been through and raised it, so I lent with all my weight and fell right on to the floor!

I was pretty ruffled by the whole thing and told my mate to drink up and left straight away.
    That sounds hilarious tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That sounds hilarious tbf
    It was an alltime classic moment.

Yes the same thing happened in only fools and horses

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    You just ruined it

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    It's a sign of being subliminally mind-controlled when fictitious events become a part of a person's reality.

I was in The Anearun Bevan pub toilet on the gabalfa flyover about 6 years ago and had just sat down, when I heard a voice from the next cubicle, he said “Hi!, how are you?”

Embarrassed, I said, “I’m doing fine”.

The voice said “So what are you up to?”.

I said, “Just doing the same as you, sitting here!”.

From next door, “Can I come over?”. Annoyed, I said, “rather busy right now”.

The voice said, “Listen, I will have to call you back, there’s an idiot next door answering all my questions

I almost died of embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Haha so embarassing!

Bet you felt like a 'fool 'for 'horsing' around

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Going off on a tangent here, but here's the fight mentioned at the end of that article, and it is insane

https://youtu.be/jvCHk_kKpVI

That would have been stopped a long time before these days

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bet you felt like a 'fool 'for 'horsing' around
    I was so furious I gave my mini a damn good thrashing with some bits of tree.