Thread: Marco Silva

Marco Silva

New Everton manager

Re: Marco Silva

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    New Everton manager
    Aah, a manager appointment in a division we 'are' concerned with

Mike what do you mean this appointment is for the premier league, OH! that means we are in the premier league

This manager "merry-go round" is crazy. !

This fella is being rewarded after two failures, Hull relegated and was it no wins in 11 at Watford. ?

Crazy.

Is it worth having a sticky thread for all the transfer movements for our rival premier league clubs? I think a couple of sides have made a few signings already

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This manager "merry-go round" is crazy. !

This fella is being rewarded after two failures, Hull relegated and was it no wins in 11 at Watford. ?

Crazy.
    A worse record than Allardyce that's for sure.
    Now Everton can draw 2-2 instead of 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    A worse record than Allardyce that's for sure.
    Now Everton can draw 2-2 instead of 0-0.
    Which would you prefer to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Which would you prefer to watch?
    My team win.

My team win.
    Would you prefer to win 4-3 of 1-0? Being a team that aims to shut the other side out is more likely to be the latter and more likely be an Allardyce team.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Would you prefer to win 4-3 of 1-0? Being a team that aims to shut the other side out is more likely to be the latter and more likely be an Allardyce team.
    Like us last season then?
    The point I was making was that Allardyce has a far better PL record than Silva's (albeit short).
    I really don't rate him.

Like us last season then?
    The point I was making was that Allardyce has a far better PL record than Silva's (albeit short).
    I really don't rate him.
    At some clubs it can work - think Atletico Madrid where special bond between manager and fans, historical identity of being a workers club or, yes, us last year where again good relationship between manager and fans but also feck all of a budget - and some clubs it becomes ugly and unappealing. Everton see potential in Silva (but then they did in Koeman) and I don't think their club was one where only relative success via Allardyce (apart from number of shots his stats at Everton were good) was ever going to be accepted.

Next year we'll do well to win 10 games. Do you want to lose 1-0 or lose 4-3?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At some clubs it can work - think Atletico Madrid where special bond between manager and fans, historical identity of being a workers club or, yes, us last year where again good relationship between manager and fans but also feck all of a budget - and some clubs it becomes ugly and unappealing. Everton see potential in Silva (but then they did in Koeman) and I don't think their club was one where only relative success via Allardyce (apart from number of shots his stats at Everton were good) was ever going to be accepted.

Next year we'll do well to win 10 games. Do you want to lose 1-0 or lose 4-3?
    Neither