+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Red Seats above Ninian Stand.

Red Seats above Ninian Stand.

Has anyone sat up there and if so what's the view like. I have just purchased a season ticket in Block 514 but am concerned with some trepidation that I will need binoculars to view the match.

Re: Red Seats above Ninian Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Has anyone sat up there and if so what's the view like. I have just purchased a season ticket in Block 514 but am concerned with some trepidation that I will need binoculars to view the match.
    i sat in the disabled section at the bac of 514 the view is great except everyone stands up at times to see the near touchline whwen play is over this side other than that its fine

Great view up there imo just a bit of a twat getting up there

I can't see how some of the people at the southern end of the stand can see the nearest corner flag - as the stand is not flush with the pitch.

Don't worry, it's a great view, however you will need a portable oxygen cylinder to climb the fekkin stairs.

View is excellent from that block.
    Particularly the front.

You get a different perspective to being in the lower, a better view of the whole pitch and players relative positions on it.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i sat in the disabled section at the bac of 514 the view is great except everyone stands up at times to see the near touchline whwen play is over this side other than that its fine
    I'll have a word with Neil, and see if he can play our best players on the far side of the pitch in both halves

Sat up there for Wales games ,is a great view tbf

I sat up there for all of the Wales games during the last qualifiers. The view is certainly good in terms of being able to see play develop, but the atmosphere generally seems a bit flat and there is always an unavoidable feeling of detachment given the distance you are from the pitch. Also, as others have suggested, those stairs are a nightmare.

I had a fantastic view, and I was close to the corner on the canton side, for a wales game before, Its hard to believe you're in the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I had a fantastic view, and I was close to the corner on the canton side, for a wales game before, Its hard to believe you're in the CCS.
    Check out this World Cup Stadium

4506FE4100000578-4947998-image-a-69_1507117081864.jpg

Are the seats being changed to blue does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Don't worry, it's a great view, however you will need a portable oxygen cylinder to climb the fekkin stairs.
    Just take a walking stick and blag a ride in the lift.

Yes sat up there front row ,lovely view , bit high for me and the stairs, jeepers 98 of them, there is oxygen at the top though its defiantly above sea level

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just take a walking stick and blag a ride in the lift.
    when we sat in there I never saw such a conversation to disability status take place, some were cutting limbs off outside the lift doors other their gouging eyes out in front of the lift attendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    Slightly misjudged

I sit there for Wales games along the halfway line. The view is good although its best to be in the front rows as the corners of the far side of the pitch are quite distant. The concourse and facilities are very spacious and uncrowded compared to the other stands due to the relatively low number of seats up there, and don't be expecting a Canton stand atmosphere. There are a lot of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I sit there for Wales games along the halfway line. The view is good although its best to be in the front rows as the corners of the far side of the pitch are quite distant. The concourse and facilities are very spacious and uncrowded compared to the other stands due to the relatively low number of seats up there, and don't be expecting a Canton stand atmosphere. There are a lot of stairs.
    What I would add to this is that it can be very cold during the winter months - seems to be a bit colder than other parts of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'll have a word with Neil, and see if he can play our best players on the far side of the pitch in both halves
    He's already fixed it so that the people in the top tier get to see more of the ball.