+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couldn't happen to a nicer club

Re: Couldn't happen to a nicer club

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Chelski ,bought club ,by a dodgy individual ,from another dodgy owner ,may they crumble into despair and bankruptcy, when the man pulls the plug on his London vanity project and play toy.
    I'd love it if they crashed and burned ala Leeds.

Wow and I thought it was only Fulham fans who hate Chelsea, it must be universal

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not really fickle to want your team to succeed and others to fail.

More like you just jumped on the comment without thinking.
    I’d love every team we play next season to be injury ravished or in disarray. It’s your comment about them buying the league that’s fickle. Nowadays all the big teams in most countries buy the league. They aren’t committing a crime. Football is now all about money and nothing but money.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’d love every team we play next season to be injury ravished or in disarray. It’s your comment about them buying the league that’s fickle. Nowadays all the big teams in most countries buy the league. They aren’t committing a crime. Football is now all about money and nothing but money.
    They started it all and I’m more than happy to see them become a victim of it.

As most fans of other clubs would be.

I’d also be happy for any other one of the ‘top clubs’ to go the same way.,, whatever benefits our club as that’s my main priority.

There’s a lot more about Chelsea I dislike, so if this does lead them to go downhill then all the better.

Your comment was childish and flippant, but I guess you know that.

I’d also be happy for any other one of the ‘top clubs’ to go the same way.,, whatever benefits our club as that’s my main priority.

There’s a lot more about Chelsea I dislike, so if this does lead them to go downhill then all the better.

Your bitter about them buying the league. Your another one who seems to thrive on having the last word. So just reply, and we’ll draw a line under it.

Your bitter about them buying the league. Your another one who seems to thrive on having the last word. So just reply, and we’ll draw a line under it.
    Just a quick question, are you happy with all the money that, in many respects, is ruining the Premier League as a competitive spectacle?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just a quick question, are you happy with all the money that, in many respects, is ruining the Premier League as a competitive spectacle?
    No Eric, I’m not. I’m old school, and much preferred the old style game, where teams would get a squad of players that gelled together and with the help of a top class manager, would go on to win the top flight title, such as Cloughs Forest, Graham’s Arsenal, Kendall’s Everton etc, but money has taken over in every top flight league in the world
    I’m not bitter about it though. It’s the way football has gone. Good luck to Chelsea fans, Man City fans, and fans of all mega rich teams in all leagues all over the world. I wouldn’t like to see any of them fall flat on their face. They are there to be shot at, and we can only dream that it will happen to us, as fans of teams like Rochdale, Scunthorpe etc can only dream of being in the position that we are in.

No you’ve missed the point.
    Then winning the league had no effect on City at all.
    Why would I be bitter about it ?

It would only have been Man U, Kiveroool etc otherwise.

But if Chelsea end up having to cut their budget then there is a slightly bigger possibility that we may get a point off them at some point.

Do you get it now ?

I’d be just as happy if it was anyone else in the prem.

The fact I don’t like them just makes it better, but if it was Liverpool, Man U, Man City then that would’ve good too.

The fact that they have bought success allows me to feel like this without guilt as their fans have had more success than they could have dreamt of for years.

Bitter 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    2013 winners Man Utd finished 7th in 2014
    2014 winners Man City finished 2nd in 2015
    2015 winners Chelsea finished 10th in 2016
    2016 winners Leicester finished 12th in 2017
    2017 winners Chelsea finished 5th in 2018

I don't think the Premier League is perfect, but it's recovered from the two horse race of Arsenal and Man Utd from about 97-04 and it's a whole lot more competitive than any major European league has been that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    The design looks unique, flamboyant and opulent. Be honest, would you not swap that design for the CCS? I respect your opinion if your answer is no, but my guess is most of our fans would swap if somehow they were given the choice.
    A magnificent addition for Chelsea. I don't give much thought about CCS. I really enjoy it, perhaps its because I can only make 3 games a season.

But if Chelsea end up having to cut their budget then there is a slightly bigger possibility that we may get a point off them at some point.

Do you get it now ?

The fact I don’t like them just makes it better, but if it was Liverpool, Man U, Man City then that would’ve good too.

The fact that they have bought success allows me to feel like this without guilt as their fans have had more success than they could have dreamt of for years.

Bitter ����
    I don't see how this is necessarily good for us. It might increase our chances but it also increases the chances of all our rivals. Let's say they drop points to one more club in the bottom half than they would have otherwise - it's far more likely to be 'not us' than 'us'.

For a club who will probably struggle, it's actually far better for there to be more clubs that steamroller the fodder than less. Then we can concentrate on winning our games that matter, rather than have rivals picking up surprise three pointers here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I don't see how this is necessarily good for us. It might increase our chances but it also increases the chances of all our rivals. Let's say they drop points to one more club in the bottom half than they would have otherwise - it's far more likely to be 'not us' than 'us'.

For a club who will probably struggle, it's actually far better for there to be more clubs that steamroller the fodder than less. Then we can concentrate on winning our games that matter, rather than have rivals picking up surprise three pointers here and there.
    I understand your logic but..

The more they have taken away from them the more chance they become one of the teams fighting near the bottom.

That’s what they were before they had the money thrown at them.

I can remember them in the 80s bring relegated and even losing against us as a 4th division club in the Cup.

They weren’t a ‘top 6’ club before Abramovich and won’t be without him.

I know it might seem fanciful, but if thy struggle then there is also a European place available for one club... it would be nice to see another club get this.. Burnley and Leicester have done it, so maybe one day us if we can stay up and build for a few seasons

Do you get it now ?

Bitter 😂😂
    You are really clutching at straws here.
    You’d have been better off just saying you don’t like Chelsea and all they stand for.

They weren’t a ‘top 6’ club before Abramovich and won’t be without him.

1992-93 11th
    1993-94 14th
    1994-95 11th
    1995-96 11th
    1996-97 6th
    1997-98 4th
    1998-99 3rd
    1999-2000 5th
    2000-01 6th
    2001-02 6th
    2002-03 4th

All before Abramovich. I could bore you further with their Cup wins and Champions League performances in this period.

Fact is, even if Abramovich leaves it won't be with immediate effect, and there are plenty of wealthy (maybe even wealthier) people who will buy the club off him.

You are really clutching at straws here.
    You’d have been better off just saying you don’t like Chelsea and all they stand for.
    Thought you said the last post was your last.

Why should I lie ? Just because you have ?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

1992-93 11th
    1993-94 14th
    1994-95 11th
    1995-96 11th
    1996-97 6th
    1997-98 4th
    1998-99 3rd
    1999-2000 5th
    2000-01 6th
    2001-02 6th
    2002-03 4th

All before Abramovich. I could bore you further with their Cup wins and Champions League performances in this period.

Fact is, even if Abramovich leaves it won't be with immediate effect, and there are plenty of wealthy (maybe even wealthier) people who will buy the club off him.
    Absolutely correct. They won the Champions League about 5 years ago and they're a leading club in the richest money league in the world. It's absolute fantasy to think that Cardiff could overtake them as they fight at the bottom of the table.

Thought you said the last post was your last.

Why should I lie ? Just because you have ?
    Lol! You’ll say any old drivel to get that last word. On you go. I promise I won’t reply this time. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

1992-93 11th
    1993-94 14th
    1994-95 11th
    1995-96 11th
    1996-97 6th
    1997-98 4th
    1998-99 3rd
    1999-2000 5th
    2000-01 6th
    2001-02 6th
    2002-03 4th

Fair play, your obsession with me knows no bounds 😂

To go to all that effort.. I should be flattered, but it’s a bit creepy really.

Bet you couldn’t wait to run off and research all that 😂

Simply Chelsea would not be where they are without Abramovich’s money and if it is cut off then there is a chance they can be dragged back down a level, which I believe would be good for us.
    If he didn’t have th we problems then that chance would not exist.

Nothing more sinister than that.

I’m not one to generalise usually.

But Chelsea and their fans really are twats.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

so so true

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

I take it you’ve met them all?

No 2nd team for me Sonny. Cardiff born Cardiff bred. Only 1 team for me. Just amused at the stance of the likes of you and Lawnmower. Most teams in their respective countries “ buy “ their league. It’s the way of the football world now. If Abramovich had taken over us and bought the premier league title we’d all be creaming ourselves..
    Fickle football fans. You gotta luv em!
    I have read enough in this thread alone to make me think that you are of questionable character and should be denied being taken seriously.

For starters, comparing Abramovich and “a muslim” is dangerously simplistic.

You assume that people find chelsea disagreeable purely because of the moneybags label when there are plenty of other non-money reasons to dislike them.

I also want your 2nd team to vanish from the face of the planet.

........... just realsied! This is Cedric! It all becomes clear!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I have read enough in this thread alone to make me think that you are of questionable character and should be denied being taken seriously.

For starters, comparing Abramovich and “a muslim” is dangerously simplistic.

You assume that people find chelsea disagreeable purely because of the moneybags label when there are plenty of other non-money reasons to dislike them.

I also want your 2nd team to vanish from the face of the planet.

........... just realsied! This is Cedric! It all becomes clear!
    The Muslim post was tongue in cheek. Waiting for someone to pounce, and Harry Monk duly obliged!
    As for the rest of your post, then I’ll not bother. Don’t want to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent!

Fair play, your obsession with me knows no bounds 😂

To go to all that effort.. I should be flattered, but it’s a bit creepy really.

Bet you couldn’t wait to run off and research all that 😂

Simply Chelsea would not be where they are without Abramovich’s money and if it is cut off then there is a chance they can be dragged back down a level, which I believe would be good for us.
    If he didn’t have th we problems then that chance would not exist.

Nothing more sinister than that.
    That is a pathetic response. You were incorrect in saying Chelsea were not a top 6 club before Abramovich. I'd have posted that regardless of who made the claim. Saying that I am "obsessed" with you hints a little more about your state of paranoia than it does my obsession.

Cardiff would not be where they are without Tan's money. Man City would not be where they are without the Qatari money. Real Madrid would not be.... you get the picture. The difference between Chelsea and, say, Burnley or Stoke or Cardiff is that there are people lining up to replace Abramovich. Even without Abramovich's money, Chelsea are not going to suddenly become a bottom 6 club. They haven't been anywhere near that for the best part of 30 years. Chelsea look set to appoint a new manager, are actively being linked with players and have a turnover of about £360m a year. They are also debt free, and turned over a profit in their more recent accounts.

If Chelsea suddenly become a "weaker" team - then they will be a weaker team 38 times this season. Not just on the two weeks they play Cardiff! The transfer window closes before the season starts, which means there's even less time for Abramovich to cash in (not that he appears to be).

I now await the "stalker" response just because that's all I can expect from a jealous kid.

BTW - whilst you accuse me of being a stalker, you have partaken in a thread about me on a forum I have never posted on. As have a few others, including Nick, Dr Lecter, TH63 and a few others. I guess that isn't obsession, but posting facts to counter your argument is. Yet I am the creepy one.