Thread: Who will win the World Cup?

Re: Who will win the World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    England
    ABE

Germany
    Black Beauty
    Saudi Arabia - would be good to see one of the nice guys of the world get the recognition they deserve - if not them Russia - after all the hard work they put into getting the tournament I would be delighted if Putin got some deserved respect and plus their fans seem like a nice bunch and are due some success

Belgium.

Please, please, anybody but England.

Morocco are the dark horses.

I love the country and their people. They have a King that they love and they welcome tourism and they have much to see. Regarding their World Cup bid they have a superb security ethic as well.

Will get past the Group stages is my prediction which will mean Spain and or Portugal will not.

If they can get it all to come together instead of the usual behind the scenes fall outs then France probably have the best squad on paper.

England dark horses.

First Team

Spain look like the likely winners, what a team they have.
    France look in terrific form and have decent depth in their squad so they are my dark horses.
    England as the team to exceed expectations especially as no one appears to even be talking about the event.

Would like to see Belgium and Uruguay do well.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Please, please, anybody but England.
    No fear there.

Spain will win
    Croatia dark horsed
    Denmark - due to ancestry

Blue in the Face

Think England and Belgium could finally break through. They have fantastic squads. I wonder if the atmosphere in Russia might put off the English will though.

Wales's recent opponents Uruguay and Mexico I fancy for dark horses. You can also get good long odds on Serbia for the gamblers out there.

Senegal are an outsider team I'd like to see do well and think they'll get into the knockouts. Iceland for Gunnar too, but it might be that they've already achieved what they can.

Can't see what's special about the England squad tbh. Very little tournament experience too.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Can't see what's special about the England squad tbh. Very little tournament experience too.
    This is why it might work for them for once. They seem to have a squad to play systems and don't have the problem of shoe-horning superstars like they did in the Gerrard-Lampard-Beckam era. The test for them will be psychological I feel.

Germany of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    This is why it might work for them for once. They seem to have a squad to play systems and don't have the problem of shoe-horning superstars like they did in the Gerrard-Lampard-Beckam era. The test for them will be psychological I feel.
    They won't win it but, if they win the group they could get to the quarters. If second, I think they play Germany in the Round of 16?

Think England and Belgium could finally break through. They have fantastic squads. I wonder if the atmosphere in Russia might put off the English will though.

Wales's recent opponents Uruguay and Mexico I fancy for dark horses. You can also get good long odds on Serbia for the gamblers out there.

Senegal are an outsider team I'd like to see do well and think they'll get into the knockouts. Iceland for Gunnar too, but it might be that they've already achieved what they can.
    England's squad is anything but 'fantastic'.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Fair point, that comment was OTT. The have no depth in central midfield, but they have goals and pace. I just wonder if they have a good balance this year coupled with a slightly lower than usual pressure on the team. They could do with a Carrick type though,

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    They won't win it but, if they win the group they could get to the quarters. If second, I think they play Germany in the Round of 16?
    I don't have a good feeling about Germany this time round, though I can't back it up with any good reasons why. Whenever I've seen they're big players (apart from Kroos) in club games of late they haven't impressed like they have in the past. They always come good in the later round of tournaments though. Russia will very much be away territory for them more than any other team.

I'd like to see Germany play Brazil again because I reckon the Brazilians might get their revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Fair point, that comment was OTT. The have no depth in central midfield, but they have goals and pace. I just wonder if they have a good balance this year coupled with a slightly lower than usual pressure on the team. They could do with a Carrick type though,

Some very good teams in there Brazil Germany Spain Belgium portugal
    All look very strong and attacking line ups of Argentina and France are very good.

Shame Wales aren't there
    I'd probably say Germany but could be any one of those teams

I don't have a good feeling about Germany this time round, though I can't back it up with any good reasons why. Whenever I've seen they're big players (apart from Kroos) in club games of late they haven't impressed like they have in the past. They always come good in the later round of tournaments though. Russia will very much be away territory for them more than any other team.

I'd like to see Germany play Brazil again because I reckon the Brazilians might get their revenge.

Bastards got some great young players coming through again

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Bastards got some great young players coming through again
    World Cup 2018: England 'have 4% chance of winning in Russia'
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44383950

World Cup 2018: England 'have 4% chance of winning in Russia'
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44383950
    I was referring to zee Germans

Surprised no one has mentioned Brazil. Neymar is back. Most of their squad play in Europe anyway so all this about South American teams won't do well is bullshit i reckon.

France got real quality in every position three times over. Belgium have a lot of players at the peak of their powers. Can't believe they didn't pick naingolan though.

I think England are gonna be the surprise and do well, semis maybe.