+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Even if we get relegated Warnock must stay (should he want to continue managing)

Even if we get relegated Warnock must stay (should he want to continue managing)

Agreed?

Hope Tan has given him full confidence that even in a failing effort, he's not going to get fired. We shouldn't be here in the first place. Look at Dyche at Burnley a few years back, got relegated and brought them straight back up and they haven't looked back since!

Re: Even if we get relegated Warnock must stay (should he want to continue managing)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Agreed?

Hope Tan has given him full confidence that even in a failing effort, he's not going to get fired. We shouldn't be here in the first place. Look at Dyche at Burnley a few years back, got relegated and brought them straight back up and they haven't looked back since!
    Agreed - although we know how hysterical people are these days.

Re: Even if we get relegated Warnock must stay (should he want to continue managing)

I do wonder if we were relegated if Neil has the energy to go again..

I wonder if he keeps us up he may call it a day whilst he's on top , or become DOE.

the funny thing is, if we get relegated, there is not a better manager in the world to get us promoted out of the championship than Warnock, so keep 100% as you said this season is almost a free card

Blue in the Face

If we stay up it will be incredible. At this point I'm expecting us to go straight back down. The question is - how loyal and long are the memories of our fans? Will most remember the emotions of the last few months if we are bottom of the league after Xmas?

We must keep him, this coming season is a freebie really after he amazingly got us promoted against the odds.

Jeepers he'll be 110 before he retires.

It’s been proved that it’s easier to stay in Premiership than get promoted back,look at last all promoted clubs stayed up but none of relegated clubs got promoted. If we are in bottom 3 at Christmas we must get a proven Premiership manager who hasn’t been relegated. Warnock’s teams have been relegated on 4 occasions!

I've taken to Warnock. He's turned the club around from being a club that could have plummeted back to the darker reaches. I'm not sure we'd have done well in League 1, either.

However, I see a problem when somebody takes over from him. There's going to be fresh ideas, a different playing style and arguably a manager that is not as capable as getting as much from the players as Warnock did. No doubts Warnock, when he leaves, will leave the club in a significantly better state than when he came, but I pity the bloke that comes in afterwards. He'll have a big job on.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do wonder if we were relegated if Neil has the energy to go again..

I wonder if he keeps us up he may call it a day whilst he's on top , or become DOE.
    Duke of Edinburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've taken to Warnock. He's turned the club around from being a club that could have plummeted back to the darker reaches. I'm not sure we'd have done well in League 1, either.

However, I see a problem when somebody takes over from him. There's going to be fresh ideas, a different playing style and arguably a manager that is not as capable as getting as much from the players as Warnock did. No doubts Warnock, when he leaves, will leave the club in a significantly better state than when he came, but I pity the bloke that comes in afterwards. He'll have a big job on.
    For me, there is nothing worse for spectators than long ball football being played poorly. In the second half of last season, the saving grace was that we were winning the majority of our matches, but I know I, for one, will start criticising if we are playing like we did from Christmas onwards this season and being beaten in most games. Our manager talks about wanting to send fans home happy with goalmouth "thrills and spills" and Warnock sides did that most of the time during his first fourteen months or so in charge - he's deservedly earned another crack at the Premier League and should be given adequate time to try and get his methods, which haven't tended to work in the top flight before, to work this time, but I guarantee I won't be the only one moaning if we are in the bottom three getting beat every week come November while using what most would define as the "Warnock way".

I have absolutely no doubt ,Neill will be up the road (sacked like a dog) if we are struggling early .
    Anyone who believes otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.
    Just look at the way Ranieri was ejected at Leicester , he achieved more than Mr Warnock .

You are absolutely correct

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    You are absolutely correct
    Yes, he is correct in that comparison. However, Sean Dyche and not Ranieri, I prefer to use as my exemplar.

If our board were to back Mr Warnock, in the same way Burnley's did for Dyche, then it is not that far fetched.
    This backing also needs to come from the "fans", real fans and not from those who pretend to be and pipe up whenever it looks like there could be a negative spin put on a posting.

It might sound daft but I would take relegation here and now, provided we still have Warnock in charge, the board have stood by him and he sees out his extended contract (two or so years).

#warnockmustbebacked

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes, he is correct in that comparison. However, Sean Dyche and not Ranieri, I prefer to use as my exemplar.

If our board were to back Mr Warnock, in the same way Burnley's did for Dyche, then it is not that far fetched.
    This backing also needs to come from the "fans", real fans and not from those who pretend to be and pipe up whenever it looks like there could be a negative spin put on a posting.

It might sound daft but I would take relegation here and now, provided we still have Warnock in charge, the board have stood by him and he sees out his extended contract (two or so years).

#warnockmustbebacked
    For every Sean Dyche there are 20 Ranieris.

Burnley are a tiny club punching above their weight, Cardiff could be a fairly steady premier club with the right investment and manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    For every Sean Dyche there are 20 Ranieris.

Burnley are a tiny club punching above their weight, Cardiff could be a fairly steady premier club with the right investment and manager.
    I see your point but honour is a big thing to Tan and I'd like to think he would do the right thing by Warnock and let him at least see the season out, even if it meant relegation.

Harmony between owner, board, manager and fans I see as more important for my club than seeing the sacking the manager due to a few bad decisions or a run of bad luck in the hope of bagging a few million more bucks.

Perhaps I'm being an old romantic here.. or maybe it's my dislike of everything that is modern football.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I see your point but honour is a big thing to Tan and I'd like to think he would do the right thing by Warnock and let him at least see the season out, even if it meant relegation.

Harmony between owner, board, manager and fans I see as more important for my club than seeing the sacking the manager due to a few bad decisions or a run of bad luck in the hope of bagging a few million more bucks.

Perhaps I'm being an old romantic here.. or maybe it's my dislike of everything that is modern football.
    I am not advocating the sacking of Warnock , just stating the plain fact he WILL get sacked if results are not positive (above bottom 3 ) .
    We will all be screaming for his dismissal should we be in the bottom 3 struggling to beat the clubs we know we have to beat to survive.
    The reason plied for him to be sacked “ dinosaur “....” tactically inept for premier league “.
    His style of football may work with the correct footballers , we can only hope ,that said,there is no correct way to play football,just win games.

Football as I knew it has gone , The Greedy League is so popular worldwide, more money pours in ,quality gets better,
    more money pours in , everyone gets greedier..
    Look at the amount of people investing into the championship clubs with the hope of getting into the Greedy League, the fact we got out of it without huge spending is unbelievable.