Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Certainly not-and I don't mean that in a snobby way, I live in Birchgrove but was brought up in Ely-Llanedeyrn, so I've seen it all. I know i'm going to piss a few people off, but Caerphilly is a shithole, the town centre is dire, loads of very fat people or others with sticks, it's a poor area, the people have suffered. The further you go up the valley, the worse it seems to get. The levels of social poverty and lack of job opportunities is shocking. Something needs doing, I certainly wouldn't want to live there.
Cheeky Kent! Caerphilly is a lovely place to live. I moved here seven years ago after living in sunny Splott for many years and not regretted it once. On the rare occasions I drive down to Cardiff via Caerphilly Road/Birchgrove I see far more obese people with sticks in Birchgrove than in Caerphilly. The town and the retail park just outside contain everything I need to buy,although I must admit bar grocery shopping i get more and more stuff online these days. I can easily walk to the town which is less than ten minutes away for me. I have a dog and love walking and have some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK on my doorstep. I have a train station three minutes walk away, and from there it only takes 19 minutes to get to Queen Street.What the feck has Birchgrove got, that Caerphilly hasn't? I know the area very well having been brought up in Whitchurch. I can't think of one thing in it's favour, apart from the Cypriot cafe next to the Birch pub which I visit once a year whilst my car is being MOT'd by an old mate. I for one, have never regretted moving here.