+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should Ralls and Morrison set their sights on England caps?

Blue in the Face

Should Ralls and Morrison set their sights on England caps?

Is there a possibility that Ralls or Morrison can perform on the PL platform and earn England caps at some point? Or is this a bridge too far for them?

I would include Joe Bennett in this but England have a lot of young talent coming through at left back and think perhaps time is not on his side after the world cup. If he was younger, I would say he'd be the most likely.

Re: Should Ralls and Morrison set their sights on England caps?

Unless they both have the most incredible year in the Premiership, never in a million years.

Out of the two, Morrison more likely

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Unless they both have the most incredible year in the Premiership, never in a million years.

Have you seen England’s midfield selections in their 23 man squad? It’s not up to much

Ralls is only 24 and England's midfield is a million miles away from what it used to be

Madine for the Balon d'Or

Yes if Morrison if continues his development, why not , he's just turned 27 , he's your typical British defender ,he has a bit of the John Terry, Terry Butcher attitude about him .

Centre half's mature into thier game around the 28/29 /30 mark so the next 2 to 3 years are critical for him.

If he starts well we could see him the subject of a bid bid from the likes of Everton .

Ralls and Bennett no , eaning no disrepect too them, its just my humble view.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Madine for the Balon d'Or
    I hope Gary stays, I think he could be a useful last 20 /15 minute man.

Not so much a
    Balon d' Or but a serving served last as a Carte d'Or

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes if Morrison if continues his development, why not , he's just turned 27 , he's your typical British defender ,he has a bit of the John Terry, Terry Butcher attitude about him .

Centre half's mature into thier game around the 28/29 /30 mark so the next 2 to 3 years are critical for him.

If he starts well we could see him the subject of a bid bid from the likes of Everton .

Ralls and Bennett no , eaning no disrepect too them, its just my humble view.
    Sean is a v good champ defender but his pass completion rate is 55% that gives him an enormous hill to climb just to be proficeint in the prem never mind at international level?. John terrys pass completion last season was 84% btw

I wouldn't rule out a one off friendly cap like Jay Bothroyd got for Morrison or Ralls somewhere along the line, but no more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I hope Gary stays, I think he could be a useful last 20 /15 minute man.

Not so much a
    Balon d' Or but a serving served last as a Carte d'Or
    Why? What has he done so far to suggest he could make an impact in the Premier League? I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing in the Championship again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why? What has he done so far to suggest he could make an impact in the Premier League? I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing in the Championship again next season.
    I can't really support my reasoning other than , the premiership doesn't like that rough and tumble,type and my home made rhubarb gin is kicking in 😉