+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC Mare

Re: BBC Mare

Chicago Tribune 15 April 2018:

"With the tournament already on a tight timetable after being moved from the searing summer to the temperate winter, the proposal has raised the possibility of another Gulf state helping stage games. Qatar plans to use eight stadiums; this summer, Russia will employ 12."

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Yes, like I said I read it. But, as far as I can see, the 2022 cup is in Qatar and only Qatar. Unless we have something more substantial at this time, it's a BBC mare at worse, of the BBC being premature at best. Either way , they are currently incorrect to indicate that this final could well be the last one with a single host considering that 2022'is scheduled to be with a single host.

I know the fashion here is to blindly disagree with me so well done on being fashionable (for once).
    There are many sayings passed down from generation to generation that make people’s lives easier if they follow them. “A fool and his money are soon parted” That applied to me yesterday after betting on a dog.
    “When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging” This one applies to you on this thread BIS.

Here's another proverb which could be applied here...

"There are none so blind as those who will not see"

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Blimey, if that happens Russia could be the last single nation to host the World cup.

I don't think it's a good idea at all. And I Know that the referees, the players and all of the fans would hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea at all. And I Know that the referees, the players and all of the fans would hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    "Bad news, lads. WC is partly played in Iceland... "

"Boo, that's f*cking cold, I'm having a hamstring tear to get out of it"

"... but the rest is in Magaluf"

"F*cking have it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43919120

"This summer's World Cup in Russia could well be the last one staged by just one country for some time"

Yeah - until the next one which is being hosted by one nation.

I see what you did with that title.