+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC Mare

BBC Mare

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43919120

"This summer's World Cup in Russia could well be the last one staged by just one country for some time"

Yeah - until the next one which is being hosted by one nation.

Re: BBC Mare

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43919120

"This summer's World Cup in Russia could well be the last one staged by just one country for some time"

Yeah - until the next one which is being hosted by one nation.

"Meanwhile, there are signs that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar may have to be widened to include other Middle Eastern nations after world governing body Fifa said it could expand that tournament from 32 to 48 teams."

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    "Meanwhile, there are signs that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar may have to be widened to include other Middle Eastern nations after world governing body Fifa said it could expand that tournament from 32 to 48 teams."
    BIS mare.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    BIS mare.
    Never

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    BIS mare.
    Sink the BIS mare!

Yes, I had read that bit - but at the time of that article the 2022 world cup was being held in Qatar and only in Qatar. So, still a BBC mare I'm afraid.

Yes, I had read that bit - but at the time of that article the 2022 world cup was being held in Qatar and only in Qatar. So, still a BBC mare I'm afraid.
    The BBC quote you gave was "This summer's World Cup in Russia could well be the last one staged by just one country for some time".

Note, "could well be". Not "will be".

That is entirely consistent with the quote TBG provides which shows the context for the snippet you gave.

So... it's your mare. Embrace it. Accept it.

Am I missing something? The quote I highlighted was on the the very page that you posted the link for.

International

I am totally confused by a post from the OP that does not mention debt to equity , bad owner or red shirts etc etc.
    The world is tembling on it's axis!!!!!

Am I missing something? The quote I highlighted was on the the very page that you posted the link for.
    Yes, like I said I read it. But, as far as I can see, the 2022 cup is in Qatar and only Qatar. Unless we have something more substantial at this time, it's a BBC mare at worse, of the BBC being premature at best. Either way , they are currently incorrect to indicate that this final could well be the last one with a single host considering that 2022'is scheduled to be with a single host.

I know the fashion here is to blindly disagree with me so well done on being fashionable (for once).

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I am totally confused by a post from the OP that does not mention debt to equity , bad owner or red shirts etc etc.
    The world is tembling on it's axis!!!!!
    Odd, bordering on obsessive. Why do you want to make this thread about me? Why are you incorrectly portraying me as someone who just posts on Tan being a shit owner (in my opinion) when I post on many other topics?

I don't think people are blindly disagreeing with you.

I think they are disagreeing with you because you are wrong.

Did the OP actually read the article?

Yes, like I said I read it. But, as far as I can see, the 2022 cup is in Qatar and only Qatar. Unless we have something more substantial at this time, it's a BBC mare at worse, of the BBC being premature at best. Either way , they are currently incorrect to indicate that this final could well be the last one with a single host considering that 2022'is scheduled to be with a single host.

I know the fashion here is to blindly disagree with me so well done on being fashionable (for once).
    Your last sentence is ridiculous and rather ego-centric.

Your last sentence is ridiculous
    As is the opening sentence from the BBC article especially when the 2022 tournament is still being advertised by non other than FIFA as "QATAR 2022".

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I don't think people are blindly disagreeing with you.

I think they are disagreeing with you because you are wrong.
    Possibly, although I suspect if TOBW had pointed out the awful journalism from the Beeb in this article he'd have had a different response. Sorry TBG - another ego-centric sentence

Possibly, although I suspect if TOBW had pointed out the awful journalism from the Beeb in this article he'd have had a different response. Sorry TBG - another ego-centric sentence
    Highlighting ‘mares has a long and proud tradition on this board.

And the best ones are usually when the subject tries to type his/her way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Did the OP actually read the article?
    I did. But the opening line made me wonder "How much of this is actually a story - they have started the article with a premise".

It wasn't necessary - they could just have started with their second paragraph. Since the article started with, essentially, a question (and no question mark at that) and not a fact it made the rest of the article less credible.

I did. But the opening line made me wonder "How much of this is actually a story - they have started the article with a premise".

It wasn't necessary - they could just have started with their second paragraph. Since the article started with, essentially, a question (and no question mark at that) and not a fact it made the rest of the article less credible.
    What!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

And the best ones are usually when the subject tries to type his/her way out of it.
    Unless Auntie Andy has had any I think you can leave the her out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

OK - so now we can agree that the BBC were right (despite their article being based around speculation and not facts).

Therefore, we can now read articles such as

"Jose Mourinho could well be managing Manchester United's last season in the Premier League for some time. To avoid this, he is looking to sign Gareth Bale..."

It's poor journalism it makes the rest of the article appear speculatory which, let's be honest, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I may be a woman... who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Can’t think of any but we’re an inclusive board.

Blog Entries

I may be a woman... who knows?

You flatter yourself if you think that I would treat you any different to someone else.